• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
IF YOU JERKS DON'T VOTE FOR RECETTEAR I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO ANY OF YOU EVER AGAIN.

(though technically I've never spoken to any of you anyways because this is a forum, not Skype, so whatever, but vote for Recettear!)

(oh who am I kidding it's more expensive, lesser known AND it doesn't have cards, Recettear is fucked)

Its not like the current sale isnt good though. Its part of 12.49 3-pack with other games.

Nice, I'll play more of it tomorrow.

I was just starting to enjoy myself, but I got too frustrated and gave up. Hopefully, I can enjoy myself more using a controller.

you have to die a lot, almost as much times as Dark Souls, to unlock every armor, weapon, magic, skill, etc.. you will be unlocking many hilarious heirs, who can't see in 3D, who can only see in black and white, big, smalls, fats, thins, grandmas, grandpas, kids, fasters, slowers, flexible, etc..

this game has been a great surprise for me, one of my GOTYs besides Bioshock Infinite

Crayons

Banned
Recettear should have been a flash or daily, and it's never going to win against FTL/Hotline. This is Expeditions: Conquistador vote deal all over again. Steam is turning into facebook and it's horrible.

I agree. Recettear has pretty much no chance of winning, which is a damn shame considering how great of a game it is. It's one of the few games on Steam that I've played - and beat. Very charming.

As for Expeditions: Conquistador, if it isn't on a flash sale tomorrow I'm going to buy it anyway...just need to find a way to get $20 so I can buy a new Steam wallet card at Walgreens.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, if Revolution isn't seen as better than Armageddon I won't buy it. Though people should still get into the Natural Selection 2 4 pack...

The only Worms game that could be argued to be superior to Armageddon is 2... which I hope T17 re-releases via DD one day.

Yeah, I was actually looking forward to it going on sell as well.

Also, I voted for Recettear. I already have FTL & Hotline. Though, they're all good choices.

I have FTL and Hotline but voted for Hotline because I thought Recettear was the dumb motion controlled angry birds game with castles. I clicked on Hotline before noticing the error.

The only Worms game that could be argued to be superior to Armageddon is 2... which I hope T17 re-releases via DD one day.

Armageddon is my favourite still but the original had the best box art. Really wish the physics were up to snuff in revolution, a successful ninja rope attack was one of the sweetest things you could do in gaming.

Turfster

Finally finished the walking dead. Of course the 400 Days thing on impulse is over (and I'd probably have to have suckered a poor US person into buying it for me anyway), and the price on steam seems quite high. Ah well, I'll get it eventually, I guess...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Super House of Dead Ninjas is so much fun. And only $2.37 right now. I'm hooked
Absolutely agree, this is a really solid roguelike platformer.

shaowebb

Rearmed is still fantastic. If you're talking about 09... I er.. don't know. I got bored of single player pretty quickly.

Opening levels were plagued with bad things. You see the minefield swinging is the most challenging aspect of the game...its in the first levels. The pistol is crap and there is NO ammo for it most times during the levels you have the lowest health and the fewest combat abilities for hand to hand and some of the smallest maneuvering space. You dont get much warning before you end up in radiation fields and that gets old. You level up by completing achievements and you cannot back track to previous stages to go for levels later on which also makes the collectibles frustrating to go for even though they are so attractive...

but then the game gets past the opening levels and EXPLODES into a real God Damned marvel! The ability to kite and throw people, cars, and everything around you to setup attacks, the stages suddenly give you huge areas to swing and dodge through and your health is now just right to make it worthwhile and rewarding to face these challenges without ever making it easy. Fights are now huge in scale at times and you face incredible scenarios like helicopters firing upon you in the shell of a building that you have to mid air rocket launcher, trapped in a tunnel of cars with a rampaging robot, trapped in a museum as it FLOODS with troops, aerial enemies pursuing you over a pit as you race to swing away while shooting and dodging, gigantic worm enemy...its incredible. Once it turns on it STAYED ON. The opening levels and the papercuts though killed it. So close to being legendary.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!

Play till you exit the tunnel and face the two helicopters. This happens after the gauntlet of snipers. The game is incredible every moment from there.

Triz

I held out for a long time then I noticed deadpool was 26 bucks. Right after I had got home with a ps3 $50 copy. Steam wins again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Armageddon is my favourite still but the original had the best box art. Really wish the physics were up to snuff in revolution, a successful ninja rope attack was one of the sweetest things you could do in gaming.

The Worms Armageddon demo featured a ninja rope challenge level, where you swing around a level collecting crates to keep your countdown timer at bay. I wasted many a morning before school trying to improve my personal record.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I enjoyed the flash version. Are there any changes/additions?
Well, it's widescreen, it looks great on my TV with controller support...not sure how different it is from the first version though.

daevv

Any other cheap Just Cause like deals under $1 on the store right now? I have a few things in my cart and would add a few more if there were any.

Absolutely agree, this is a really solid roguelike platformer.

I love Rogue Legacy but I'd recommend it over it. Super House of Dead Ninjas doesn't need to rely of grinding to make your character stronger but instead solely relies on pattern/room recognition and twitch gameplay. HoDN is made for speed runs.

The Worms Armageddon demo featured a ninja rope challenge level, where you swing around a level collecting crates to keep your countdown timer at bay. I wasted many a morning before school trying to improve my personal record.

It was the shit. I just remember the first time I was playing multiplayer and a dude just started Ninja roping the shit out of everyone, it utterly blew my mind to the extent I had to practice until I was as good as them before I went online again. I can scarcely think of any games which provided so many skill based mechanics on top of what was essentially a strategy game. It really sucks that they've been unable to improve on the formula.

i want to buy just cause 2 but i have windows 8 pro and i am afraid that it might not work correctly due to reports of the game crashing on win 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom