• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Noooo, everyone vote FTL again so that I can buy it for several family members now.

Official GAF policy is to vote for Recettear right now.

FTL has been on sale greater than 5 times this sale, give Recettear some time in the sun.

What are the chances of Hotline Miami winning the vote for the discount in four hours? I'm assuming I have a good chance at finally picking it up.

Your chances are decent, but Hotline Miami has also been on sale about 5 times.

Noooo, everyone vote FTL again so that I can buy it for several family members now.

It's been on sale so many times. In the last month alone I must have seen it on sale on at least 4 different occasions.

I wouldn't sweat it though, it'll probably win the vote anyways.

DukeBobby

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations worth $4,99 each?

Brotherhood is my favourite Assassin's Creed game (which isn't saying much}, so I'd say it's worth the money.

I have yet to play Revelations, but it is considered to be the weakest of the Ezio trilogy.

Grief.exe

Wasn't that $10 or even $5 and part of a 5 game pack 3 years ago?

part of a 5 game pack 3 years ago
5 game pack 3 years ago
pack 3 years ago
3 years ago
years
ago

tumblr_mngx21FyhC1qa8jwfo1_500.gif

So no 4-pack for Sonic, then? Am sad panda. :(

Also, finally crafted my Summer 2013 Badge. I think I can say I'm pretty much done with the sale. I'll just get The Last Remnant on the last day and I'm good to go, at least until Winter Sale.

Unless they put The Amazing Spider-Man on 75% in which case, dammit.

I purchased War for Cybertron (I had a blast with it on the 360, and I will wait for Fall of Cybertron to come down more since I already own that for the 360 too) because I figured it will not get much cheaper than that.

Trying to buy stuff that is PC specific otherwise, so today I went for Jamestown with the DLC and Hard Reset after getting System Shock 2 and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing earlier this week. I also picked up Psychonauts so I can keep my retail PC copy packed away.

I am only missing the Tomb Raider card now from the base set, after hitting a streak of nothing but Reus and Chivalry cards - but since I did not have Steam Guard turned on, I have to wait until August 3rd to do anything with the market. Stupid thing I know but I had no idea that would be an issue else I would have bought the Tomb Raider card from there already. Maybe someone on here will take pity on a poor sap like me.

Total amount spent so far - $47.08. My limit was set at $60 (the price of a new console title) for this sale, so I still have a little left over for anything else that catches my eye. There are a few titles between the $2-4 range that might get some love from me, especially if Recettear wins (and I voted for it too). Retro/Grade is $2.50, so I will keep it in mind after reading the comments prior.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh.

Sorry Crayons, I'm sure he's a great person.

Haha, don't beat yourself up. I was half trying to put things in perspective and half ripping on you.

I actually find your giveaways and the ensuing anger from some of GAF very amusing.

Has anyone played The Next Big Thing? It looks like a hilarious horrorish PnC adventure game. See it for $10.99 and wondering if I should pick it up. I haven't played an adventure game in a while.

I'm actually wondering the same thing, but I think it has been offered for less in a previous bundle.

Brotherhood is my favourite Assassin's Creed game (which isn't saying much}, so I'd say it's worth the money.

I have yet to play Revelations, but it is considered to be the weakest of the Ezio trilogy.

Revelations isn't bad, it just doesn't do enough that is different. It seems like it could have been an Expansion. What's new in it just isn't very enticing. It's better than III though.

not at that price

Pendulo games are good, but tend to get featured in sales as well, for cheaper than those prices

Hmmm. I know it was on sale for $7.50 at one point. Don't know if was during this sale or not though. That's why I was wondering if I should just pick it up at the 50% off it is now. I don't even know if there is enough interest in it by the powers that be to put it on a 75% off at any point.

Koroviev

So no 4-pack for Sonic, then? Am sad panda. :(

Also, finally crafted my Summer 2013 Badge. I think I can say I'm pretty much done with the sale. I'll just get The Last Remnant on the last day and I'm good to go, at least until Winter Sale.

Unless they put The Amazing Spider-Man on 75% in which case, dammit.

There were several earlier, but if you can host, then you might be able to attract a few more people who are on the fence. I hosted two with the help of my sister, so I'm out for this one :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A light sale for me this year......

Just Cause
Natural Selection II
Gunpoint - Gifted to me by a good friend
Monaco - Bought and gifted one copy out plus sold another friend on it
McPixel
Scribblenauts Unlimited

All that was around 20.25~ in damages. Only a few more games would entice me but I'm not holding my breath. Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2/OTR, and maybe a good F1 sale for 2012 (I'm talking 5 dollars).

MechaX

FF7, even on sale a little bit?

*Grumble grumble takemymoneygabe grumble*

Okay, seriously, no more Steam. I spent about $50 and even that was more than I was expecting.

Cth

Ok, thinking of picking up the following games tomorrow.. any strong opinions on 'em, or any similar recommendations?

DEFINITES
-----------------
Basement Collection
B.U.T.T.O.N.
Rock of Ages
Under the Ocean
Runespell Overture
Kairo
Pid
To The Moon
Windosill
The Bridge
Gunpoint
123 Kick It Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby
Shadowrun Returns
Kentucky Route Zero
Don't Starve

MAYBES
-----------------
Deadlight
Triple Town
Terraria

A light sale for me this year......

Just Cause
Natural Selection II
Gunpoint - Gifted to me by a good friend
Monaco - Bought and gifted one copy out plus sold another friend on it
McPixel
Scribblenauts Unlimited

All that was around 20.25~ in damages. Only a few more games would entice me but I'm not holding my breath. Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2/OTR, and maybe a good F1 sale for 2012 (I'm talking 5 dollars).

Yeah for me right now it's

Just Cause
System Shock 2
XCom Slingshot DLC

I'll probably get the KOTORs, Fallout Collection, Bionic Commando, Dark Void down the road though.

Koroviev

Ok, thinking of picking up the following games tomorrow.. any strong opinions on 'em, or any similar recommendations?

DEFINITES
-----------------
Basement Collection
B.U.T.T.O.N.
Rock of Ages
Under the Ocean
Runespell Overture
Kairo
Pid
To The Moon
Windosill
The Bridge
Gunpoint
123 Kick It Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby
Shadowrun Returns
Kentucky Route Zero
Don't Starve

MAYBES
-----------------
Deadlight
Triple Town
Terraria

I don't see Kerbal Space Program, so that means you already have it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom