• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Phil chose to release that picture.

Indie devs will usually release some graphs or statistics on how games have sold.

For example, Dustforce

midweek-madness.png

http://hitboxteam.com/dustforce-sales-figures

Check out there next game while you are there. Randomly generated dungeon crawling, RPG, FPS, with a Wind Waker aesthetic.

spire-1.jpg

Wow, Spire looks like something I'm going to buy as soon as they start taking money. Randomly generated dungeon crawling + Quake III trick jumping. It's like they're making it directly for me.

I am looking for a game like civilization, but in fantasy settings, and for a good survival game, any good sales?

Also will the Dungeons and Dragons beat em up game be on sale?

Thanks!

Koroviev

I want to get all of my friends playing KSP, but then Chivalry is on sale and one of my friend's most played games are TF2, DOTA 2, and mostly other games with multiplayer. I'm thinking I should gift him Chivalry?

Edit: Also, if you happen to have extra KSP, let me know. I woke up a bit late and only thought to gift one copy of KSP this morning.

Grief.exe

Sorry if I missed it, but has Binary Domain gone lower than 50% its currently at? Thanks! :)

I don't think it has gone on sale on Steam.

Get games has it on sale right now, its Steamworks so will activate on Steam.

I think I have seen it for one dollar cheaper at one point, but not a bad price.

Wow, Spire looks like something I'm going to buy as soon as they start taking money. Randomly generated dungeon crawling + Quake III trick jumping. It's like they're making it directly for me.

Now that game looks bananas

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How broken is Prison Architect? I really want to play it but I don't want to buy a buggy ass game for $20

Its not really buggy anymore, but considering the other sale prices, its still a rather weird proposition price wise if you arent immediately sold on the game (especially with them probably lowering the price eventually on release when its feature complete and bug-free).

I'm torn on Trials Evolution. I'm not sure I want to spend $10 for a Uplay game. Such a shame because Trials 2 steamworks integration was awesome...

Prophane33

Nothing for me today, but Sword of the Stars: The Pit looks pretty nice. Prison Architect is interesting but not $20 for an unfinished game interesting.

Its not really buggy anymore, but considering the other sale prices, its still a rather weird proposition price wise if you arent immediately sold on the game.

If it's just not feature complete yet then I'm okay with it, I was just worried about the game just being broken, since it's alpha. It will probably be $5 or something next sale but I don't really care about that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If it's just not feature complete yet then I'm okay with it, I was just worried about the game just being broken, since it's alpha. It will probably be $5 or something next sale but I don't really care about that.

Yeah, then dont worry :) The game is definitely fun to play.
Too tired to write up more in depth impressions though, sorry.

Martian

Chivalry becomes a bit messy if your ping goes above 100. My C key still works regardless of ping, though, so it's alright.

Hahaha

I invented a new game mode and its working.
Its called the pacifist.
Basically you join a FFA game and run around screaming for help.
Just when you got a few people following you, you turn around.
Everytime they attack just block and scream for help. Dont attack, but keep moving your mouseleft and right so it looks like your saying no.
People get annoyed you dont attack and dont die either and they will often leave to attack another person.
The person with the lowest damage dealt wins the game

mrgone

I'm torn on Trials Evolution. I'm not sure I want to spend $10 for a Uplay game. Such a shame because Trials 2 steamworks integration was awesome...

I've heard that it's kind of a bad port, too - lots of folks are having some fairly game breaking performance issues. For me that's enough of an excuse to wait for a later sale :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Guys not a shop. He'll update when he has time :p

Because I honestly don't know: If he's not "a shop", where does he get his supply from? Or does he live in a country with ridiculously low pricing?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Because I honestly don't know: If he's not "a shop", where does he get his supply from? Or does he live in a country with ridiculously low pricing?

You can get most of the games from TF2Outpost for similar prices, you just need to buy the TF2 keys and do the trades yourself.

parasight

Well that's pretty shitty. Since I bought 2 $9.99 games, I'm at $19.98 spent which puts me 2 cents short of a card. Damn you Volvo!

I don't know how active he still is in the TF2 economy, but websites like tf2outpost are places where you could trade steam games for tf2 keys from other traders in the tf2 economy. I assume that is where most of his steam games are coming from. Most of the game you get there are below steam price value.

Mordeccai

Hahaha

I invented a new game mode and its working.
Its called the pacifist.
Basically you join a FFA game and run around screaming for help.
Just when you got a few people following you, you turn around.
Everytime they attack just block and scream for help. Dont attack, but keep moving your mouseleft and right so it looks like your saying no.
People get annoyed you dont attack and dont die either and they will often leave to attack another person.
The person with the lowest damage dealt wins the game

:lol I was spamming the "Help!" cry last night (Pushing z or x brings up a menu for different things to say) but just cutting people down with the zweilhander. Made the guy sound like a murderous lunatic. Chivalry is amazing.

Darknight

How do I level up in Steam? I need 15XP to level up but have no idea how. (I dont know how I gained XP to begin with) Achievements seems to not do shit. So do I only get points by playing games for hours to get card drops or some shit?

Eternia

Thanks!

The Fallen game looks interesting, but a bit too expensive for me.

I guess I will stick to civ 4 mods.
If you're willing to grab TF2 keys off the market for a trade, I still see someone trading them for 4 keys. That would cost around $8, give or take some cents since the market is being pretty volatile this afternoon.

Prophane33

How do I level up in Steam? I need 15XP to level up but have no idea how. (I dont know how I gained XP to begin with) Achievements seems to not do shit. So do I only get points by playing games for hours to get card drops or some shit?

Buying games or crafting badges

BorntoPlay

i know is not much.. but hey it's free...XD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-2066030E344B6B4E - Taken by Soi-Fong

Koroviev

Any interest in a Sonic Racing 4-Pack? I can host. Looking to keep two copies.

Edit: And that's why you check the thread first. Two guys on the last page, message me if you're still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom