• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.DOGG

You're the umpteenth person to find themselves in this situation. Valve needs to add a second checkbox to the confirmation form informing users that they've opted to use a new payment method and so approving the transaction will temporarily lock them out of the market, and said period should literally be a few days, not a full week.

Well, you're lucky it only takes a week. I disabled SteamGuard the other day because Steam wouldn't accept the codes it was sending me to authorize one of my browsers and I can't trade for two weeks! Some bullshit that is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, you're lucky it only takes a week. I disabled SteamGuard the other day because Steam wouldn't accept the codes it was sending me to authorize one of my browsers and I can't trade for two weeks! Some bullshit that is.

I'm lucky it takes zero days because I'm not in that situation. ;)

Tukker

Sleeping dogs is awesome yea, I bought it a few days ago and I already clocked over 20 hours into it. It's actually felt nice and fresh to me, I like that the main focus wasn't on guns for a change.

definitely pick only certain dlc, don't get the packs that add triad points etc. I got all of the story dlc but I haven't played those yet. I hope they are good.

Lain

Looks like I missed on the previous flash sale because I didn't wake up at the right time.
Could anyone tell me what were the flash and the vote? I've gathered FF7 and Mortal Kombat were part of the flash deals, but what were the other 2?

liezryou

Looks like I missed on the previous flash sale because I didn't wake up at the right time.
Could anyone tell me what were the flash and the vote? I've gathered FF7 and Mortal Kombat were part of the flash deals, but what were the other 2?

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and uhhh payday.

Grief.exe

Is this a joke?

Between FTL winning the community vote and these flash deals it is almost like I'm looking at the daily deal page from a couple days ago.

Tak3n

Banned
This game really does deserve the attention for the price it's at now.
If anyone watches his GDC speak and has seen his YouTube diaries, get ready to feel bad.
Not in a bad way, guy is brutally honest about himself and the developmentof the game. He really is tough on himself too, he made a fantastic little game that deserves to be played.
His wedding proposal story was great on his GDC talk.

Where you from mate, as that Gorilla has turned up in my Local city (Norwich) albeit repainted, but base looks identical as well as how it is standing

1573911109.jpg

Is Omerta worth picking up? I really enjoyed Gangsters and it reminds me of that game a fair bit.

I purchased it at launch for that exact reason, and tbh I was pretty disappointed with it.

Especially the tactical parts - there are moments in the tactical parts where you cannot avoid taking damage. If you pick stats at the beginning that give you inately low health (as did I) you have a large chance of dying in the first few encounters. Every time you die, you get perma-reductions on your stats. Not ideal.

I heard they made changes to both the tactical and strategy aspects of the game recently - I can't confirm if it's any better, but from my experiences, I wouldn't buy it again, even at the current deal price.

I think you mean recettear.

You've had plenty of chances now to pick up FTL or Hotline Miami.

I haven't been around when Hotline Miami has been on sale. Honestly when I saw that last night I immediately just voted for it. I didn't even see what else was up for voting.

I'm hoping for a Hotline Miami and/or Swapper deal before the sales ends. They're the only games I really really want but haven't been able to get in on yet.

Grief.exe

I don't think a non-card game has won when it's been put up against a game (or two) with cards. Them's the breaks.

Recettear doesn't even have achievements, price is higher, and the art style probably puts people off as well.

Race was over before it started.

Copons

Recettear would have been at its historical low, goddammit.

FTL and HM, you can get them for half a penny any other day. :(

liezryou

Is the sonic transformed DLC worth? Got the game but have yet to play it. Then again... Looking at how much games i have bought i probably won't get to it until next year @.@.

Copons

Meanwhile, I discovered that that one last empty slot I was seeing on the dailies, is Omerta.

It's interesting in Italy I cannot see Omerta. Nor hear of, or speak of it, I presume.

derExperte

This game really does deserve the attention for the price it's at now.
If anyone watches his GDC speak and has seen his YouTube diaries, get ready to feel bad.
Not in a bad way, guy is brutally honest about himself and the developmentof the game. He really is tough on himself too, he made a fantastic little game that deserves to be played.
His wedding proposal story was great on his GDC talk.

Always sad to see neat little games like this failing (Derrick the Deathfin is another one that I really liked), got Retro/Grade via PS+ for free and put a surprising amount of hours into it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the sonic transformed DLC worth? Got the game but have yet to play it. Then again... Looking at how much games i have bought i probably won't get to it until next year @.@.

It's less than a buck and contains both a new character and track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom