• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Chivalry or CS:GO?

considering that:

1) I barely played CS, a few matches of CS:Source
2) I played Chivalry and someone said the skill ceiling is slow, seems that way but I also enjoy that witthout being very good I could kill quite fine. Matches are pure madness but it can be a bit boring since there dosn't seem to had much strategy (or people playing don't care about strategy).

Get Chivalry.

1FUgtHa.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Somebody please help me justify dropping 19.79 on an Alpha Build. I'd really love to support Introversion Software because they sound like a really great group of indie devs.. I just, I don't know about paying 20 bucks for an Alpha Build.

Prison Architect sell me on it GAF.

Divius

Played some Chivalry on the GAF server just now. Pretty fun, but quite laggy for me which kind of sucks in a game based on timing
and pressing C

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Phil Fish before:
“Fez is a console game, not a PC game,” he states, emphatically. “It’s made to be played with a controller, on a couch, on a Saturday morning. To me, that matters; that’s part of the medium.” I get so many comments shouting at me that I’m an idiot for not making a PC version. ‘You’d make so much more money! Can’t you see? Meatboy sold more on Steam!’ Good for them. But this matters more to me than sales or revenue. It’s a console game on a console. End of story.”

Phil Fish after:
BPJ5TKOCMAEUih5.jpg:large

Interesting, I always thought that Steam sales numbers couldn't be shown publicly or something.

Asked this earlier in the thread but got no response :( apologies for reposting:

The bots are competent, more competent than other games. What I mean is they go the right direction, attack in "human" manners (choosing a close enemy, etc.), but there's still a slight delay in their attacks.

What I mean is, in this game you "lead" attacks often. If you're running towards an enemy with a claymore, you start your swing before you're in range. The idea is to get in range as your swing animation is now coming back down. This shaves your attack time by 30-50%, and gives you the upper hand.

Bots don't do that. So be prepared to find yourself winning most 1 on 1 encounters. However, chivalry can turn into a crap storm very quickly (in a good way) and getting surrounded by bots is no different than surrounded by players: YOU GONNA DIE

Tak3n

Banned
Somebody please help me justify dropping 19.79 on an Alpha Build. I'd really love to support Introversion Software because they sound like a really great group of indie devs.. I just, I don't know about paying 20 bucks for an Alpha Build.

The fact that the Devs dont make sense means I would walk away...

Their justification for a high initial price was "we only want players who want to help us test"

and now it is in a daily!

So do they only want dedicated players or not?

Also I think they said the game will be cheaper at launch than at Alpha/Beta, so unless you can not wait I would keep your powder dry

Glad Strike Suit Zero went on sale again. Picked up the $6 bundle w/Infinity and some other stuff.

And I'll admit to paying the $7.49 for Star Trek yesterday. I'm sure that'll still turn out to be too expensive, but whatevs. Maybe I'll offset that by getting Civ V.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

They probably lower the price on release and have it at a currently high price to have only devoted fans in that dont bitch about bugs and issues.

Convinced?

Awesome game, but if you eye 5-6 other cheap Indies, I recommend waiting with PA

Brannon

Bots don't do that. So be prepared to find yourself winning most 1 on 1 encounters. However, chivalry can turn into a crap storm very quickly (in a good way) and getting surrounded by bots is no different than surrounded by players: YOU GONNA AGATHAAAAAAKLJOWIN... then DIE

It's the only way to die *scoff*

A little bummed. Been sitting on just a little left in my wallet and bit on fallout nv ultimate last night and now sonic transformed goes on sale.... Boo

yoshizzle

well atm, it's at least better than me..

The bots are competent, more competent than other games. What I mean is they go the right direction, attack in "human" manners (choosing a close enemy, etc.), but there's still a slight delay in their attacks.

What I mean is, in this game you "lead" attacks often. If you're running towards an enemy with a claymore, you start your swing before you're in range. The idea is to get in range as your swing animation is now coming back down. This shaves your attack time by 30-50%, and gives you the upper hand.

Bots don't do that. So be prepared to find yourself winning most 1 on 1 encounters. However, chivalry can turn into a crap storm very quickly (in a good way) and getting surrounded by bots is no different than surrounded by players: YOU GONNA DIE

Thanks for the responses :) May buy it later today, just hope my computer can handle it.

Ugh. £13.19 for Prison architect. Thats 3.19 to much im afraid :( A Shame as well, I was looking forward for this one. Oh well, theres always winter

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Had to add a few bucks to my wallet through paypal for Dark Souls yesterday, banned from selling cards until next Friday. Oh, and two days later I still haven't been able to get my password reset so I can't play anything on my desktop currently. Thanks Valve.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The fact that the Devs dont make sense means I would walk away...

Their justification for a high initial price was "we only want players who want to help us test"

and now it is in a daily!

So do they only want dedicated players or not?

Also I think they said the game will be cheaper at launch than at Alpha/Beta, so unless you can not wait I would keep your powder dry

They probably lower the price on release and have it at a currently high price to have only devoted fans in that dont bitch about bugs and issues.

Convinced?

Awesome game, but if you eye 5-6 other cheap Indies, I recommend waiting with PA

Thanks. It doesn't make sense for me to buy the Alpha then. I'd rather just wait and buy the game when it releases proper.

If there is another angle to this I'd love to hear the other side, GAF.

SHarris78

Just had a go on Euro Truck Simulator 2, obeying the laws of the road, signalling etc.

Got to my destination, stopped and indicated to turn into the depot.......a car which was about to drive past stopped and flashed its lights at me for me to drive in! Wasn't expecting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom