• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The PC community blows my mind sometimes.

A game like Sonic Racing Transformed, probably didn't perform all that well initially. Kind of a niche game, lower metacritic scores, I'm sure it somewhat bombed on consoles.

But through community word of mouth it is selling amazingly on Steam. 41 of my friends own the title, that's insane.

Crayons

Banned

WAORCSX.png

Patterns looked neat too so I picked that up.

SparkTR

Natural Selection 2 looks interesting. As a person who hasn't played Natural Selection before and is miserable at RTS games, how is it? The commander mode seems like the one thing that's making me pause on it.

Just follow orders, other players comm. Also stay with the game a until a few weeks after the sale as well, the gameplay/community gets 10x better as newbies start to get an idea what they're doing.

Donos

It's neither 1.6 nor source.

Valve is still fine tuning the balance of the game..there are some issue with movement speed and how it affects peeking/shooting which make the game feel different than 1.6/source. They are trying new values in this weeks, so it's a good time to pick it up.

Matchmaking is a great addiction to the game (even with 64 tick servers).

For 5 bucks go for it.

Thanks. Bought it.

mrgone

What are the best Early Access games that are heavily discounted?

Kenshi looks pretty awesome, like Mount & Blade meets Fallout. It's not much of a discount, but it's apparently the best we're going to get until the singularity according to the developer

Thanks for pointing out Patterns! I'd looked at a few times on GMG, but completely forgot it was around for this sale.

Neverfade

Does KOTOR 2 have all the compatibility issues that the first does? I'm not going to even bother at price if the damn thing won't run right like #1.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wanted Prison Architect to be around 10 bucks. I really want to support these awesome Devs but 20 bucks, I dunno man.

Crayons

Banned
Kenshi looks pretty awesome, like Mount & Blade meets Fallout. It's not much of a discount, but it's apparently the best we're going to get until the singularity according to the developer

As interesting as that game looks (I voted for it on greenlight), I very rarely buy things under 50%.

Guys, Chivalry or CS:GO?

considering that:

1) I barely played CS, a few matches of CS:Source
2) I played Chivalry and someone said the skill ceiling is slow, seems that way but I also enjoy that witthout being very good I could kill quite fine. Matches are pure madness but it can be a bit boring since there dosn't seem to had much strategy (or people playing don't care about strategy).

mrgone

As interesting as that game looks (I voted for it on greenlight), I very rarely buy things under 50%.

Yeah, it's not steep, and wasn't even really supposed to happen, supposedly. The guy's talking about raising the price soon, too. It might end up equaling a 50% discount :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RhtxOVK.png

I already own all of these. What do you want GAF?

I voted for BC2 because I choose to believe that EA so eagerly participating in Steam sales in recent months is a sign that someone there is gathering data to get a sense of just how much money the company is leaving on the table by petulantly ignoring the service.

The Saboteur on Steam will happen one day. Mark my words!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I voted for BC2 because I choose to believe that EA so eagerly participating in Steam sales in recent months is a sign that someone there is gathering data to get a sense of just how much money the company is leaving on the table by petulantly ignoring the service.

I'm drawing inspiration from your avatar so I'll go ahead and vote that way too. Would be great if EA draws inspiration from your avatar as well.

No Love

Banned
The PC community blows my mind sometimes.

A game like Sonic Racing Transformed, probably didn't perform all that well initially. Kind of a niche game, lower metacritic scores, I'm sure it somewhat bombed on consoles.

But through community word of mouth it is selling amazingly on Steam. 41 of my friends own the title, that's insane.

Because it's absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for the sequel.

Now I just need to go buy a GTX 780 to play it, since I sold my GTX 670's... aw :\

Any impressions of Strike Suit Zero? From the screens, it looks a lot like Z.O.E.

That's very high praise right there if it's like it. ZOE2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Must investigate...

Edit: Laughable review of the game from IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82SaOZ8eqww

"The reason you SHOULD play Strike Suit Zero... to feel the thrill of rending swarms of enemies with a GOD DAMN strike suit."

This Anthony guy is a horrible try-hard excuse for a reviewer.

Edit edit: Strike Suit Zero mega bundle bought. Game looks fantastic.

Sabotuer + Syndicate would be some fantastic additions to Steam. I bought DA:OU even though I have it on Origin to show my support.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Today was my big purchase day on all the games that were 66-75% off already and are highly unlikely to be dailies or flash. Got a ton of games.

Amneisac

I'm kind of disappointed in Valve that they list CS:GO as having partial controller support when clearly it doesn't work. Well, I suppose it is partial in the sense that you can do everything but move and aim with the controller.

And before anyone gives a smart ass M+KB IS BETTER statement, I know, believe me. But my 12 year-old nephew was over and he wanted to just play against bots on the TV - not PWN N00BS MLG STYLE LOL!!11!!ONE!@ELEVEN!!!

So yeah, kind of disappointed.

Ruze789

Along the same vein...should I get SSZ or the SSZ bundle with all the DLC + Infinity?

I didn't want to decide between SSZ and SSI, so I just went with the bundle. Haven't touched DLC yet but I've played the intro levels for both games. It's been a longgg time since I've played ZOE so I can't really speak to similarity but it really does scratch that space combat itch I've got.

The soundtrack is decent, and I really wanted the artbook to see the Strike Suit designs. The artbook is short (39 pages) but is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom