• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Guys, Chivalry or CS:GO?

considering that:

1) I barely played CS, a few matches of CS:Source
2) I played Chivalry and someone said the skill ceiling is slow, seems that way but I also enjoy that witthout being very good I could kill quite fine. Matches are pure madness but it can be a bit boring since there dosn't seem to had much strategy (or people playing don't care about strategy).

The skill ceiling is actually very high in chivalry. I don't know what that person was talking about.

Pub matches in any game degenerate into idiotic zergs.

I have and nearly completed strike suit zero, is their any point of strike suit infinity? Looks like its just the same thing with the story mode ripped out and now its just about a score attack? If its just that no point even if its so cheap.

Fireblend

Banned
Can we curate a list of people who've gifted Bad Rats before and then have an option that auto blacklists them when doing a ModBot giveaway?

sheaaaa

I'm kind of disappointed in Valve that they list CS:GO as having partial controller support when clearly it doesn't work. Well, I suppose it is partial in the sense that you can do everything but move and aim with the controller.

And before anyone gives a smart ass M+KB IS BETTER statement, I know, believe me. But my 12 year-old nephew was over and he wanted to just play against bots on the TV - not PWN N00BS MLG STYLE LOL!!11!!ONE!@ELEVEN!!!

So yeah, kind of disappointed.

Not sure quite what you're saying here, but I've played CS:GO with a Xbox 360 controller and it works fine in-game.

Grief.exe

Meh it did okay on consoles, sold 800,000 between the Wii U PS3 and 360. Doubt the PC version made more then any of those considering they were sold at 60$

The PC doesn't have to split profits between retail chains, console manufactures, shipping, manufacturing, etc.

Valve takes a cut, and that's it.

If you look at the financial reports, you would be surprised how close to parity the profits actually are between consoles and PC.

Koeta

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C89129B47EE9A972

I posted this a few days ago and it either got lost in the flood or no one wanted it o.o posting again ~

Ghost23

Is there a chance Borderlands 2 will be a flash sale again? I missed my other opportunities and would love to play through the game and try the DnD inspired DLC.

maneil99

The PC doesn't have to split profits between retail chains, console manufactures, shipping, manufacturing, etc.

Valve takes a cut, and that's it.

If you look at the financial reports, you would be surprised how close to parity the profits actually are between consoles and PC.

70% of 7.50$ isn't much compared to whatever % they would get for 60$

Firebrand

How long does it usually take before items you put up for auction shows up in the list? Was trying to sell off some Sonic cards, but nobody can see them it seems.

Tesseract

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed in Valve that they list CS:GO as having partial controller support when clearly it doesn't work. Well, I suppose it is partial in the sense that you can do everything but move and aim with the controller.

And before anyone gives a smart ass M+KB IS BETTER statement, I know, believe me. But my 12 year-old nephew was over and he wanted to just play against bots on the TV - not PWN N00BS MLG STYLE LOL!!11!!ONE!@ELEVEN!!!

So yeah, kind of disappointed.

go to the forum, read the gamepad sticky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm drawing inspiration from your avatar so I'll go ahead and vote that way too. Would be great if EA draws inspiration from your avatar as well.

I like the way you think!

Sabotuer + Syndicate would be some fantastic additions to Steam. I bought DA:OU even though I have it on Origin to show my support.

I think I have all of EA's Steam games at this point, sans Dragon Age 2 and the original release of Crysis 2. I've helped as much as I can.

Martian

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-E768AF4791A732F3 - Taken by unpurposed

Good luck!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot now internally supports any thread on GAF but there are special instructions for pointing it to a non-Steam thread and if you're going to give away something that isn't a Steam key I need the format of the key to make sure it takes it. I'll be trying to solicit testers for the XBLA and iOS threads over the next week or so.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, got the Strike Suit Zero full pack at 85% off! I'm so glad I didn't pick it up before.

And I had 3 bucks on my Wallet due to selling all my trading cards (which I hadn't done earlier because they were worth less than 30 cents each, but in the end they all added up), so I only paid $3 for it. Saved $7, and it feels awesome!

Any impressions of Strike Suit Zero? From the screens, it looks a lot like Z.O.E.

I use a 360 controller with it so i will base it off of that. The game was very frustrating at first because the control layout is awful imo. So you have to change it but the menus are so confusing, i went with an ace combat control scheme. Everytime i play i have to reset the controls to make them inverted. I cant find out how to invert the right stick when your in the mech mode, so you can aim normally mean up is up not down like the flight controls are. Game would be so much more enjoyable if i can fix that right stick some how. Other than that its pretty cool i got it on GOG when it was 5 now on steam it goes for 3, i knew i should have waited. Soundtrack nothing special i keep hearing the same song over and over again.
Once the controls are fixed to be manageable its fun, getting their was annoying. Also the story is not very good.

Grief.exe

This argument is always so fallacious. Do you just assume all copies were sold at the $7.50 price point? No, that is ridiculous.

The sheer amount of copies sold at the lower prices makes up for the lack of overall revenue generated.

Brannon

Well I think I'm done buying games for now, because truly-

*strike suit zero activate*

-I can't think of any other games to purchase. I am finally satisf...

damn. Well that happened. Well at least I can say that my Steam is clean of bad rats. I'll take any victory over Steam I can get! Though I can still hope for a cheaper Resident Evil 6, but that'll never happen.

damn. Well that happened. Well at least I can say that my Steam is clean of bad rats. I'll take any victory over Steam I can get!

Don't say that! Don't make the same mistake that I did.

Grief.exe

ModBot now internally supports any thread on GAF but there are special instructions for pointing it to a non-Steam thread and if you're going to give away something that isn't a Steam key I need the format of the key to make sure it takes it. I'll be trying to solicit testers for the XBLA and iOS threads over the next week or so.

Don't taint modbot with consoles or smartphones.

Martian

damn. Well that happened. Well at least I can say that my Steam is clean of bad rats. I'll take any victory over Steam I can get!

Chugen, give this man his Bad Rats.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

XHlLVk5.gif

Very nice work Stump!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So what are the great games people are buying that were never a flash/daily?

I am eyeballing Ms Splosion Man. I loved Splosion Man so I think I will definitely get $5 worth of fun out of the sequel.

Good luck!

Wanted to say thanks and here's something for new people!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ghost Master- -- MB-9E420380A8B5751D - Taken by delirium

No Love

Banned

I don't think you quite understand: The game has long legs and sells a ton of copies everytime it goes on sale.

Hell, after talking about it to one of my close friends/coworker, he went and bought two copies for his son and himself on Steam for $15 each. Tons of my friends on Steam own it and are playing it right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game has sold 500k-1 million copies or more on PC.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm, debating on whether or not to get Sonic Racing Transformed... It seems like there isn't much left of an online community though.

It's pretty good. I've been playing it mostly single player (unlocking stuff on career mode, which I'm aware supports co-op). The local multiplayer is a blast as well, but it's still enjoyable solo IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom