• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
So I have 3-4 Summer cards left in my inventory now. Don't want to upgrade the badge. So what should I do with them? sell it now or wait for the price to go up ( probably after summer sale?) What are you guys going to do with these cards?

Caerith

So I have 3-4 Summer cards left in my inventory now. Don't want to upgrade the badge. So what should I do with them? sell it now or wait for the price to go up ( probably after summer sale?) What are you guys going to do with these cards?
I'm gonna wait for them to turn into -25% Magicka coupons.

hitmon

Highly recommend Sleeping Dogs if you don't have it yet. Atmosphere is well executed and gameplay is fun. I actually like it better than GTA IV and Saints Row 3. Plus it has cards for those who care about that stuff.

So how does that Dark Souls direct multiplayer thing work, guys? Does it work well?

It is really bad, sometimes you can get instant summons, and sometimes you get summoning/invasion failed for 10+ minutes. I hate GFWL.

There is however a fix for instant summon with other people who also have the fix (DSCFix)

Its worth it alone for the 1080p 60 fps and mods though imo.

Caerith

Highly recommend Sleeping Dogs if you don't have it yet. Atmosphere is well executed and gameplay is fun. I actually like it better than GTA IV and Saints Row 3. Plus it has cards for those who care about that stuff.
I'm curious. Of everyone who praises the atmosphere of Sleeping Dogs, how many have actually been to Hong Kong?

Koroviev

It is really bad, sometimes you can get instant summons, and sometimes you get summoning/invasion failed for 10+ minutes. I hate GFWL.

There is however a fix for instant summon with other people who also have the fix (DSCFix)

Its worth it alone for the 1080p 60 fps and mods though imo.

My PC can run the game at 60 fps with 1080p, but the screen tearing is unbearable. A massive wave cuts across the screen every time there is quick movement :\

Gah, I really wanted Recetaar to win >:|

Voted Evoland, since I need to pick something else in order to get another card, and I'm not buying Kentucky Route Zero until all chapters are released.

Anyone know how to fix this in Dishonored?

9TN5Q3R.jpg

The black bars end just beneath the top/bottom of the screen and I can clearly see they were slapped on. It's annoying as heck. Not sure if its visible in that screen tbh

oipic

Guys, just before I fill the Max Payne 1 sized hole in my collection (I have the sequel already), does the original still hold up reasonably well, and run okay on Win7 PCs etc?

More importantly, I guess, are both MP 1 and 2 worth playing through now for someone who has somehow inexplicably never played them? I intend to pick up MP3 sometime in the future (winter sale?). Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KR0 for president! Here's my recommendation:

Combining traditional point-and-click gameplay with interstitial text-based sequences not unlike adventure games of old, Kentucky Route Zero is as surreal as it is enigmatic, approaching a tonal spectrum that is almost Lynchian. The game's superbly concise writing, rudimentary but muted visual style and sporadic though no less deliberate use of audio coalesce to create a palpable atmosphere of isolation and uncertainty, punctuated by player choices that feel less preordained by the almost imperceivable current of the underlying narrative and more organically introspective -- every soul you meet has the aura of a troubled past, and if you play your cards right you may find yourself privy to a story or two.

Despite the game's strong first showing, it's hard to recommend at $25 considering it's still several months away from being a complete package, so those of you on the fence may wish to wait for the Summer Sale before tuning in.
----------
Does anyone actually buy the prima guides? like fuck lol

tumblr_inline_mkwq4qs1jle1.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, just before I fill the Max Payne 1 sized hole in my collection (I have the sequel already), does the original still hold up reasonably well, and run okay on Win7 PCs etc?

More importantly, I guess, are both MP 1 and 2 worth playing through now for someone who has somehow inexplicably never played them? I intend to pick up MP3 sometime in the future (winter sale?). Thanks!

The answer to all your questions is "Yes. Oh god, yes." You need to "hack in" widescreen support, though: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/max-payne and http://www.wsgf.org/dr/max-payne-2

elfinke

Recettear was the first and only community vote item I wanted to win this sale. What a bummer.

What's the track record this sale been like so far with community vote items coming into flash/daily's?

Zeknurn

Excellent news that FTL won. I already own it but it was by far the only worthwhile option out of the three.

Voted for Kentucky Route Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom