• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What does a foil do? Besides being more expensive.
I think that if you craft a set with foils you get a foil badge (I'm not sure if it gives you more XP or something).

edit: beaten like the pointer while trying to click the agree box quickly enough to buy a cheap card and getting the message it was already purchased by someone else.

What does a foil do? Besides being more expensive.

Not sure. All I can say is that it gives you the regular card for the regular set for the game and it gives you access to collect a separate foil set for said game. I'm not sure what else its good for. I guess you can make a foil badge which is somehow better than a regular badge?

For my regular FTL set I can collect a badge called Recruit for 100 xp.

For my foil FTL set I can collect a badge called Fleet Admiral for 100 xp.

wilflare

how long does it take for this error to resolve itself?
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

liezryou

how long does it take for this error to resolve itself?
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

If you have bought too many gifts/games, usually an hour.

Fewr

Awesomenauts micro review:
Much better than I expected from the videos, but still I don't see myself spending time on this after getting its cards since I don't really enjoy online multi much.

j-wood

Is Terraria good? I'm not a big minecraft fan, and it seems like it's minecraft but with guns and enemies. Is that a fair assumption?

Tomodachi

I voted for Dragon's Lair.

How-Could-you-do-this-caskett-31953564-245-250.gif

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I made a big long explanatory post about the trading card game in the trading card thread.
If anyone is still uncertain about how it all works after glancing over the official page and FAQ, maybe reading it could help.

I don't think there's any hope for KR0. My fiancé voted for Dragon's Lair too "because it looks far more interesting to me."

a.) no
b.) you won't even buy it if it wins

What a jerk. Why am I engaged to this guy? :mad:((

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I made a big long explanatory post about the trading card game in the trading card thread.
If anyone is still uncertain about how it all works after glancing over the official page and FAQ, maybe reading it could help.

I don't think there's any hope for KR0. My fiancé voted for Dragon's Lair too "because it looks far more interesting to me."

a.) no

if there's a doubt, there's no doubt

MikeDown

Banned
Is Terraria good? I'm not a big minecraft fan, and it seems like it's minecraft but with guns and enemies. Is that a fair assumption?
yeah basically minecraft but better. That said I didn't really like the game, the crafting and stuff just didn't appeal to me.

Tomodachi

Even at 25% off! But there's no harm in waiting to see how the poll ends.
Yeah, that's what I'll do, I would have bought it on the last day anyway. When the poll ends I'll grab it no matter the price, although an additional 25% off would be nice :p

FloatOn

If KR0 does end up winning I'll be tempted to get it but I have this thing with not wanting to wait for episodic games to come out. I'd rather play them all in one go and be done with it.

Has there been any kind of release schedule posted for the remaining 3 episodes?

Fewr

a.) no

Thanks, very informative.

Lunzio

If KR0 does end up winning I'll be tempted to get it but I have this thing with not wanting to wait for episodic games to come out. I'd rather play them all in one go and be done with it.

Has there been any kind of release schedule posted for the remaining 3 episodes?

They've been slowly slipping with their dates, but the original plan was Episode 3 in July, 4 in October, and 5 in January.

Still possible.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Been a while since I've played Minecraft now, but I'd say Terraria is a better game. You can trigger a lot of events and bosses, and there's more variety in items, weapons, armor, and enemies. Minecraft has a better modding community though.

It's definitely worth €2,45.

a.) no

Just read you'd post. Very helpful. Thank you :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I haven't even glanced at Minecraft in a year or two so my idea of what Minecraft is might be terribly out of date, but Terraria was far more goal-oriented and less directed at creativity. You could do a lot of building in Terraria but there isn't as much freedom to build anything like in Minecraft. It's a lot more combat/exploration oriented than building.

That said I didn't much like it because most of the game was still standing in place clicking on blocks to get resources.

Colin.

First chance I've got on to discover FTL won the current vote. I hate the Steam community.

Also, a bit late, but is anyone hosting a Worms Revolution 4 pack? If so, I'd be in for that.

a.) no

I just wanted to say thank-you for what is a well-written and extremely informative piece. I forwarded it to my partner who has expressed a lack of understanding of the card system.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I still don't really know what to expect from Terraria. Anyone who recommends it?
EDIT: Great Scott, I have great timing. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom