• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

FFVII Steam thread for more general information and modding

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613186

Buy Transformers Fall of Cybertron, it's awesome!

tumblr_m8ibt149et1rt6jibo1_400.gif

I want to try out those games...but that price.

original.jpg

jrcbandit

For FF7, you can just run FF7 converter and convert it to the non-2012 edition. Then it requires zero check in for eternity. Plus, it helps to convert it to that version if you want to install the Bootleg edition to revamp FF7 with better graphics and other nice touches like always run, save and load anywhere, hardcore mode, etc (all optional/selectable of course).

Salsa

Visuals are a little better, but the online play is somehow more worse off than the consoles. Really regret getting it, as I was hoping that aspect of the game was ironed out for this port.

I think it's about the same in my experience

wich, granted, is pretty damn bad

I honestly think the Story Mode is so good that the SP content (that mode + challenges, etc) is worth $20 alone. Some people have had decent experiences online with people from their own country.

Zeliard

No one has any opinion of the Thief games? I'll ask again I guess - but which of the three are considered the best? Thinking of picking one of them up while they are cheap.

Posted this about it earlier in the thread:

Thief 2 is the best Thief game
there will ever be
, but you should also play the first one. Dark Shadows is also probably worth playing for its great Cradle level, but overall there are some pretty major negative changes from the original games. Some of those changes are detailed here if you want to take a look.

Ultimately, if you decide to only get one Thief game, absolutely make it Thief 2.

botlite

I'd given up hope on seeing Transformers Fall of Cybertron but it has arrived! Then we are teased with the possibility of 80% off Recettear which will surely lose this vote.

Grief.exe

I couldn't find it in the FAQ anywhere, but how do you get a key from your steam inventory to give to modbot? I tried to do "Send gift...", but it won't give me the actual key to redeem it.

Send gift, then send to email, follow this guide from there

Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL@gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

I thought $20 was the regular price. Seems kinda expensive for the summer sale, like all Activision games.

I know, it's Activision, but this is the lowest price for this game, you can see it here:

http://steamsales.rhekua.com/search.php?term=transformers+fall+of+cybertron

I preordered it, and I don't regret anything, I love it!

FFVII Steam thread for more general information and modding

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613186

I want to try out those games...but that price.

original.jpg

Salsa

that Starforge banner is so fucking bad that I cant believe they're trying to get people interested in cliking on it

header.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fall of Cybertron is cheaper on Steam AU. The same is true of Deadpool. And TimeShift.

One of these days Kotick is going to find out and somebody is getting fired.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He exploits regional prices (In particular, CIS).

Not sure, last i checked FFVII was unable to be gifted from russia.

You'd think so, but no. I've bought a few games from him that have Eastern European-specific subs and they've all been ROW.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Huh... Freddy Krueger... with a gun?

Yep! PC version is great, I did a fatality swap so Freddy is doing Strikers fatality. Because I think the Freddy Krueger pulling out a gun and straight shooting a dude in the head is hilarious.

Also in the GIF are two texture mods I did, Black White Subzero and Classic Freddy Krueger, repping the classic green and red shirt instead of the default black and red.

Salsa

You'd think so, but no. I've bought a few games from him that have Eastern European-specific subs and they've all been ROW.

lots of games sold in CIS countries that are marked as ROW and are the same store id than US versions

but we've been through this dunderhole before

IF YOU JERKS DON'T VOTE FOR RECETTEAR I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO ANY OF YOU EVER AGAIN.

(though technically I've never spoken to any of you anyways because this is a forum, not Skype, so whatever, but vote for Recettear!)

(oh who am I kidding it's more expensive, lesser known AND it doesn't have cards, Recettear is fucked)

~Kinggi~

Banned
So today i was able to play Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider 1, and FF 7 on my highend PC and not have them crash, and used my 360 controller. All my nostalgia bunnies are being molested

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE 1 -- MB-D67041ADC413B321 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Yeah it's old, but the guy I sent this to like 4 years ago never claimed it. At least it's not malevolent rodents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom