• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Oh man... I got Fallout: A Tale of Two Wastelands mod working... this is so awesome.

Achievements are disabled if I use any mod right? I did bring up the console to warp me to a quest objective that bugged out in Old World Blues, but reloaded and still didn't get the achievement. Guessing it's because i'm using TTW. That's fine though..having all of DC, the Mojave and the DLC for both games all in one is amazing!

Bizzity

So, due to the nature of the trading cards and theme days should we expect today to be a recap only of the 10 featured card games? Or an actually best of independent of the daily features?

Another morning, another disappointing community vote.

How bad did Recetterar get crushed by?

Oh, and KR0 isn't winning this. It would lose if there is just 2 choices. The Plebs aren't going to be clicking on games to vote.

def sim

It was back in the day.

I'd be throwing every game made in the 80s under the bus if I agreed with that. :O

I wanted to play it back then because I was a kid, it was pretty and running on laser disc. That doesn't change it from being a trial and error QTE game with neat animation.

Kinyou

nobody's perfect

ohnoyoudidnt99o3a.gif

Double

If Dragon's Lair wins I'm just going to stare dumbfounded at my screen. Kentucky Route Zero has a really tough fight though, that logo is awful for the size and I would put money on most people not clicking any of the game links before voting. I have been following the game a bit and I had no idea what the middle option was until I clicked through.
Yeah that logo really takes away every chance, if there ever were any >_<

NIGHT-

Well... they are both entirely different. CS:GO has a more active playerbase by virtue of being a CS game, tho.

I know. I only really have time for 1 mp game. I guess a more active community is a good place to start. Does either have a harder learning curve?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, due to the nature of the trading cards and theme days should we expect today to be a recap only of the 10 featured card games? Or an actually best of independent of the daily features?

The former is what I assume will happen -- the other nine featured Dailies will return alongside Prison Architect for one final hurrah.

only regret through the sale is not getting gta 4, sleeping dog and tomb raider. budget ran out before i get any of these. may be next time.

purchase i regret is grid. very bad game.

Bizzity

The former is what I assume will happen -- the other nine featured Dailies will return alongside Prison Architect for one final hurrah.

That's what I was thinking as well. It's kind of disappointing somehow. I'm sure many people will be glad though.

chugen

i was so happy when i discovered the 1vs1 in chevalry, then i lost 6 duels. but when i finally won... oh god i screamed like i never screamed

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I know. I only really have time for 1 mp game. I guess a more active community is a good place to start. Does either have a harder learning curve?

I can't speak for CS:GO, my only CS experience is with the Source version.

But from my somewhat limited experience with Natural Selection, it has a fairly steep learning curve, yes. It requires quite a bit of team work and coordination as well some serious twitch skills on top of a decent ping to be competitive. It's not a bad game at all, it's just that...It chewed on me for quite awhile before I ever felt like I did decently in a match, let alone really had any fun. It's a very serious game, I guess. I want to compare it to DOTA 2 (which I've only ever watched someone else play) in that it's easy to feel like you've wasted an entire round just to draw out a spectacular loss--but unlike Dota, the community was actually pretty nice and helpful. It's a game I'd recommend, but not lightly.

If is CS:GO is like the source version, most matches don't last more than four minutes and you can drop in and out of tons of servers.

cicero

Dragon's Lair isn't a game, it's an interactive animated feature. ;)
Hey! Seeing it for the first time was a seminal moment if you were a young arcade goer during the 1980s. Those death animations... Like being on vacation and driving up to a pizza parlor for a meal and seeing a line of people waiting and going inside and finding out the line was for people wanting to play/see the just released Double Dragon. The "ladies" had whips, man. WHIPS THAT YOU COULD GRAP AND WHIP THEM BACK WITH.

owasog

Hmm run into the first game ever that doesn't play right automatically off the bat - Strike Suit Zero. I'm getting no picture. Just audio.
Probably your firewall. Alt-tab around to see if your firewall blocks the game until you give permission. Mine did.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hey! Seeing it for the first time was a seminal moment if you were a young arcade goer during the 1980s. Those death animations... Like being on vacation and driving up to a pizza parlor for a meal and seeing a line of people waiting and going inside and finding out the line was for people wanting to play/see the just released Double Dragon. The "ladies" had whips, man. WHIPS THAT YOU COULD GRAP AND WHIP THEM BACK WITH.

Did I not get enough sleep or is Dragon's Lair going to win because other games with Dragon in the title were good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom