• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

I'm super glad Sonic Racing Transformed is on sale. That game is fantastic and I'm not really a huge racing fan. I can't speak to the PC version (I got the PSN Vita version when it went on sale a few months ago) but I'm sure it's worth every penny :D
I tried it on the free weekend a few weeks ago and it didn't click at all with me :/ just had no charm imo, for when I already knew Mario Kart.

Warrozo

Neo Member
Its confirmed that the price will go DOWN on release, because they chose a high price for the alpha to keep random people from playing it (and only the hardcore that are willing to bugreport/help with the game instead of complaining).

Ah I didn't know that! Well in that case I retract my previous statement :)

Acorn

So Alpha Protocol, I remember reading some of the skills were borked. I'm planning on going stealthy, with cqc and some pistol (Old School Bond), are any of those skills borked?

Played it. It is funny as hell sometimes. But its not easy. A pure simulation with some nice funny touches.

If you arent super hot on the game, on supporting the dev and dealing with bugs, I suggest to wait since they will release the game cheaper once they hit the full release.

Fun simulation game tough.

Thanks for these...I'm torn because i'm still interested but I only have $20 to spend, and think it would probably be better spent on Rogue Legacy and a few other cheap games...

At least I have 24 hours to decide!

Grief.exe

To be fair, Disney's games division is so gutted that management of this stuff might not even have a real home. And the people that are left have really only had to worry about console before (and Infinity is all they're really worrying about now). Who knows... it might even be sitting in a group like business development rather than with a product management team since the transition from Lucas only happened recently. Maybe they'll figure it out by Winter.

They actually had the games on sale a couple months ago, after the transition of Lucas Arts.

The discount wasn't the best its ever been and I wasn't going to get to the game right away, so I went ahead and passed on Republic Commando at the time.

Its confirmed that the price will go DOWN on release, because they chose a high price for the alpha to keep random people from playing it (and only the hardcore that are willing to bugreport/help with the game instead of complaining).

Just out of interest, where did they confirm it?

Can't see any mention on the Steam store page, and I can imagine they would have to mention somewhere that the current price is higher than the final.

Wag

So Alpha Protocol, I remember reading some of the skills were borked. I'm planning on going stealthy, with cqc and some pistol (Old School Bond), are any of those skills borked?

It doesn't matter. The game is still fun as hell.

Grief.exe

As you are going to be effectively funding their development, keep in mind that it'll be changing constantly. But once its released the price most likely will go up so keep that in mind too :)

read:

I've said this before, but the developers of Prison Architect decided to release the Alpha for a base price.

This was to allow only the truly dedicated players in to alpha test their game and help them towards release.
Rather than joe schmo, who see bugs, request a refund, and then go on forums and bitch because of his ignorance.

I believe the base price will actually go down as the game moves towards release.

VandalD

Actually, stealthy CQC with pistols is the
only
best way to play the game. Carry on!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just out of interest, where did they confirm it?

Can't see any mention on the Steam store page, and I can imagine they would have to mention somewhere that the current price is higher than the final.

Thanks for these...I'm torn because i'm still interested but I only have $20 to spend, and think it would probably be better spent on Rogue Legacy and a few other cheap games...

At least I have 24 hours to decide!

Too lazy to dig that up, but they confirmed they used an artificially higher price to keep random people from complaining. Admittedly, they didnt confirm it will necessarily go down according to that logic, but they wont raise it and for the money its costing and a good chance of them lowering the price on release, I feel like 17$ are better spent on 5 other Indies that equally deserve the love.

Zia

Worms Revolution.

Yay, or nay?

Enjoyed them in like 1996. Never played one since.

Grab Worms Armageddon instead. It's a daily as well and is the Saturn Bomberman of the Worms series in that it'll probably never be topped; the pinnacle of the series at its purest and most polished.

Slyjss

Pistols is a bit like cheating, if you upgrade them you can beat bosses in less than five seconds. But it's also very funny and rewarding. BTW, you'll probably fail at stealth in Saudi Arabia. It's normal, don't abandon like Jim Sterling, you'll eventually unlock the perks you need.

Tizoc

Deadpool is the closest you'll get to a Suda 51 game on the PC, grab it if the price suits you for a game that's been released within 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom