• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Grabbing the Strike Suit bundle. I'd get Zeno Clash 2 now too but I want to play Deus Ex and/or HR first before I buy any more FP games (Bio Infinite was an exception).

Enco

Prison Architect looks like it would be fun for an hour or two and then it'll get boring when you have a decent prison.

That being said, I'm not a big sim fan.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Prison Architect is fantastic. It's improved leaps and bounds since the first alpha and has some really emergent gameplay in it. The prisoners are constantly surprising me with their actions!

You'll easily get your money's worth from the sandbox, and when scenarios are added, that should give an interesting new lease of life to the title.

If I had to choose from one Steam sale game, PA would be it. It's got such a unique mood about it and some seriously dark humour. The game's almost worth buying alone for the juxtaposition between the twee cartoon like graphics and the incredibly dark subject matter. Seeing two cartoon guys involved in a shanking in the showers is a bizarre thing indeed.

While I agree with you, I still think every post about PA should contain the information that they chose a HIGHER price for the alpha to keep idiots from buying and complaining about the game. For the sake of Steam sales, if you arent completely hot on these games, I'd say there are other games that deserve the love now since PA will probably get cheaper eventually.

Prison Architect looks like it would be fun for an hour or two and then it'll get boring when you have a decent prison.

That being said, I'm not a big sim fan.

If you are not a big sim fan, I cant recommend dropping $17 on it.

Disclaimer: I still love the game though.

cicero

I bet you guys tell kids there is no Santa Claus either.

Kids need hard truths...The kids have to learn about TekWar sooner or later.

csiHpyf.png

Zeliard

Oh yeah Thief. What's the best version?

Thief 2 is the best Thief game
there will ever be
, but you should also play the first one. Dark Shadows is also probably worth playing for its great Cradle level, but overall there are some pretty major negative changes from the original games. Some of those changes are detailed here if you want to take a look.

Ultimately, if you decide to only get one Thief game, absolutely make it Thief 2.

Salsa

ive been tempted on Counter Strike GO through the whole sales but I really dont know if i'll play an mp FPS right now, tho I havent played CS since early source

and prison architect looks really cool and up my alley, but similarly, I dont know if I wanna play an alpha of it

Karu

Went to the store, 10 minutes before closing, got additional 10 bucks. Ready for the gran final, Steam - here we go!

Thief 2 is the best Thief game
there will ever be
, but you should also play the first one. Dark Shadows is also probably worth playing for its great Cradle level, but there are some pretty major negative changes from the original games. Some of those changes are detailed here if you want to take a look.

Ultimately, if you decide to only get one Thief game, absolutely make it Thief 2.

Fun fact, Thief 2 is not only the best Thief game...but also the greatest game of all time!
IMO

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ive been tempted on Counter Strike GO through the whole sales but I really dont know if i'll play an mp FPS right now, tho I havent played CS since early source

and prison architect looks really cool and up my alley, but similarly, I dont know if I wanna play an alpha of it

Bite on both. You know you want to.

Uiki

As former hardcore CS 1.6 player who didn't like CS Source and still dominates fools with the AK-47 ... is CS GO worth a try ?? Momentarily fighting my backlog and my main MP game is BF3 (PC) but i'm interested in CS GO for 5 € if it's closer to CS 1.6 than CS Source (hitboxes, weapon balance etc.).

It's neither 1.6 nor source.

Valve is still fine tuning the balance of the game..there are some issue with movement speed and how it affects peeking/shooting which make the game feel different than 1.6/source. They are trying new values in this weeks, so it's a good time to pick it up.

Matchmaking is a great addiction to the game (even with 64 tick servers).

For 5 bucks go for it.

BiggNife

I'm sure some people have mentioned this, but in addition to Sonic Racing Transformed (great game, btw), there's an entire franchise sale on Sonic games

Sonic CD is $1.24. If you've ever wanted to play that game, buy this immediately. I personally think it's a little overrated but the port is absolutely fantastic and it's still worth playing.

gabbo

Is anyone interested in a Zeno Clash 2 2-pack?
It's the last game I was interested in, and a 2 pack drops the price to about $7.50 a person.

guit3457

Im trying to be in a Natural Selection 2 four pack and in a Chivalry 4 pack.

If anyone is hosting it please send me a PM. I will keep checking out the thread anyway.

Natural Selection 2 looks interesting. As a person who hasn't played Natural Selection before and is miserable at RTS games, how is it? The commander mode seems like the one thing that's making me pause on it.

Grief.exe

Natural Selection 2 looks interesting. As a person who hasn't played Natural Selection before and is miserable at RTS games, how is it? The commander mode seems like the one thing that's making me pause on it.

Only one person at a time is in command mode, if you don't want to deal with that aspect of the game then you don't have to.

I want to hear from someone as well, I want to be sold on NS2.

Kilrathi

You can play on the field as a marine or alien. One player on each side takes the commander role.

Ghost23

I have been looking for a shooter to play for awhile. I loved BF3 and used to play CoD. I have never played a CS before. Is CS:GO the game I'm looking for, or is it too hardcore for a new player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom