• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I am having a really stupid problem with Steam right now. I just want to buy the remaining 7 cards I need to complete the Steam Summer Sale 2013 badge from the Community Market, for like 15 cents each. The problem is I put some money in my Steam Wallet and now it's locked me out and it says because I used a new funding method I can't buy anything from the Community Market until 7/27. This is bullshit, the sale ends in 2 days!

I guess I should contact Steam Support or something. This is fucking stupid, I'm trying to give Gaben my money and he's like LOL NO ;_;

Danj

posting this here even tho is super off-topic cause it's getting more traffic than the PC thread and I need a fast response

been twice now in the last hour where after some time of using my PC, it randomly spikes to 99% GPU usage, starts whining like crazy and just stays like that, frying itself. Killed every process and still continued. It's not the dreaded iehighutil.exe, at least as far as I know, since I dont have a C:/temporary folder or anything.

ive reinstalled every cable in the card, ran CCleaner and cleaned everything, security essentials scan, re-installed drivers, and rebooted. Any other ideas?

Have you scanned for viruses/spyware? This sounds like it could be a rogue bitcoin miner, someone else in another thread had one recently.

OK, I am having a really stupid problem with Steam right now. I just want to buy the remaining 7 cards I need to complete the Steam Summer Sale 2013 badge from the Community Market, for like 15 cents each. The problem is I put some money in my Steam Wallet and now it's locked me out and it says because I used a new funding method I can't buy anything from the Community Market until 7/27. This is bullshit, the sale ends in 2 days!

I guess I should contact Steam Support or something. This is fucking stupid, I'm trying to give Gaben my money and he's like LOL NO ;_;
What cards you need? I can give you a Kerbal and Skyrim card tomorrow.

They do have a Steam version on Amazon. Amazon had it for $13 earlier in the month, so I'd suggest waiting on a better deal if you can help it.

WOW I would definitely grab it for that price. Does anyone know if Tony is able to be contacted about Amazon pricing? It was so much easier when he wasn't banned :(

posting this here even tho is super off-topic cause it's getting more traffic than the PC thread and I need a fast response

been twice now in the last hour where after some time of using my PC, it randomly spikes to 99% GPU usage, starts whining like crazy and just stays like that, frying itself. Killed every process and still continued. It's not the dreaded iehighutil.exe, at least as far as I know, since I dont have a C:/temporary folder or anything.

ive reinstalled every cable in the card, ran CCleaner and cleaned everything, security essentials scan, re-installed drivers, and rebooted. Any other ideas?

I'm pretty sure it's the automatically scheduled Windows System Assessment Tool, which calculates the useless performance score. You can disable that like this.

Grief.exe

That happens to protect people from fraudulent charges.

If you add funds to the wallet from a new source, then Valve takes two weeks to verify that source and locks your account in the meantime.

Otherwise, you get people buying $100 DOTA 2 items, then doing a charge back. Various other ways to defraud Valve this way as well.

maneil99

I tried that. They say its their policy and they cannot bypass it

Deques

More free games for ya, I don't remember which of the Home is redeemed, I think both are unredeemed

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Home #1 -- MB-AD0F251EFAE0F380 - Taken by KYGB
Section 8 -- MB-E36D24A386696E60 - Taken by monsterfracas
Home #2 -- MB-97586797D222A235 - Taken by DarkFlow

DON'T BUY IT

it's a shitty Xbox 1 port with hardly any PC setting. I'm talking no Mouse Sensitivity, Windowed Mode, Aspect Ratio options.

Just cause and Beyond good and evil commentaries makes me remember how shitty the ports from console to pc used to be in the ps2/cube/xbox era

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Transformers is a decent enough 3rd person shooter. Its crazy that it was still 60 bucks regular price, though. it should be like 30, and on sale for 10 or 15, max.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Giveaway #10: 10 fingers, 10 toes, 10 posters, that don't yet know...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E8DAB512F6EDDBDE - Taken by monsterfracas

maneil99

Weird request but if there is anything good on the flash sale in an hour and a half could someone pick it up for me. Ill pay you back in steam wallet. Im not going to be home and i used up my paypal. Transfering funds but it takes a few days. I have good rep. Over 75+ steam trades

Mindwipe

Activision

2297330-54867_bobby_kotick_chief_executive_officer_of_activision.jpg

Yup.

It was the same with WFC - I was looking for a copy for ages and it had long since departed retail, but stubbornly stuck at a ludicrous price - more than I'd have paid to buy it day 1 - at all stores.

I eventually bought it pre-owned.

I just picked up FFVII and SR3. Couldn't really say no at those prices.

maneil99

Know I'm way late to this party, but yes. Boot times are absurdly fast (as everyone else has said), it's slightly snappier in general, faster to navigate, and generally better than Windows 7 if you can get past the start button issue. Oh, and you can make it look really cool:
How do you do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom