• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Steam Summer Sale 2013 is nearly over and I can confidently say that Euro Truck Simulator 2 is my best game of the sale.

FG19Dqt.jpg
4LvAAMk.jpg
y8sMXFF.jpg

This game has seriously surprised me. It's so strangely addictive trying to start up your own trucking company from the ground up and travelling vast distances over all of europe, listening to BBC radio. Don't need a wheel yet, the 360 controller works fine.

Take a gander at Mengy's OT, laugh at the GiantBomb Quick Look and if you do choose to purchase it, go over to DunderHassan. He's selling it for $4 only.

Anyone wanna trade Sonic Racing Transformed for Monaco? Just noticed that I have plenty of stealth games on my plate that I haven't even finished.

Chrysalis

So those stupid cards actually got me to PLAY some of my games. Just finished Bastion. Why didn't anybody tell me it was amazing?! Oh, you did? Oops. Soundtrack purchased.

wilflare

I need to stop my card addiction :/
lol darn Valve game me an Awesomenauts Booster AFTER I crafted Lv5.

and I went to UNPACK it.. sigh. no foils.

jokkir

How's the PC version of FFVII? I've never played it before and seeing how it's one of the most liked Final Fantasy's I'm thinking I should >__>

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of racing games, any thoughts on Shift 2? I'm also looking for a few racing games; spent an absurd amount of time with Forza 1 on the Xbox, and Forza 2, 3 and 4 on the 360 as well as Dirt 2 and F1 2010. Everyone tells me F1 2012 sucks and I can't see that changing with 2013, been told the same of Dirt 3 and I hated the brofest vibe in Dirt 2, can't really get into Grid because of the lighting and visuals, and Project Cars isn't available currently so I have no idea what I should buy.

They got rid of the Bro fest in Dirt 3. But they also got rid of tracks and vehicles.

How's the PC version of FFVII? I've never played it before and seeing how it's one of the most liked Final Fantasy's I'm thinking I should >__>

It's hardly the best FF.

DarkFlow

Banned
Steam Summer Sale 2013 is nearly over and I can confidently say that Euro Truck Simulator 2 is my best game of the sale.

This game has seriously surprised me. It's so strangely addictive trying to start up your own trucking company from the ground up and travelling vast distances over all of europe, listening to BBC radio. Don't need a wheel yet, the 360 controller works fine.

Take a gander at Mengy's OT, laugh at the GiantBomb Quick Look and if you do choose to purchase it, go over to DunderHassan. He's selling it for $4 only.

Hell yeah, that game is fun as shit. Add BBC Radio channels for added realism. I jam out to Radio 1 while I play.

Carm

Apologies if I missed it, Fly'N is $2.49 on Amazon right now, Steam code. Nevermind, I see its 2.49 on steam too lol

Salsa

posting this here even tho is super off-topic cause it's getting more traffic than the PC thread and I need a fast response

been twice now in the last hour where after some time of using my PC, it randomly spikes to 99% GPU usage, starts whining like crazy and just stays like that, frying itself. Killed every process and still continued. It's not the dreaded iehighutil.exe, at least as far as I know, since I dont have a C:/temporary folder or anything.

ive reinstalled every cable in the card, ran CCleaner and cleaned everything, security essentials scan, re-installed drivers, and rebooted. Any other ideas?

jyoung188

Yes, biggest surprise of the sale for me so far. I just played it for a couple hours straight and I have to peel myself away from the PC to go to bed. There's something strangely satisfying about this game, and the Euro internet radio stations kick ass.

posting this here even tho is super off-topic cause it's getting more traffic than the PC thread and I need a fast response

been twice now in the last hour where after some time of using my PC, it randomly spikes to 99% GPU usage, starts whining like crazy and just stays like that, frying itself. Killed every process and still continued. It's not the dreaded iehighutil.exe, at least as far as I know, since I dont have a C:/temporary folder or anything.

ive reinstalled every cable in the card, ran CCleaner and cleaned everything, security essentials scan, re-installed drivers, and rebooted. Any other ideas?

Do you have any idea what the heat is like? I ran into an issue where my liquid heatsink leaked out into my case and the thing kept over heating.

Card Boy

Banned

Needs to be quoted more.

Salsa

Do you have any idea what the heat is like? I ran into an issue where my liquid heatsink leaked out into my case and the thing kept over heating.

I have an EVGA 680 with no extra cooling of any sort. The heat does go up when this happens but that's cause its stressing and not the other way around, I believe. Otherwise regular 30-37 idle temps. It's a bit OCed (but has been for a year with no issues)

been 20 minutes since boot now and no issues, although I really dont feel like I did anything that could have taken care of the issue, whatever it is

knock on wood, just scared to leave the PC on while I sleep now :/

Did you leave your wallet near your pc? might be your wallet heat that's overheating the pc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_U62D2aivw&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Milamber

I have an EVGA 680 with no extra cooling of any sort. The heat does go up when this happens but that's cause its stressing and not the other way around, I believe. Otherwise regular 30-37 idle temps. It's a bit OCed (but has been for a year with no issues)

Oh man, I remember this from somewhere. Something about a recent windows "kb" update that screws with your card. Uninstalling the update fixes it. Can't for the life of me remember where i saw that. Sorry.

Salsa

Oh man, I remember this from somewhere. Something about a recent windows "kb" update that screws with your card. Uninstalling the update fixes it. Can't for the life of me remember where i saw that. Sorry.

havent updated win7 at all. Have had automatic updates disabled for like a year now

Khronico

After I purchased a Monaco 4pack with some folks from GAF, I had this strange moment where my Paypal was at $18 and thought, 'Man. Instead of putting the rest back in my bank account I could get some games with that.' I sat there for about ten minutes. Gladly, my willpower won over my buying urges.

TLDR: Steam sales is scary and please be careful with your money.

rockx4

After I purchased a Monaco 4pack with some folks from GAF, I had this strange moment where my Paypal was at $18 and thought, 'Man. Instead of putting the rest back in my bank account I could get some games with that.' I sat there for about ten minutes. Gladly, my willpower won over my buying urges.

TLDR: Steam sales is scary and please be careful with your money.

Yep, my first year of steam sale was fucken scary, it was really easy to click and buy shit. I was buying a lot of those publisher packs lol.

Stimpack

random question - should I upgrade to Windows 8?

Had no problems. I run new and old games alike. Of course I also have fun fiddling with my system, so. Usually I find that the people who scream the loudest are people who want everything to work flawlessly without any knowledge or effort on their part whatsoever. I'm of the mentality that if you don't want to learn how to use a computer, then you probably shouldn't be using one, and you most definitely shouldn't complain.

Not talking about you or anyone specific, just saying that seems to be the case with a lot of complaints from what I've seen.

Koroviev

Had no problems. I run new and old games alike. Of course I also have fun fiddling with my system, so. Usually I find that the people who scream the loudest are people who want everything to work flawlessly without any knowledge or effort on their part whatsoever. I'm of the mentality that if you don't want to learn how to use a computer, then you probably shouldn't be using one, and you most definitely shouldn't complain.

Not talking about you or anyone specific, just saying that seems to be the case with a lot of complaints from what I've seen.

That was my impression initially, but some people did bring up that running on Windows 8 vs 7 caused notably more frame latency. No idea if that is still the case. Regardless, I prefer Windows 8 and have been able to run most games without issue, Bioshock (missing audio) and Hotline Miami (random crashing) notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom