• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the last two penny arcade games? I have an old school rpg itch, and those seem like they could be fun.

Does the story matter? Can i start with 3, or even 4 and still have a good time?

You can start with 3 (1 & 2 were made by different dev). I really like the simple old-school RPG design in 3 & 4; 3 is a classic party/job system where 4 takes adds a monster party type system (though I've only put 5 or so hours here). Great games if you're into those kinda RPGs. Definitely worth a try! Also no random battles and virtually zero grinding.

Let's make it to OT5 you bastards!
At this point, OT5 would just be a repeat of a previous OT.

Using a controller is the greatest thing ever. I'm so bad at keyboard and mouse.

This is how I feel as well. I will generally only pick up games with controller support.

You can start with 3 (1 & 2 were made by different dev). I really like the simple old-school RPG design in 3 & 4; 3 is a classic party/job system where 4 takes adds a monster party type system (though I've only put 5 or so hours here). Great games if you're into those kinda RPGs. Definitely worth a try! Also no random battles and virtually zero grinding.

Awesome! :D

RetroMG

How are the last two penny arcade games? I have an old school rpg itch, and those seem like they could be fun.

Does the story matter? Can i start with 3, or even 4 and still have a good time?

3 is a great game with a great job system, 4 is pretty good but they replaced the job system with a pokemon-esque monster trainer mechanic that I didn't love as much.

I would say you can start with 3. They reference the past episodes but it builds on it's own.

EDIT: Beaten!

DaBoss

Using a controller is the greatest thing ever. I'm so bad at keyboard and mouse.
Depends on the games. FPS and RTS are best with KB/M. Everything else is best with controllers.

Btw, what controller do you use? I need to get one for my PC. I would rather use one made compatible for games than a PS3 controller.

Zeliard

The sheer carnage in Chivalry is hilarious, especially when you factor in the friendly fire. There's nothing quite like getting in a duel with someone, and then one of his teammates comes up and takes a big ass swing at your head and ends up lopping his own guy's off when he gets in the way. This is probably one of the best comedy games ever.

The sheer carnage in Chivalry is hilarious, especially when you factor in the friendly fire. There's nothing quite like getting in a duel with someone, and then one of his teammates comes up and takes a big ass swing at your head and ends up lopping his own guy's off when he gets in the way. This is probably one of the best comedy games ever.

It's especially bad when everyone is covered in blood and you have black and white vision from taking too much damage. Just try to seperate friend from foe :p

RetroMG

I wish the live update addon for Greasmonkey could auto update more often than every 30 seconds. That was like fifteen posts in the earlier threads.

Crayons

Banned
Would probably crash the internet as well

Yup. I could imagine GAF, 4chan, reddit, and any other site that talks about video games would be down.

Would be a hell of a way to launch though.

Half Life 3 will be available to purchase at 99% off for one hour only. Afterwards, the game will be put in the Valve Vault for 5 years.

Yup. I could imagine GAF, 4chan, reddit, and any other site that talks about video games would be down.

Would be a hell of a way to launch though.

Half Life 3 will be available to purchase at 99% off for one hour only. Afterwards, the game will be put in the Valve Vault for 5 years.

How would anyone buy that? As if the Valve store would be up long enough to even click on add to cart :p

RoKKeR

I know this probably isn't the place to ask it and searching the internet has given me mixed results, but if you have the Wireless 360 controller to PC adapter, then you could use a Wireless Racing Wheel on PC, right?

UncleBiz

Btw, what controller do you use? I need to get one for my PC. I would rather use one made compatible for games than a PS3 controller.
I'm just using a PS3 controller, it works pretty well. I would use a 360 controller, but I don't have a wired one

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Since I'm in a completionist rush I think I'll finally play Year of the Snake, it's the only thing left for me to do in Dawgs but it fell on the wayside since I was playing other things already when it was released.

I bow to you sir, that takes some real dedication.
Thanks! Control idiosyncrasies aside the game is still very enjoyable, so even though some stuff took quite a few retries I had a blast.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Stars of Blood wasn't put on ice. I mean, we were basically looking at what was presumably an open-galaxy "space pirate" game with a practically unlimited budget. The optimistic in me chooses to believe that is was shelved temporarily simply so it can be resurrected as a Source 2 game, once the engine has matured.

Depends on the games. FPS and RTS are best with KB/M. Everything else is best with controllers.

Hard to go wrong with the wired 360 controller. :)

Volotaire

New thread already , nice.

Anyone got a Super meat boy , Lone Survivor and Broid Humble bundle Key? WIlling to pay the right amount.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
An hour til the dailies, and I'm being dragged off to a family outing. #theworstpartofthesummersale

:)

Zeliard

It's especially bad when everyone is covered in blood and you have black and white vision from taking too much damage. Just try to seperate friend from foe :p

Haha yeah, the Agatha guys can start looking like the other team when they're all drenched in blood.

The battle cries are great too. I watched one of my knight teammates absolutely destroy some poor sap in a duel, decapitating him and then taking an arm off for good measure, then he looked at me and did the Agatha battle cry animation while another guy watching did the laugh emote and it slayed me. The comedic timing of it all was perfect, and the battle cries just go together so well with the over-the-top violence. I imagine there have been plenty of Monty Python and the Holy Grail comparisons drawn.

Overdoziz

Banned

The mouse is obviously great for FPS games, but I honestly hate using the keyboard for moving around. Especially in fast paced games it can be a pain compared to using a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom