• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

If Republic Commando goes on sale, at the next flash sale, I will be happy.

It isn't going to happen. Have there been any other similar older more obscure titles on daily sales this entire sale? No. They don't even have it on sale at 66% today, despite there being another Star Wars title on sale today at that discount.

Grief.exe

Anyone have a larger render of this?

I want to start working on the Steam OT

p3ofxrggBYsFaZ7tw4cZXx821Xf8UAvL0adN9ydhUfhucSg94TxDmaWwghPl51fVEiPMZKkSSdPaqlDvJmJQ_2N1O33_NFCbpO3OFfytSdJYcJI_9E4UiY2nEKU_JkT4OihpMaJvAZ6lqtBKu_oVkBJ1w2WiGxTF0qUQoWhwQf4hdig1

And both are standalone yes?

Yes

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Ettie

Man, was really hoping for Kingdoms of Amalur and Sacred:Citadel to get some deep discounts this sale.

Still got some good stuff.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've never had so much fun avoiding combat before. I'll just aggro a dude and run away forever, trying to bait my chaser into another conflict all the while having my character scream at the top of their lungs. It is just endlessly amusing.
I usually wait for them to lunge, then I block their attack and slam down my polehammer right on top of their head. Nothing beats the sound of crushing someone's head. :D

If anyone's doing a Chivalry 4-pack, I'm interested but my money is in my steam wallet so I could just buy you a $5 game instead of Paypal.
I'll only be saving $1.24 but that's almost another game!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Its nice to dream.

You are going to be very disappointed when its Borderlands 2.

It isn't going to happen. Have there been any other similar older more obscure titles on daily sales this entire sale? No. They don't even have it on sale at 66% today, despite there being another Star Wars title on sale today at that discount.

I bet you guys tell kids there is no Santa Claus either.

Donos

As former hardcore CS 1.6 player who didn't like CS Source and still dominates fools with the AK-47 ... is CS GO worth a try ?? Momentarily fighting my backlog and my main MP game is BF3 (PC) but i'm interested in CS GO for 5 € if it's closer to CS 1.6 than CS Source (hitboxes, weapon balance etc.).

$47.84 USD that translates to around $50.66 CAD. I set a loose budget of $60 so looks like I'll stay in it. I wanted Kerbal but it was a bit much. Also interested in Gnomoria, any impressions on that?

As former hardcore CS 1.6 player who didn't like CS Source and still dominates fools with the AK-47 ... is CS GO worth a try ?? Momentarily fighting my backlog and my main MP game is BF3 (PC) but i'm interested in CS GO for 5 € if it's closer to CS 1.6 than CS Source.
CS:GO feels very much like CS:S to me, an extension of it at the very least. No veteran though, spent a dozen hours with each (and in the beta for CS:GO so YMMV)

Zeliard

Thanks for clarifying the difference. Are there bots you can play against in Chivalry?

Yes, there are bots if you want to practice on to get your bearings. There is a fairly extensive training mode that you should go through first, and I would recommend going through that and just jumping into the MP immediately, and figuring things out as you go along.

It's a multiplayer game through-and-through and that's where all the fun (and hilarity) lies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hmm... With Prison Architect getting a daily, will Gnomoria get a daily/flash too despite being an early access?

Seems unlikely, but you might as well wait. Gnomoria is easily the better value at these price too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am looking at Train Simulator 2013. Someone either talk me into this or out of it. I can't decide.

ayze82

Neo Member
You'll be waiting until the Winter sale, my friend.

Only a couple days left now. I'll be grabbing any interesting indies on Monday.

By your indies on Sunday, I made that mistake last sale. When it says it ends the 22nd It means Sunday Night, not all day Monday. If I am mistaken on this please correct me.

hitmon

Yes, there are bots if you want to practice on to get your bearings. There is a fairly extensive training mode that you should go through first, and I would recommend going through that and just jumping into the MP immediately, and figuring things out as you go along.

It's a multiplayer game through-and-through and that's where all the fun (and hilarity) lies.

Thanks! Looks like I have some thinking to do.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Don't know what to do about Prison Architect. Price seems a bit high, especially for an alpha, but I doubt it'll get cheaper than this for a long while. Hmmm.

Very few games go up in price over time.. other than Minecraft.

This is also on Steam. It's not finished, whenever it's inevitably is finished, it'll probably end up sale for $5.

How are Prison Architect and Starforge?

Prison Architect is fantastic. It's improved leaps and bounds since the first alpha and has some really emergent gameplay in it. The prisoners are constantly surprising me with their actions!

You'll easily get your money's worth from the sandbox, and when scenarios are added, that should give an interesting new lease of life to the title.

If I had to choose from one Steam sale game, PA would be it. It's got such a unique mood about it and some seriously dark humour. The game's almost worth buying alone for the juxtaposition between the twee cartoon like graphics and the incredibly dark subject matter. Seeing two cartoon guys involved in a shanking in the showers is a bizarre thing indeed.

Torraz

Totally missed out on the training mode. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom