• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Sometimes capitalism sucks.

tumblr_kqq08tLeXo1qz9tjmo1_500.png

MUST DESTROY CAPITALISM!

My problem with Retro City Rampage is that they took a bunch of classic games from the 80's and poked fun at them and added their gameplay to one single game....however, it's more of a "ha look what we did here, do you see how clever this is" and less of a fun gaming experience.
Sounds similar to Evoland in that regard.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You get my Enhanced Steam video?

(Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you).

Yes, I got your submission and you're in the running. The video contest ends TODAY so be sure and get your entries in as soon as possible. The contest will close at 8pm PST tonight (11 hours, 15 minutes from now).

Here are the rules once again.

Good luck!

Unplayable how exactly? The only issue I have with San Andreas on win 7 is getting it to run at 60fps without borking up the car physics.

Vice City on the other hand - bought steam version via amazon, load up the game and it wants me to put the cd in the drive! Wont play without it. Called amazon got a refund amd bought the non steam version and it gives me the same message.

Unplayable cause the Mouse detection is shit(I have to play around with the settings, hoping it'll come back), Sometimes It'll work sometimes it won't. Music won't load properly on radio. Shit like that.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is there a post/thread/link on hidden/not-so-known deals? No, I'm not talking about Indie games.

mneuro

Sounds similar to Evoland in that regard.

This is the exact reason that I haven't bought evoland yet. I consider it every time it's on sale, but it seems like the same idea as retro city rampage, but with RPG games. I'm sure I'll eventually get it, but I have low expectations.

Thinking about pickip up this on the last day. Yes/no/maybe? Feels like I already spent too much.

1000 amps is a pretty neat little game, but I wouldn't have felt bad NOT buying it when I did. Personally I spent 30 seconds with it and never played it again. Maybe remove that one.

However everyone should buy Receiver.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thinking about pickip up this on the last day. Yes/no/maybe? Feels like I already spent too much.

Its not the last day. Ends in two days. But a lot of those games probably arent going to go on sale any more. I bought a bunch of them yesterday. You can wait to be safe.

Edit: Oh i thought you were saying today is the last day

def sim

how high would my chances of winning the enhanced steam contest be if I just record myself using Steam while playing sandstorm in the background for two or three minutes

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's my guess. Keep on posting (try and be witty and cool??). No clue how to appease the powers-that-be.

It's not a manual thing by mods, user-group promoting gets automatically done at 300 posts+3 months (6 months? Not sure the current setting). Sometimes the promotion doesn't work, particularly if the account was manually activated rather than going through the normal activation process, and needs to be manually fixed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
how high would my chances of winning the enhanced steam contest be if I just record myself using Steam while playing sandstorm in the background for two or three minutes

Never hurts to try! There honestly aren't many entries.

Acccent

KRZ looks amazing, I feel bad voting for Dragon's Lair now :(

Seriously why do people vote not knowing what the games are? When one of the choices is something I haven't heard of, I at least click on it to take a look at the trailer... Do you apply the same method for political elections?

liezryou

Wazzah i'm a member. Either it was my hobo avatar or stump did it. Stump if it was you add me on steam i have to give you steam AIDS.

It's not a manual thing by mods, user-group promoting gets automatically done at 300 posts+3 months (6 months? Not sure the current setting). Sometimes the promotion doesn't work, particularly if the account was manually activated rather than going through the normal activation process, and needs to be manually fixed.

So it was you. Yeah blackace manually activated me >.< or something like that. I accidentally changed my email and then was locked out in the activation process again >.<.

Cth

Is there a post/thread/link on hidden/not-so-known deals? No, I'm not talking about Indie games.

There was a site in the earlier threads that had a list of everything on sale and you could sort it via percentages or price.

I don't remember the link offhand though, sorry.

Might be this one:
http://www.steamgamesales.com/

As an aside, can anyone tell me how difficult/frustrating PID is?

Voted for KRZ.

On a side note, is Steamgifts.com legit? Has anyone from GAF ever actually won something? Or is it just a huge waste of time.

Zeliard

Tip for those about to get into Alpha Protocol: once the game opens up and you can travel to the three different hubs, it's a good idea to go back and forth between the three locations as there are a lot of neat reactive elements between them based on what you potentially say and do in each. Don't necessarily feel you have to complete a hub before you go on to the other countries. And don't follow any mission guides; just wing it.

If you don't want to concern yourself too much with the combat and are more interested in story, put points into stealth and pistols to be virtually unstoppable. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So is the DLC worth anything for Sleeping Dogs? Seems like it just adds costumes and nothing really worth while.

Actual DLC, ranked from my favourite to least favourite:
Year of the Snake (new missions, same environments, cult/police themed)
Zodiac Tournament (kung fu movie themed, new environment/missions)
Nightmare in North Point (undead/zombie movie themed, same environments, new missions)

Everything else is either cosmetic, cheat, or in-game weapons/vehicles/items (some of these latter have a few missions attached)

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone try Evochron Mercenary? I don't think it will get any cheaper than its current price (33% off) but I feel like playing a space game right now and it's the only one on Steam (other than FTL and Mass Effect) than seems decent.

liezryou

Tip for those about to get into Alpha Protocol: once the game opens up and you can travel to the three different hubs, it's a good idea to go back and forth between the three locations as there are a lot of neat reactive elements between them based on what you potentially say and do in each. Don't necessarily feel you have to complete a hub before you go on to the other countries. And don't follow any mission guides; just wing it.

If you don't want to concern yourself too much with the combat and are more interested in story, put points into stealth and pistols to be virtually unstoppable. :p

Man, now i feel bad for not picking it up on that ridiculous 2.50$ sale on steam. I only didn't pick it up because everyone said it was terrible.

Never hurts to try! There honestly aren't many entries.

My friend and I wanted to make something, but I'm still recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed so talking is a bit unpleasant. We'll be putting something together in a month or so though regardless of the contest because Enhanced Steam is fantastic.

lmpaler

Actual DLC, ranked from my favourite to least favourite:
Year of the Snake (new missions, same environments, cult/police themed)
Zodiac Tournament (kung fu movie themed, new environment/missions)
Nightmare in North Point (undead/zombie movie themed, same environments, new missions)

Everything else is either cosmetic, cheat, or in-game weapons/vehicles/items (some of these latter have a few missions attached)

I'll grab those man thanks.

KiDdYoNe

Sweet. Thanks.

Anyone played Kane and Lynch 2?

Me. If you looking for yay/nay thing, it's yay from me. If you liked the first one, you sure will enjoy the second one. Plus the game has some style, that covers shitty graphics :)
btw got it on PS3 for like 30+ bucks, never regreted. Beat the game 4 times: once myself, thrice with friends

jshackles

My friend and I wanted to make something, but I'm still recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed so talking is a bit unpleasant. We'll be putting something together in a month or so though regardless of the contest because Enhanced Steam is fantastic.

Awesome, thanks! Hope you're feeling better soon!

pants

Did anyone try Evochron Mercenary? I don't think it will get any cheaper than its current price (33% off) but I feel like playing a space game right now and it's the only one on Steam (other than FTL and Mass Effect) than seems decent.

I've played the tuts for about 20 mins, loved it enough to stop playing it for a bit till I get proper controls. I feel like KB/M isnt the way to go here.

EDIT: X3 and Strike Suit is also on steam and cheap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom