• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
so since I havent gotten a response I assume its a nono on Strike Suit blabla? did anyone buy it with intentions to play it/has played it? I really have no idea what it is or if its good but almost everyone on my feed is buying it

Giantbomb people say it's not good - the QuickLook for it was quite sad.

But then again, Jeff wasn't trying at all. Sounds like a so-so shooter game.

Graphics are pretty though. Somebody on the thread said it was good, so I decided to jump into the complete pack.

so since I havent gotten a response I assume its a nono on Strike Suit blabla? did anyone buy it with intentions to play it/has played it? I really have no idea what it is or if its good but almost everyone on my feed is buying it

It reminds me of Omega Boost, I'll give it a try, just finished downloading.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, Dust is great. Already 7 hours into it (65% according to the game) and I can't put the controller down. Probably my favorite purchase from this sale.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
From what I can gather with the Strike Suit games the biggest complaint was around it being too hard. I believe they tweaked the difficulty and added an easy and hardcore difficulty level as well. It's been patched a few times and it's supposed to be much better than at launch anyway.

There's also Steamworks support too which is cool but I guess noone gives a shit, there's only a few mods and they are all by the developer.

Oh, you must've missed my post:

Despite the difficulty spikes (which I'm never a big fan of, I like baby modes but am too proud to use them), I loved my time with Strike Suit Zero. The whole mechanic of switching between flight and strike mode is really awesome, like little else I've seen in a space sim (though people have compared it to Zone of the Enders, which I haven't played yet).

tl;dr It's three bucks. Do you like space sims? BUY IT.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Noooo Bad Company didnt win :(

Is Just Cause 2 worth?

Just Cause 2 is worth everything. I've never played an open world game where it's more fun to aimlessly go around and destroy things. Well, not so much aimlessly because your primary goal of the game is to cause chaos. Mostly by explosions.

Not really. Spanish is similar enough to Portuguese that I bought some games on nuuvem without realizing everything was in Portuguese.

well i speak spanish and i still have to think a little to make an idea of what they say. also the "casual" portuguese they use in games is not the same from nuuvem.

ZenaxPure

So I guess we've seen most of the sales now, if not all of them? And... I guess they were the worst sales ever? Am I the only one in thinking this.

All the prices were better than the winter sale prices and most of what people wanted has appeared on the store, so, I don't really see how this sale was anything but good to be honest.

Just won in a fightclub event in Sleeping Dogs. The combat in that game is just amazing, I don't even need a gun.

Man you say that but I thought even the gunplay was good since it was focused around bullet time and extending the duration as much as you could with kills. A bit more repetitive than the melee stuff, but, you don't do it very often so the time I had with it I thought was fun. Then again I think pretty much everything about the game is awesome.

woa, I had to quit Rogue Legacy's demo, it's awesome!

sorry for repeating myself with this but, please, if any fellow brazilian gaffer could gift me Rogue Legacy, I would send the money by Paypal

Grief.exe

Noooo Bad Company didnt win :(

Is Just Cause 2 worth?

I played about 7 hours, I personally thought the missions/story were pretty monotonous.

The game looks good, the gameplay is pretty solid, and it is well optimized though. Tough to get through open-world games in a post-Sleeping Dogs world. Just makes them all subpar.

Salsa

Portuguese is similar to Spanish as long as it aint spoken. My sister lives in Brazil since she was 18 and every time she talks to her husband and im in the room I can't understand shit

still debating the Strike Suit Zero stuff, guess I have 15 minutes to make up my mind :p

Thinking of picking up one of the Thief games (also considering the bundle if that is more recommended) but which game out of the three does GAF recommend?

as a spaniard, and as far as I know, it's much easier for portuguese/brazilian people understand spanish than spanish speakers understanding portuguese

Just finished Dishonored. Clean Hands and 99% ghost (I would have had to replay half the game to get the achievement, but I was seen by one person in the entire game in the first real mission so I still consider it ghost).

2013's 2012 Game of the Year?

Indeed, I believe so.

What an incredible game!

Acccent

All the prices were better than the winter sale prices and most of what people wanted has appeared on the store, so, I don't really see how this sale was anything but good to be honest.

Yeah ok, it's just the first time I don't have to refrain from buying stuff. Nothing really caught my eye.

Crayons

Banned
well i speak spanish and i still have to think a little to make an idea of what they say. also the "casual" portuguese they use in games is not the same from nuuvem.

Oh, well with casual language I completely agree. Even if someone speaks the same language the local slang is ridiculous.

So any guesses on the new flash deals in ~10 minutes? The current set is kinda nice in terms of them not being repeats lol, but I kinda doubt we'll see fresh blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom