• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Voted Kentucky Route Zero.

Are these current dailies going to run for another 24 hours like the previous days? The last set of dailies are set to go up in a couple of hours, right?

liezryou

So tomorrow, for those of you on my friends list... if my account activity goes bananers and adds like 30 games, don't be alarmed.

Cth

GAF hates QTEs and Ryse, but loves Dragons Lair. Go figure :D

I loved it back in the day, but yeah it's been ported to everything. If you don't already own it you don't really love it :D

Hell, I even have a CD-I copy still.

Either way, name recognition ALWAYS wins these things. That's why it'll win.

liezryou

We should have a continuation of the steam sale thread. Make it like "Steam Halloween Sale Anticipation thread", cause I'm gonna miss you all :(. Mostly chugen cause hes sexy, but still.

Acccent

Get ready to wreck shit up because it's not winning. Evoland was already on sale, so people will vote for that. Just like FTL in the previous vote.

I just told my roommates to open steam and help it win

They opened it, looked at me with an evil smile, and clicked on fucking evoland right before my eyes

I'm out of this place

Skerj

Voted for KRZ. Is Alpha Protocol any good for $3.74?

Alpha Protocol is totally worth $3.74, there's a boss fight in the game that is worth the price of admission alone. Just note that if you're looking for excellent shooting mechanics, you will not find them as they're still largely governed by dice rolls. I played the game as a stealth action RPG and had a blast.

Also I honestly believe it has a superior form of the conversation wheel from Mass Effect, you have to choose your answers quickly and the outcomes can be a bit ambiguous.
Curses, now I actually want to play it again.

Slyjss

Which Community Choice games have never been daily or flash? I am sure about Recettear and Kentucky Route Zero, but I don't know if there's been more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We should have a continuation of the steam sale thread. Make it like "Steam Halloween Sale Anticipation thread", cause I'm gonna miss you all :(. Mostly chugen cause hes sexy, but still.

The Halloween Sale doesn't get its own thread. ;) Since the sale is themed, there are far fewer games discounted and it only runs for a weekend. The next notable sale is the Autumn Sale in November.

Crayons

Banned
I just told my roommates to open steam and help it win

They opened it, looked at me with an evil smile, and clicked on fucking evoland right before my eyes

I'm out of this place

You should have punched him so hard out of the Dragon's Lair that he flew through Evoland and landed in Kentucky Route Zero.

Crayons

Banned
Which Community Choice games have never been daily or flash? I am sure about Recettear and Kentucky Route Zero, but I don't know if there's been more.

Incredipede.

Appears like this sale they don't care about putting all games up for a deal.

Geedorah

Is this a common problem with the older GTAs?! Thinking about purchasing Vice City, but not, if W7 makes trouble...

Haven't had any luck getting Rockstar titles to run on my new rig - just tried Bully again yesterday, and it crashes on launch...

def sim

Is this a common problem with the older GTAs?! Thinking about purchasing Vice City, but not, if W7 makes trouble...

I don't recall there being any problems on Windows. I've played through the entirety of Vice City on 8 and I booted San Andreas just fine a minute ago.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Please everyone Vote Kentucky Route Zero.

YGyIFmH.png

GAF, I have given you my vote plenty of times, time to give me one.

liezryou

The Halloween Sale doesn't get its own thread. ;) Since the sale is themed, there are far fewer games on sale and it only runs for a weekend. The next notable sale is the Autumn Sale in November.

I see...

On a sidenote, what is the criteria for getting member on GAF? I have like 600 posts and have been around for 2 years.

Meanwhile chugen has similar posts but has been around for 4 months.

Just wondering is it a manual thing by mods? Or what?

Nymphae

Banned
Voted KR0 because people here want it, even though I'm not interested at that price. The giant bomb quicklook had me intrigued though, I love the art.

derExperte

On a sidenote, what is the criteria for getting member on GAF? I have like 600 posts and have been around for 2 years.

Meanwhile chugen has similar posts but has been around for 4 months

Three months and 300 posts is the criteria. You should be a member. Did you maybe start a terrible thread so your priviliges got taken away again?

louiedog

yea it's not like an unfinished game'll ever top steam charts or anyth

If they'd bothered to finish Prison Architect it could be #1 ahead of Skyrim, instead of #2 which, according to a No Fear shirt that I saw in the 7th grade, is just the first loser.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dont worry guys, recettear didnt win, Kentucky isnt gonna win. Facts of life, the facts of life. They better get fuckin daily or flash deal.

Three months and 300 posts is the criteria. You should be a member. Did you maybe start a terrible thread so your priviliges got taken away again? Or the rules have become stricter, I remember someone was looking forward to losing the Junior but didn't after 300 posts.
I don't think you can start threads if you are a Junior, at least I cant.

inm8num2

Damn earlier I voted for Dragon's Lair without realizing that other game was KRZ.

I hope KRZ wins. It's a fascinating, surreal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom