• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Too lazy to dig that up, but they confirmed they used an artificially higher price to keep random people from complaining. Admittedly, they didnt confirm it will necessarily go down according to that logic, but they wont raise it and for the money its costing and a good chance of them lowering the price on release, I feel like 17$ are better spent on 5 other Indies that equally deserve the love.

hmm, if only there was some place to go to find out about some of those indies that equally deserve the love...oh well.

Kapow

I have a quick question. I ended up getting all the dlc for Fallout New Vegas and downloaded the mission mojave mod and loaded it up in the nexus mod manager. Can I just run the game from steam now or do I have to open it from the nexus manager and do i have to have the manager open for the mods to work? It's hard to tell if the mod is working since its mostly just bug fixes

Anyone?

Bri

Chivalry is not like Skyrim. It is first person with medieval weapons, sure. But timing is essential. Overhead strikes, swings, alt swings, parries, parry acceleration, dodge, duck, thrusts and kicks. Different speed, reach and damage based on your weapon.

But ofc, you can have a blast grabbing a zweihander, press C and swing that sword like crazy.

Skyrim is such a boring game when it comes to melee fighting.

How is the multiple controller support for local multiplayer games such as Sonic Racing? Does it generally work out of the "box" if I am using wired Xbox 360 controllers + wireless controllers connected through the USB wireless adapter?

Jawmuncher

Finally grabbed counter strike GO.
15 bucks spent so far on this steam sale
(20 if I count gifting). Think I pretty much got everything I wanted unless a crazy daily deal comes out.

Hopefully the original half life collection
(The 1st game and expansions) goes on sale for 5 soon. Since its been that low before.

DOA

wanna sell my games from the 4-pack i've bought on steam:

got 3 copies of Natural Selection 2 - $4.7 for each copy
- already in progress

got 2 copies of Ace of Spades - $1.88 for each copy

got 2 copies of Monaco - $5.59 for each copy

taken

i'll recieve paypal (please remember that there paypal fees, since i don't have the gift option)

PM me for details

zychi

Banned
How is the multiple controller support for local multiplayer games such as Sonic Racing? Does it generally work out of the "box" if I am using wired Xbox 360 controllers + wireless controllers connected through the USB wireless adapter?
Yup! Works great! Even has the actual button prompts in game!

maneil99

Yea works very well, just go to configure and pick the input device for each player

Torraz

All this Alpha Protocol talk sounds so tempting, but I promised myself not to spend any more this sale.

You know you want it ;).

It's a good rpg with lots of choice (=replay value); choice both in terms of story, as well as character builds (=how you approach missions).

Volotaire

Finally grabbed counter strike GO.
15 bucks spent so far on this steam sale
(20 if I count gifting). Think I pretty much got everything I wanted unless a crazy daily deal comes out.

Hopefully the original half life collection
(The 1st game and expansions) goes on sale for 5 soon. Since its been that low before.

It already did when half life 2 was on sale.

Grief.exe

Chivalry is not like Skyrim. It is first person with medieval weapons, sure. But timing is essential. Overhead strikes, swings, alt swings, parries, parry acceleration, dodge, duck, thrusts and kicks. Different speed, reach and damage based on your weapon.

But ofc, you can have a blast grabbing a zweihander, press C and swing that sword like crazy.

Skyrim is such a boring game when it comes to melee fighting.

All of Skyrim's mechanics are very shallow, not just melee fighting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seems like Galaxy on Fire 2 HD has positive reviews, but so does Strike Suit Zero. However it seems GoF2 has more content?

Petrie

Banned
wanna sell my games from the 4-pack i've bought on steam:

got 3 copies of Natural Selection 2 - $4.7 for each copy

got 3 copies of Ace of Spades - $1.88 for each copy

got 2 copies of Monaco - $5.59 for each copy

got 3 copies of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $5 for each copy

i'll recieve paypal (please remember that there paypal fees, since i don't have the gift option)

PM me for details

Good luck on Monaco, Dunderhassan has it almost $2 cheaper when you account for fees.

Someone who can't take gifts really shouldn't try hosting 4 packs.

Trouble

Banned
The damage. I reserve the right to jump on any recaps and/or sale items that didn't get daily/flash/community discounts on the last day.

Aa8gZL5.png

Edit: Wait, what's Super Hexagon doing in there? That's from a humble bundle.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is going to be a dangerous day. I'm trying hard to resist 3 multiplayer games right now. Quick, somebody talk me out of Monaco, Natural Selection 2, or Chivalry.

Or talk me into hosting a 4 pack for any of them.

I'm weak.

Anyone think I should bother getting strike suit zero for my laptop? Specs seem high:

I have an AMD A8-3520M APU, 1.6 GHz Quad Core processor and 8 GB of RAM.

I'm assuming the answer's no but who knows, this thing as suprised me before as long as I jack down some settings. I get a constant 30 fps in chivalry at medium settings, I'm very nearly maxing out DMC4 at a constant 60 FPS, etc. Maybe someone else as tried it on a similar laptop and can chime in.

This is going to be a dangerous day. I'm trying hard to resist 3 multiplayer games right now. Quick, somebody talk me out of Monaco, Natural Selection 2, or Chivalry.

I'm weak.

All 3 are great multiplayer games, can't go wrong with any of them. Wait I was supposed to talk you out of them....don't buy if you hate fun? :p

Petrie

Banned

I'm weak.

Multi player is all I can ever resist, as communities die before I get to them. Not a problem with single player shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom