• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

I picked up the complete bundle for $9.99 the other day (when it lost the daily vote) and I'm REALLY enjoying it so far!
I had to tweak the controls a bit (I swapped the ship controls on the analog sticks), but it's a lot of fun with a PS3 controller (a 360 controller should be just as good, if that's your personal preference).
Definitely check it out for $3!

Alright, thanks for that. Will definitely get it then.

cicero

It really is pathetic that all of the other older Star Wars games are at 33% individually. If this was two years ago they all would have been reduced along with the daily. Knights of the Old Republic II was a daily deal sale for $2.49 (75% off) back on January 3rd, 2013 anyway. And people try to say that sales aren't getting worse?

scurker

I expected a better discount from Prison Architect. I probably would've bit at 50% off, but 34% is kind of eh.... I might wait to see if they can do better during the winter sale.

Looks like Rogue Legacy isn't going to get a bigger discount either, time to bite!

On another note, I'm still mulling about Chivalry but it looks pretty similar to Warband. Is it worth picking up?

Deadbeat

Banned
Looks like its time for

tYXj24O.gif

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-E43F4FFFC0BF9913 - Taken by Addnan

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Anyone have any impressions for Starforge Alpha?

The multiplayer videos look cool, but from what I can tell the game plays nothing like that right now. All you can do (last time I played, which was a few months ago) was run around a big field and build structures from wood. Although, if you cut down enough trees you can eventually build a tower that goes into space, which is pretty cool.

Thinking about jumping into Chivalry. I have M&B but only played a bit of it because I felt like the controls were way over my head. Is Chivalry more like an FPS, somethling like Skyrim controls?

I... think so? I only played it during the free weekend like 6 months ago and don't really remember. I don't remember it feeling cumbersome though, which I did get from M&B.

I did just buy it this week, but I don't have it installed yet, heh.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone in here actually own Prison Architect and can give impressions?

If you arent super hot on the game, on supporting the dev and dealing with bugs, I suggest to wait since they will release the game cheaper once they hit the full release.

Fun simulation game tough.

Why don't my cards that I'm selling don't show up anymore in the list? I put 2 dead island cards up for the lowest price an hour ago and they are nowhere to be found. I got a BD joe card from Sonic, put it up and there are apparently no listings at all for that card.

Warrozo

Neo Member
If you arent super hot on the game, on supporting the dev and dealing with bugs, I suggest to wait since they will release the game cheaper once they hit the full release.

Fun simulation game tough.

As you are going to be effectively funding their development, keep in mind that it'll be changing constantly. But once its released the price most likely will go up so keep that in mind too :) The price will likely go down after release :)

Thinking about jumping into Chivalry. I have M&B but only played a bit of it because I felt like the controls were way over my head. Is Chivalry more like an FPS, somethling like Skyrim controls?

You have several attacks, each with a different animation, which comes from different directions and with different speeds and damage. Each attack is triggered with a single button click or keypress. If you have a shield you can raise it to deflect incoming attacks, if you do not have a shield you parry attacks by timing a button click with the impact of the incoming strike. You can feint to screw with your opponents parry timings. Positioning and angles of attack are crucial to get around enemy's defence.

This is an old video that covers the basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevnvCS85z0

Kud Dukan

The multiplayer videos look cool, but from what I can tell the game plays nothing like that right now. All you can do (last time I played, which was a few months ago) was run around a big field and build structures from wood. Although, if you cut down enough trees you can eventually build a tower that goes into space, which is pretty cool.

Yeah, sounds like it still has a ways to go. I'll keep an eye on it though, because I think it has enormous potential when they start adding more features and game systems.

Jedi Knight Series, Republic Commando. Disney, why are you not letting us experience these awesome games?

To be fair, Disney's games division is so gutted that management of this stuff might not even have a real home. And the people that are left have really only had to worry about console before (and Infinity is all they're really worrying about now). Who knows... it might even be sitting in a group like business development rather than with a product management team since the transition from Lucas only happened recently. Maybe they'll figure it out by Winter.

Baust

Is there a site that keeps a list of all the things that were on the sale/community vote? It feels like some of this stuff has been up more than 3 times.

cicero

Thanks for the link, I did notice "no longer taking requests" at the top of the page though. I'd be interested in a couple of the games, but it seems I was too late!

No no, you are wrong. It only means he is no longer taking requests for games to be added to those that he already has listed. The ones he has on that page are STILL available. Send him a message.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
As you are going to be effectively funding their development, keep in mind that it'll be changing constantly. But once its released the price most likely will go up so keep that in mind too :)

Its confirmed that the price will go DOWN on release, because they chose a high price for the alpha to keep random people from playing it (and only the hardcore that are willing to bugreport/help with the game instead of complaining).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom