• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

worked fine for me

QUFkE6S.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Three months and 300 posts is the criteria. You should be a member. Did you maybe start a terrible thread so your priviliges got taken away again?

Juniors can't make threads. I'm thinking he was perma-juniored the other day, after he labelled Mortal Kombat's netcode "gay", in which case he's fortunate!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I see...

On a sidenote, what is the criteria for getting member on GAF? I have like 600 posts and have been around for 2 years.

Meanwhile chugen has similar posts but has been around for 4 months.

Just wondering is it a manual thing by mods? Or what?

PM Stump or any other of the Mods they'll know better than we will.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do a russian roulette modbot giveaway. 5 Just Cause and 1 Bad Rats. I have an extra bad rats if u want it.

Someone did this in one of the earlier threads. IIRC, there were a few copies of Bad Rats and one "mystery game", though I can't remember what it was.

I bought last friday GTA San Andreas on Steam... And it's fucking unplayable on Windows 7.... Sure it's 3$ but common.

Unplayable how exactly? The only issue I have with San Andreas on win 7 is getting it to run at 60fps without borking up the car physics.

Vice City on the other hand - bought steam version via amazon, load up the game and it wants me to put the cd in the drive! Wont play without it. Called amazon got a refund amd bought the non steam version and it gives me the same message.

I see...

On a sidenote, what is the criteria for getting member on GAF? I have like 600 posts and have been around for 2 years.

Meanwhile chugen has similar posts but has been around for 4 months.

Just wondering is it a manual thing by mods? Or what?
It should be automatic but I've seen another case of junior limbo for seemingly no reason. PM Stump to look into it.

If KR0 does end up winning I'll be tempted to get it but I have this thing with not wanting to wait for episodic games to come out. I'd rather play them all in one go and be done with it.

Has there been any kind of release schedule posted for the remaining 3 episodes?

They were aiming for 3-4 months per Episode, they stuck in that deadline with small delay to Ep2, which launched 31st May. (Ep1 January)

Rough guestimate.

Ep3 - August/September
Ep4 - November/December
Ep5 - February/March 2014

They were aiming for 3-4 months per Episode, they stuck in that deadline with small delay to Ep2, which launched 31st May. (Ep1 January)

Rough guestimate.

Ep3 - August/September
Ep4 - November/December
Ep5 - February/March 2014
Haven't they said the missing episodes will be next year?

liezryou

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get in touch with a mod. On a side note, still have 2 euro truck simulator 2 copies for 7.6$ each for those of you that missed the sale.

And i have one Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe (+Magicka) that i'm trying to get rid of. Only 4$.

One more hour until Expeditions: Conquistador, Retro City Rampage, and Incredipede.

I hope ur right crayons. Expeditions looks incredibly awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I was told evoland was kinda sucky after the second half

Do people actually like Retro City Rampage? I bought it on PS3 because it looked like a lot of fun....I was seriously disappointed.

Was it an attempt to remake a Japanese game?

Prophane33

Do people actually like Retro City Rampage? I bought it on PS3 because it looked like a lot of fun....I was seriously disappointed.

I got it free on PS+ and thought it was alright. I went into it with low expectations(despite being a lover of 8-bit games -- I am old as dirt after all) and it wasn't terrible. It's a solid 6~6.5 out of 10 type game. Between having it on Vita and PS3, I really can't think of a reason to get it on my PC though. I've only put an hour into it, so maybe it gets more interesting later

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'll try this once more

Anybody interested in a 10% off coupon for Toki Tori 2+ in exchange for a couple junk cards?

If you have junk cards you're willing to gift, that's cool too!

I'm 25 cents short on my steam wallet.

mneuro

Was it an attempt to remake a Japanese game?

My problem with Retro City Rampage is that they took a bunch of classic games from the 80's and poked fun at them and added their gameplay to one single game....however, it's more of a "ha look what we did here, do you see how clever this is" and less of a fun gaming experience.

Prophane33

My problem with Retro City Rampage is that they took a bunch of classic games from the 80's and poked fun at them and added their gameplay to one single game....however, it's more of a "ha look what we did here, do you see how clever this is" and less of a fun gaming experience.

Great way to sum it up. I thought what they did was neat but didn't make for the most engaging of gaming experiences.

scotcheggz

Which Community Choice games have never been daily or flash? I am sure about Recettear and Kentucky Route Zero, but I don't know if there's been more.

Wait wait wait, has Recettear been up for sale at all this summer? That's a game I've been meaning to play for years but always forget about. Been keeping a close eye on the refreshes, but if I missed this, I'll be gutted. I really need to be kicked in the face to be reminded to buy most stuff on steam.

Slyjss

Wait wait wait, has Recettear been up for sale at all this summer? That's a game I've been meaning to play for years but always forget about. Been keeping a close eye on the refreshes, but if I missed this, I'll be gutted. I really need to be kicked in the face to be reminded to buy most stuff on steam.

It was in the latest Comunity Choice options, but it lost to FTL.

liezryou

Wait, it might be a flash sale. You can always wait till the very end of the sale to buy it at the normal sale price.

Mupod

I refuse to vote for anything that I have to click on the icon to find out what the hell it is, because the developers were too cool to actually put the title in said icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom