• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

OK new idea, let me know what you guys think.

Valve puts all 3 games up for sale during the voting process. Everyone votes on their favorite game, similar to what they do now.

The winner gets to go on sale for the next 8 hours. The losers drop their sale prices and 3 more games go up for voting.

Everyone wins. More money for Valve.

ßthePenguin;71915776 said:
Yeah but, doesn't like everybody know DL is crap? :>

Valid point.

Roland1979

Damage so far:

Arma 3
Alan Wake
Counter Strike: GO
Command & Conquer 3: TW
Dark Souls
Dear Esther
Garry's Mod
Portal 2
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Star Forge
Terraria
The Walking Dead
Trine 2: Complete Story
Tropico 4

Latest impulse purchase: could not resist 50% Star Forge's alpha (which was already 50% off final). Almost bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I don't even own a steering wheel but it lucks fantastic and mellow. The environments!
D*mn you Gabe!
Luv u do. plz dont break up Lord Gaben

Little bummed about Recettear. I've barely got enough in my steam wallet to cover the cost, and it was going to be a gift for a friend I know that would love it.

She's got very specific taste, and besides a few exceptions, the games she plays are much different than my own. Not much on Steam I can get her that she'd like or doesn't already have. Damn, disappointing.

Where you from mate, as that Gorilla has turned up in my Local city (Norwich) albeit repainted, but base looks identical as well as how it is standing

1573911109.jpg

Yeah can't believe they changed Freddie!
I'm from Norwich too, although Glasgow born. Do love the iron monkey.
There is a trail to follow, with 53 different gorrilas all over Norwich. Including Optimus Primate which is on Norwich Castle. Slightly OT.

NIN90

Don't sales on Early Access games go against the whole "Buy our Alpha early and get the best deal" thing? I know I'd be kinda miffed if I bought into that.

Was there ever a sale on Minecraft?

Don't sales on Early Access games go against the whole "Buy our Alpha early and get the best deal" thing? I know I'd be kinda miffed if I bought into that.

Well, if I had payed full price to "name a prisoner" I'd be kind of pissed it is now discounted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it looks like there's two more days huh?

If Gnomoria won't show up as a daily I'll buy it.

There's one last slab of Dailies in a few hours (new ones, if Sega's tweet is accurate) and then we're in the home stretch (final 24 hours).

Only spent about 6 or 7 bucks this sale. Bought the original half life anthology and surgeon simulator.

I have around 70 or so games i haven't really touched from the last summer sale.

I had woken up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Scratch that, there was a reason, a calling. I had woken up the very minute the flash deals and voting changed, so I made an instinctual march to my PC to check them. So I did. And like that, I was tired again, as if my body knew its purpose had finished and I could resume rest.

When I had awoken hours later, fully rested, I returned to my Steam sale position of refreshing this GAF thread. Seeing recommendations for KR0 I had decided to vote for it. As I made my way to Steam's front page, I scrolled down, past the dailies, past the flashes, to the right of the FTL tile that sits there as a monument to Steam's community of democratic failures, I had seen it. Like a lynchian embark into my own psyche it hit me straight on.

VRtfENi.png

I was one of them.

Whools

No Mine raft sale that I know of, but you got to play it for free for a while if you BTA in one of the early humble bundles

Why do people think this is the last day? Sale ends tomorrow, Monday at 18PM GMT, after which today's daily deal will run for an 24 extra hours while everything else switches back to their regular price.

That's how it's usually is, and I doubt they'll change it up this year.

NIN90

Why do people think this is the last day? Sale ends tomorrow, Monday at 18PM GMT, after which today's daily deal will run for an 24 extra hours while everything else switches back to their regular price.

Because this'll be the last update. They always do repeats on the last update.
There won't be a new update tomorrow.

derExperte

Do they? I don't think they do.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Holding you personally responsible if it wins.

To be honest, I wasn't interested in any of the three games. I just voted to get and sell a card...

To what kind of monster have I become?

Iirc last sale the encore day was also the day AFTER the sale ended. So one more day of sales + new daily deals, followed by the end of the sale but a 'surprise' encore sale

AHA-Lambda

I had woken up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Scratch that, there was a reason, a calling. I had woken up the very minute the flash deals and voting changed, so I made an instinctual march to my PC to check them. So I did. And like that, I was tired again, as if my body knew its purpose had finished and I could resume rest.

When I had awoken hours later, fully rested, I returned to my Steam sale position of refreshing this GAF thread. Seeing recommendations for KR0 I had decided to vote for it. As I made my way to Steam's front page, I scrolled down, past the dailies, past the flashes, to the right of the FTL tile that sits there as a monument to Steam's community of democratic failures, I had seen it. Like a lynchian embark into my own psyche it hit me straight on.

VRtfENi.png

I was one of them.

I hate you.

There's one last slab of Dailies in a few hours (new ones, if Sega's tweet is accurate) and then we're in the home stretch (final 24 hours).

Was hoping the last 24 hours would be more exciting. Regardless my first steam sale has been a huge success:

Sleeping Dogs + all story DLC

Just Cause 2

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Kerbal Space Program

Garry's Mod

Galactic Arms Race Retail (gift)

Torchlight II Gift: Torchlight (gift)

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mark of the Ninja

Killing Floor

The Binding Of Isaac with Wrath of the Lamb DLC

McPixel (2) gifted 1

Dust: An Elysian Tail

FTL: Faster Than Light

FEZ

Super Hexagon

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Dark Souls (gifted)

Should be enough to hold me over for the next few months, at least. And with that I'm just about ready to trade in my consoles(after GTA V). PC gaming has won me over (console exclusive gaming since childhood).

A heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone that participated in these last 4 threads, It was a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom