• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romir

How is the Beyond Good and Evil port for PC? I played it on the GCN years ago but never finished it.

It only plays in 4:3 resolutions with black bars on the top and bottom to make a 16:9 image. So on a widescreen monitor you get black bars on all four sides unless you stretch the image sideways.

Other than that I had no issues with it years ago.

jediyoshi

Think I'll just be waiting for runner2 or sanctum 2 to get back into a deeper sale. Otherwise I've just about had my fill of little indie novelty games at the moment

Salsa

uh..

did steam get rid of the "add exact amount of funds to buy this item" option from the market? :/

I dont have enough on the wallet and it'll only let me add from $5 upwards. I can guarantee there was an option there before.

Koroviev

I think I tried a demo on Xbox Live.. I figure it's something my daughter and I can play together.

Nope. It's on the wishlist, but I probably will wait for the Fall/Winter sale to get it on the cheap.

But why wait when you can devastate families now?

KarmaCow

uh..

did steam get rid of the "add exact amount of funds to buy this item" option from the market? :/

I dont have enough on the wallet and it'll only let me add from $5 upwards. I can guarantee there was an option there before.

Pretty sure it was never there for <$5 purchases. Whenever I bought TF2 keys I needed to put $5 each time. It's the reason I have 2 cents on my idle account.

KarmaCow

Someone added 1 rub to my account, why?

The bad news is that they might be trying to grief you. There is an exploit where someone can add money to an account if they know the account name (they don't need the password) through some Russian paypal equivalent. I think what they do is add some cash, do a charge back and Valve auto-locks the account for review because of the charge back.

Koroviev

You're not helping :D

Depends on the returning sales..

"Well, the mission is failure, but at least we can bring Jebediah home. Right, just need to deploy the para--....wait, where is the parachute? You forgot to install the parachute!? We can't let them know about this neglience...no. Bring me a pen and paper. I'm going to draft a letter to his wife. I'm going to fix this...."

Card Boy

Banned
Worms Armageddon supports full 1920x1080 widescreen and lots of people still play online! Holy crap!

Now we just need Worms World Party.

zychi

Banned
If you haven't bought AC3 yet, I have a code that I received with a new video card. Already played it on xbox so IM if you're interested. I should say that it isn't a Steam code though. Unfortunately its Uplay.

Yeah, I appreciate it, but I've been offered this a few times, and want it strictly in Steam.

/steamworldproblems

Rflagg

33% off on final fantasy 7, I will wait for winter not biting unless it is at least 50% off.

I have decided to get Euro truck 2 or Kerbal if they have another repeat, I think almost done with my main play through of Sleeping Dogs and seems like Alan wake is pretty short even with American nightmare.
both have repeats and my backlog will last until next sale

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
33% off on final fantasy 7, I will wait for winter not biting unless it is at least 50% off.

I have decided to get Euro truck 2 or Kerbal if they have another repeat, I think almost done with my main play through of Sleeping Dogs and seems like Alan wake is pretty short even with American nightmare.
both have repeats and my backlog will last until next sale

Hit up Dunder. Has both of them for $4(euro) and $10(kerbal).

Grid..yay or nay?

I say yay because I think it has a better car selection than Grid 2.

<3 the Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC
TygGqLU.jpg

Yes.

The models of the licensed cars are a bit old due to the age of the game, but the visuals, overall presentation, and gameplay still hold up well to this day.

You think so? I was playing it for a bit earlier and the low poly count models, aliasing, weird IQ (game running at 1080p looks like 720p, super fuzzy) and yellow lighting really turned me off.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, are the circuits varied?

There are multiple tracks, with different aesthetics, and each track has different configurations.

You think so? I was playing it for a bit earlier and the low poly count models, aliasing, weird IQ (game running at 1080p looks like 720p, super fuzzy) and yellow lighting really turned me off.

Looked great for a five year old game designed for consoles. I know it must just destroy any modicum of enjoyment you have that it doesn't look exactly like Project C.A.R.S.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause -- MB-F50B298FE41C2D92 - Taken by JDHarbs
huehuehue

Speaking of racing games, any thoughts on Shift 2? I'm also looking for a few racing games; spent an absurd amount of time with Forza 1 on the Xbox, and Forza 2, 3 and 4 on the 360 as well as Dirt 2 and F1 2010. Everyone tells me F1 2012 sucks and I can't see that changing with 2013, been told the same of Dirt 3 and I hated the brofest vibe in Dirt 2, can't really get into Grid because of the lighting and visuals, and Project Cars isn't available currently so I have no idea what I should buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom