• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

KRZ! I'm nervous that Dragon's Lair will take it on name value alone, but here's hoping...

It probably will, KR0 is more than two times as expensive and after the last 10 days I would be very surprised if the community votes for an over-10€/$ indie adventure game.

Stoze

Man KR0 looks like something I would love to death, but I'm not ready to drop $12.50 on it. Maybe if it was at the start of the sale, but not after buying a bunch of stuff for 5 dollars or less. I think I'll wait till all 5 episodes are out and then buy it up. Also I just bought SMT IV and a new 360 controller for my PC, so my wallet is pretty much empty at this point.

Karu

Kentucky Route Zero! Omg, please! Would buy it without hestitation, but well... won't win! IT WON'T! =(

If it doesn't win, maybe last Flash Sale? Yeah, wouldn't male sense, I guess. Too bad.

I don't think Kentucky Route Zero stands a chance. It's relatively expensive and you can't even tell what the game is without clicking through. I hope I'm wrong, though.

mclem

Hang about. I was assuming it'd be encore sales only from when the dailies resets, but I guess having a vote now this suggests that they'll still at least be doing the vote sales in that time. I wonder if we'll also get flashes during the encore period.

tylerf

Came closest I've ever been to throwing my mouse after losing at 59 seconds twice in super hexagon before finally beating the level on my third try.

Just woke up and see KRZ as option in the community vote. Did not expect that one at all! Also nice that Sleeping Dogs is back, now I can pick up that drunken fist DLC <3

Toothpick

I think I was the 1 person on GAF without FTL.

Did everyone else impulse buy Just Cause 1 for 25 cents? I already beat it 100% on 360 haha. why

Stoze

Kentucky Route Zero is SO going to lose and this will depress me.
Can't believe people are saying even at 50% off they wouldn't drop money on it, so far it's one of the best games of 2013.

Give the demo a try.
http://kentuckyroutezero.com/limits-and-demonstrations/

It's hard to drop money on it considering it would be the most expensive purchase of the sale for me, the next expensive being XCOM and Don't Starve which have a significant amount of replay value and playtime associated with them (more so Don't Starve). Also I kinda would like to just play all the episodes at once, I did it with Walking Dead and I couldn't imagine waiting months between a few hours of gameplay. That's just me though.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm actually thinking of buying Sleeping Dogs, even though I got it for free with PS+. Just tried the demo and it surprisingly runs pretty well. Medium settings @ 1080p = 30fps. @720p = 60fps, solid.

Is this crazy talk?

derExperte

I'm actually thinking of buying Sleeping Dogs, even though I got it for free with PS+. Just tried the demo and it surprisingly runs pretty well. Medium settings @ 1080p = 30fps. @720p = 60fps, solid.

Is this crazy talk?

Yes. Why are you thinking about this? We don't think, we buy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Is this crazy talk?

It'd be crazy if you weren't considering it.

Skerj

Is this crazy talk?

Steam Seasonal Sale Rule: Buy first, question later.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
757fc360eacd7cc3bc0334d7844040ca.jpeg

Shit happens :D

Can someone explain what this post means.

Enco

Is this crazy talk?
Lol answer? Go for it

Real world answer? You're crazy

Double

What's Sleeping Dogs offering that I didn't already play in the genre? I don't want just more of the same.

PS: voted Kentucky :p

Bri

Is this crazy talk?
I'm thinking the same. Tried the demo and it ran surprisingly well on my 6 years old rig. I seldom double dip though.

whitehawk

Banned
Lol answer? Go for it

Real world answer? You're crazy
This is what I was looking for lol. I tried overclocking my computer, but still can't get 60fps at 1080p. If I could have, I may have bitten. Instead I'll buy something else I guess. Max Payne 3 perhaps?
I'm thinking the same. Tried the demo and it ran surprisingly well on my 6 years old rig. I seldom double dip though.
Yeah seems to be optimized really well. Wasn't expecting a solid 30fps on medium settings. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Trials Gold can't even hold 60fps at 720p.

whitehawk

Banned
ßthePenguin;71909991 said:
What's Sleeping Dogs offering that I didn't already play in the genre? I don't want just more of the same.

PS: voted Kentucky :p
Give the demo a try! Cinematic for an open world game and a unique setting. It's very solid from what I've played. If I didn't have it on the PS3 it would have been an insta-buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom