• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPJZKC

Apples to Motorcycles.

Not even close.

If you like multiplayer, get chivalry.

If you like single player immersive (amazing) elite/pirates! type rpgs, grab Mount & Blade Warband - which also has pretty good multiplayer (and quite similar to chivalry at that too).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My only worry on getting Galaxy on Fire 2 is that it's a mobile game.

On the fence as well, someone from the Indie Sales thread said that Strike Zuit was better though.

Sonic Generations has been on my wishlist for the past months and i finally can take it off. It was on sale for $7.50 so I took the chance the moment I could.

I guess that was my last game for this sale, so I guess I'm done. I have only $0.82 left in my Steam wallet and I started out with $52, and I leave with 8 games. I guess it was a pretty ok sale for me.

Where can you see that information? I can't seem to find it.
I don't know if there's an easy way but I did

Profile -> Badges -> Click on "How can I earn more cards?"

The damage. I reserve the right to jump on any recaps and/or sale items that didn't get daily/flash/community discounts on the last day.

Aa8gZL5.png

Edit: Wait, what's Super Hexagon doing in there? That's from a humble bundle.

Oooh how do you sort like this?

yami4ct

Well, at this point I'm willing to take the $4 bet, difference between current and 50% off, that Rogue Legacy isn't going on sale so I can have all weekend to play it.

And with that, the steam sale is pretty much done for me. There were some surprises, decent sale on Kerbal and the amazing Tomb Raider sale to name a couple, but overall it was pretty middle of the road as far as steam sales go. Lack of major indie representation in the dailies and flash deals was disappointing. I really hope that that's something we see turned around for the winter sale.

Well, now that I'm officially done with the summer sale, you probably won't see much more of me in the sale thread. I may pop in once in a while, but not nearly as much as I was during the week. I may pop in the official Steam OT when this is all over. It's been fun guys, see you around GAF.

Deitus

I'm wondering this too. Looks like the mission pack and Strike Suit: Infinity might be decent buys, but I'm still not really sure what Infinity is. Anyone played both?

I'm only just picking up the game now, so I can't give any hands on impressions. But from what I have read online, Infinity seems to be an arcade-style, wave-based, score attack/survival mode. It uses the base mechanics of the main game (Zero), but loses the mission and objective structure and focuses purely on space combat.

I've never played a game that's been as consistently funny as Chivalry. All while being fun to play too!
I've never had so much fun avoiding combat before. I'll just aggro a dude and run away forever, trying to bait my chaser into another conflict all the while having my character scream at the top of their lungs. It is just endlessly amusing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On the fence as well, someone from the Indie Sales thread said that Strike Zuit was better though.

Well, that's settled then. I wonder why the reviews are on average.

What's the difference between Zero and Infinity?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, that's settled then. I wonder why the reviews are on average.

What's the difference between Zero and Infinity?

Zero 5 hours SP campaign, Infinity Highscoring gaming goodness.

LeleSocho

Banned
Here's what i bought this summer:

Hitman: Absolution
Hotline Miami
Mirror's Edge
Just Cause 2
Sim City 4
AudioSurf
Cave Story+

total spent: 19,63€

I'm happy.

hitmon

If you like multiplayer, get chivalry.

If you like single player immersive (amazing) elite/pirates! type rpgs, grab Mount & Blade Warband - which also has pretty good multiplayer (and quite similar to chivalry at that too).

Debatable if you're wanting multiplayer. Mount and Blade Warband for playing alone.

Thanks for clarifying the difference. Are there bots you can play against in Chivalry?

Salsa

I will critique this gif.

When you first walk into a new Steam Sale OP, one thing you're sure to come across is a new TerModBotor gif, one of director Salsa Shark's trademark tricks. The third installment in the series takes a new spin on the same themes - the benefits of established rules and destruction of rebels. It's certainly a narrative that borders on fascism, but here Shark seems to hint at a new meaning - the always-ambiguous titular character, ModBot, is for the first time on the receiving end of the instructions, and, in a spectacular twist, coldly murders the oppressor. Is this a way for the director to encourage us to reflect on the lessons distilled in the TerModBotor 1 and 2? Does he expect the audience to read between the lines instead of simply taking the script at face value like in any other similarly action-packed gif? While this new-found subtlety provides a welcome deepness to the usually shallow story, it also does obfuscates its point. Some of the orders spewed out by ModBot's soon-to-be victim do seem to make sense, yet victim he becomes regardless, with ModBot professing a fatal judgment: 'WRONG'. The discourse is ambivalent, and even contradictory at times - maybe that is the point. No doubt academics will be studying the ramifications of TerModBotor 3's messages for years to come, debating over the correctness of their interpretation. Other viewers will simply enjoy the gif's unrelenting pace and perfect sense of timing, which culminates in a gut-punching climax rarely experienced before in OPs.

He's not on the recieving end of the instructions in a "remember to follow these" kinda way, but rather a "enforce and remember to get people to respect these rules".

Other than that, you're spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom