• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Should I get JC2 for the multiplayer mod? Only hesitating because of it's age and GFWL.

Doesn't have GFWL

that Starforge banner is so fucking bad that I cant believe they're trying to get people interested in cliking on it

header.jpg

Which is worse?

header_292x136.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/app/227680/discussions/0/864973980790050692/

I told them this. Dev said he doesnt want more one click sales wtf

Probably not the Dev, I don't know too much about the game though.

Usually developers have a greenish name on the forums for their games and have a Steamworks Developer badge on their profile.

That person has neither.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hotline Miami vs FTL vs

RECCETEAR??

Shit, I wonder which one isn't gonna win. Their grouping is really bizzare with these votes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So today i was able to play Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider 1, and FF 7 on my highend PC and not have them crash, and used my 360 controller. All my nostalgia bunnies are being molested

This is why I am loving all of these modern re-releases.

maneil99

Why does everyone compare the swapper to prometheus. Are their aliens in it? Is it scary. Do you agree with that comparision

Oooo I won!.

I've never played a Half-Life game. :O

Thanks ratcliffja.

Well it's probably the weakest entry in the series, but hopefully it grabs you enough to at least play HL2. Just don't play Episode 2 unless you want to have your heart broken for years like the rest of us.

After looking at FF7 PC mods for a while, I'm probably going to end up buying it and not playing it so I can get pissed about it being cheaper in the future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lots of games sold in CIS countries that are marked as ROW and are the same store id than US versions

but we've been through this dunderhole before

Yeah, I realise that. But for example, I pre-ordered BioInf through him and it was the ROW sub, which isn't available in a wide variety of Eastern European countries, including the Ukraine (which typically eludes the RU/CIS classification):

Bioshock Infinite Pre-Order WW Gift/Guest Pass
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA BU CN CU IR KP SD DY VE

I'm sure he's sourcing his games from somewhere, of course, but wherever it is, it's considered rest-of-world.

Deitus

Only chance Recettear gets at a big sale and it's in a community choice deal that it has no hope of winning. Sad.

Sad indeed. Luckily, it has been featured in sales multiple times in past years, so it's not like it's completely gotten the shaft. Still, there was plenty of room to fit it into this sale as well if Valve so chose.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So how's Worms Revolution?

I really, really love it.

Me and my friends have put over 20 hours into it playing competitively local.

It's a blast and the newly introduced water physics are super fun and dynamic.

Nothing funnier than seeing your friend with 5 health left, then filling the hole he's in with water and laughing as he feebly drowns away.

Or when they're on an edge and you use the water physics to knock them off a ledge to their death, sooo good.

I love the game, definitely recommend it.

I'd get Worms Revolution because the water stuff looks great but that Vita version is coming out soon and Worms is the best on a good handheld.

Momentary

Banned
I really want to jump on the Transformer games; although, at that price, I would rather wait for the winter sale and hope for a bigger price drop.

Are these games worth for single player alone? That's all I want from them.

yami4ct

Sad indeed. Luckily, it has been featured in sales multiple times in past years, so it's not like it's completely gotten the shaft. Still, there was plenty of room to fit it into this sale as well if Valve so chose.

I know it's been on sale a lot. I've just happened to miss/ignore it every time. Haha. Really, it's my fault. Hopefully valve will fit in as a flash sale during the recap. Who knows? Maybe by only the fact that the others have been on sale already this time Recettear will make it in.

shaowebb

IF YOU JERKS DON'T VOTE FOR RECETTEAR I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO ANY OF YOU EVER AGAIN.

(though technically I've never spoken to any of you anyways because this is a forum, not Skype, so whatever, but vote for Recettear!)

(oh who am I kidding it's more expensive, lesser known AND it doesn't have cards, Recettear is fucked)

Capitalism ho!
Wqkdu5n.jpg

tuseday

Neo Member
Recettear should have been a flash or daily, and it's never going to win against FTL/Hotline. This is Expeditions: Conquistador vote deal all over again. Steam is turning into facebook and it's horrible.

This whole sale is reinforcing that bad games sell. Skyrim with the shallowness of what is a RPG. Tomb Raider that is a QET that hardly has tombs/puzzles. Farcry another
unmeaningful world with bland RPG elements, bad AI, and poor writing.

With League of Legends being added to olympics, I feel that people are going to see the money in video games we are going to have another 1983.

Sorry for the rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom