• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ßthePenguin;71909991 said:
What's Sleeping Dogs offering that I didn't already play in the genre? I don't want just more of the same.

PS: voted Kentucky :p
Give the demo a try! Cinematic for an open world game and a unique setting. It's very solid from what I've played. If I didn't have it on the PS3 it would have been an insta-buy.

I'll add to this that the combat is fantastic and that it looks absolutely stunning on high settings.

Spierek

Voted for Kentucky, grabbing at 9 EUR.

Also, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Sonic & All-Stars Transformed on PC (60FPS, extra characters, etc.), but is it worth it when I'm only going to play locally with one other person? (2p instead of 4p)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No way KR0 wins this lol. The logo doesn't even display the name of the game. 80% of Steam users will just go "Dragons Lair o I know that name *click*".
Also, 11 bucks.

Is there anything wortwhile to do in the city besides the main mission, or is it just about the story?

There are collectible lockboxes, shrines (increase HP each 5 you find), and Zodiac statues (trade in for new combat moves). There's also fightclubs, cockfighting, karaoke and street racing. I'm probably forgetting a few since I'm not that far myself, but so far I like it a lot more than the latest GTA.

Dec

Is it crazy to pay $50 for replacement ear pads for headphones? Bought Sennheiser PC350's a bit over 3 years ago I think and the ear pad leather is all worn off. Down to the cheap feeling fabric under it and even that is ripping.

Replacement pads are $30, but have to ship from the US. Total is $50, but the headset is fantastic, working like the day I bought them and expensive so buying a new pair is even more...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it crazy to pay $50 for replacement ear pads for headphones? Bought Sennheiser PC350's a bit over 3 years ago I think and the ear pad leather is all worn off. Down to the cheap feeling fabric under it and even that is ripping.

Replacement pads are $30, but have to ship from the US. Total is $50, but the headset is fantastic, working like the day I bought them and expensive so buying a new pair is even more...

Not when the headphones themselves are worth over $200. If they're still in good nick generally then coughing up $50 is preferable to buying a new set altogether.

Voted for Kentucky, grabbing at 9 EUR.

Also, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Sonic & All-Stars Transformed on PC (60FPS, extra characters, etc.), but is it worth it when I'm only going to play locally with one other person? (2p instead of 4p)

Yes it is! I'm mostly playing with my brother and it's a blast. I have played a few online matches and some matches with friends, but nothing beats playing local. I'm not playing splitscreen though (he has the game himself), so I don't know how that mode holds up. Anyway, if you're playing with 2, the rest are NPCs and they are quite challenging on hard and expert.

Dec

Not when the headphones themselves are worth over $200. If they're still in good nick generally then coughing up $50 is preferable to buying a new set altogether.

$20 shipping to Canada seems like such a rip off but I want my sound insulation back :(. Got no choice I suppose.

Vek

So Civ5 Gold is something like double the price for Australia VS. the UK and USA... is there a kind UK Gaffer out there willing to help me get this game for a friend? :D

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
wtf Steam? :(

xX72Ax8.png

Gvaz

Banned

xX72Ax8.png

Same thing happened to me, it's bullshit. They said "well if you have a source of funds you've used in the past seven days then you can buy things" but I haven't bought anything with either of them in like 3 months because I've been fucking stonecold broke for 3 months until i added my new CC, and the paycheck comes in the next day. Total shit.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm actually thinking of buying Sleeping Dogs, even though I got it for free with PS+. Just tried the demo and it surprisingly runs pretty well. Medium settings @ 1080p = 30fps. @720p = 60fps, solid.

Is this crazy talk?
Fuuuck. I just tried booting up the PS3 version again and it looks horrrible. Not just because of the lower resolution (PS3 is actually 1152x640 I think), but my iMacs screen is miles ahead of my Playstation 3D monitor.

Ever since I got into PC gaming I've been spoiled.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat Mark of the Ninja yesterday and I was impressed til the very end. What a superb game. After playing Hotline Miami and now MoTN, my goty 2012 has definitely changed.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing happened to me, it's bullshit. They said "well if you have a source of funds you've used in the past seven days then you can buy things" but I haven't bought anything with either of them in like 3 months because I've been fucking stonecold broke for 3 months until i added my new CC, and the paycheck comes in the next day. Total shit.

Really annoying.

Double

Give the demo a try! Cinematic for an open world game and a unique setting. It's very solid from what I've played. If I didn't have it on the PS3 it would have been an insta-buy.
I'll add to this that the combat is fantastic and that it looks absolutely stunning on high settings.
Gameplay that isn't terrible.
Ok might give the Demo a try later on.

Currently trying the Rogue Legacy Demo, and what might be a deal-breaker to me is the fairly inaccurate control I'm having with the 360 controller, in that my guy keeps walking a bit further when I actually already stopped pushing the stick in that direction (don't tell me to use the d-pad plz :p). Maybe it's better in the full version? It's a bit like walking on ice constantly, can't have such a flaw in such a hard game :(

Voted for Dragon's Lair.
You Sir, did it all righ...wrong, you did it WRONG :(

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a really cool roguelike. Very atmospheric.
Certainly a great deal for 2,50.

JaseC

xX72Ax8.png

You're the umpteenth person to find themselves in this situation. Valve needs to add a second checkbox to the confirmation form informing users that they've opted to use a new payment method and so approving the transaction will temporarily lock them out of the market, and said period should literally be a few days, not a full week.

JaseC

wow

Kentucky Route Zero looks amazing.
calm, mysterious, intriguing.
also beautiful art style O.O

I'm a little ashamed to admit I still haven't played the second act. At this point I think I'll just wait for the third act to release.

Started playing Hotline Miami yesterday, and damn I'm finding it difficult. One shot kill, I keep losing the crosshair. Guess it just takes some getting used too. But I'm really enjoying it so far.

JaseC

Always confused by this, so there WILL be one more set of deals/recaps from previous ones or does it end after the current timer will be up then?

The sale ends in a little under 29 hours. There'll be another slab of Dailies and my take on what the last day will bring in that regard is:

I'm thinking that tomorrow will see the past nine featured Dailies return alongside Prison Architect, given there are 10 slots and 10 games featured on the Summer Sale cards (all of which have now been in the spotlight).

Kamion

Dammit, low violence versions... seems I'll have to bug someone here if I want Sleeping Dogs... sigh.

Especially since everyone's bugging me to buy it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Man, I wish I was one of you lucky bastards getting to play Sleeping Dogs for the first time. It's a steal at that price.

JaseC

Speaking of Sleeping Dogs, I'd like to know if this bug is still in the game. It doesn't trigger when you engage the handbrake in a different vehicle and it also doesn't happen when you're in a taxi but don't engage the handbrake.

Fingers crossed Kentucky Route Zero wins, it's awesome. New owners should also check out Limits and Demonstrations by the same dev (it's free!):

'A Lula Chamberlain Retrospective.

Marking the first major public showcase of her work in over twenty years, this retrospective exhibition of work by pioneering installation artist Lula Chamberlain comprises a diagonal slice through time, place, and form.'

Saw this on the Retro/Grade hub and I felt really bad for the guy considering I snatched one of the many PSN codes he gave out when the game came out and I loved the game:

So in order to drum up some awareness of this awesome little rhythm game that apparently bombed, here's 3 codes up for grabs:

If you miss out and still want the game, it's only $2.50 on Steam right now.

This game really does deserve the attention for the price it's at now.
If anyone watches his GDC speak and has seen his YouTube diaries, get ready to feel bad.
Not in a bad way, guy is brutally honest about himself and the developmentof the game. He really is tough on himself too, he made a fantastic little game that deserves to be played.
His wedding proposal story was great on his GDC talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom