• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My problem with Retro City Rampage is that they took a bunch of classic games from the 80's and poked fun at them and added their gameplay to one single game....however, it's more of a "ha look what we did here, do you see how clever this is" and less of a fun gaming experience.

Ahh I thought RCR was River City Ransom. My bad!

traveler

Not Wario
You can blame Valve rewarding votes for all the duplicate community choice winners. I know I'm guilty of it as well when I see 3 games I already own and vote for the one I think is the best instead of the one that's been on sale already- which I may or may not have kept track of.

It's a good idea to reward getting involved, but these specific votes should really be left to the people who would actually be interested in buying one of the three were it to go on sale, instead of encouraging everyone to vote ensuring the lowest sale price/highest popularity game wins each time.

Fwiw, I actually made a point to get home to my computer just to vote KR0. I don't think it'll win, but here's hoping anyways.

Neat - just got a Strike Suit Zero foil card. Now if only I could play the game. I hear audio but can only see a black screen.

Probably your firewall. Alt-tab around to see if your firewall blocks the game until you give permission. Mine did.

Tried that. Didn't work. :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Me. If you looking for yay/nay thing, it's yay from me. If you liked the first one, you sure will enjoy the second one. Plus the game has some style, that covers shitty graphics :)
btw got it on PS3 for like 30+ bucks, never regreted. Beat the game 4 times: once myself, thrice with friends

Thank you. I played the first, but never beat it. I played the MP demo of the second one, which was really fun. I doubt the community is still alive and kicking. Either way, interested in KL2 for the SP aspect of it.

louiedog

You can blame Valve rewarding votes for all the duplicate community choice winners. I know I'm guilty of it as well when I see 3 games I already own and vote for the one I think is the best instead of the one that's been on sale already- which I may or may not have kept track of.

It's a good idea to reward getting involved, but these specific votes should really be left to the people who would actually be interested in buying one of the three were it to go on sale, instead of encouraging everyone to vote ensuring the lowest sale price/highest popularity game wins each time.

Fwiw, I actually made a point to get home to my computer just to vote KR0. I don't think it'll win, but here's hoping anyways.

There should be an abstain option. There are times when I own all 3 or have no interest in buying any of them but can still make an informed vote based on what's already had a daily or what I think is a great price on a game that I feel others should play. But sometimes it's between three sports games or three sim games that I haven't paid attention to the prices on and know nothing about.

I've actually got 3 recurring alarms on my phone for this sale so when I'm out I get a reminder to vote and can do so from wherever I am. I'd rather not miss a vote but it's a bit hard to come into a thread like this to get opinions on where that vote should go when I have no clue or interest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Next Community Choice:

Rogue Legacy 75% off
Hotline Miami 75% off
FTL 75% off

Rogue Legacy would make SO MUCH money if they had even a 50% off sale on the last day. Probably not going to happen though, unfortunately.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the newly released FFVII and MK9 Komplete could get a 33% sale, why in the hell couldn't rogue legacy? So sad :(.

Mainly because Rogue Legacy was on kickstarter and the "pre-order" kickstarter price was $10. If they go any lower than $10 right now, they're going to have a metric ton of kickstarter backers pissed off at them.

spirity

Anyone here play Settlers 7 at all? Its on sale and I was wondering if it was any good. I looked for an OT but couldn't find one.

Quick question to those who also picked up Chivarly - was both the game and beta version added to your steam library? Is there a specific reason for this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If the newly released FFVII and MK9 Komplete could get a 33% sale, why in the hell couldn't rogue legacy? So sad :(.

The FF7 re-release itself first hit Squeenix's store about a year ago and MK9 Komplete is a port of a two-year-old game.

Speaking of Rogue Legacy, Tony on CAG said they are going to price match the steam sale and it'll be up in a few hours. So If you haven't used the 15% code yet you can get it for around 10 bucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dumb question but I'm unsure: deals will end tonight at 23:59 (11:59pm) or tomorrow same time?

t1374512400z4.png

traveler

Not Wario
Mainly because Rogue Legacy was on kickstarter and the "pre-order" kickstarter price was $10. If they go any lower than $10 right now, they're going to have a metric ton of kickstarter backers pissed off at them.

That may be true, but the prices of traditionally funded games drop like a rock in the PC environment; I don't think it's a healthy expectation for both backers and would be devs alike to hold crowd funded release pricing as some sacred standard and expect them to be exempt of the market forces behind the rest.

jshackles

That may be true, but the prices of traditionally funded games drop like a rock in the PC environment; I don't think it's a healthy expectation for both backers and would be devs alike to hold crowd funded release pricing as some sacred standard and expect them to be exempt of the market forces behind the rest.

While I agree with this completely, the game only came out on June 27th - less than 1 month ago. I think it's safe to say that most games, unless they tank BADLY (which this has not) don't go that deeply on sale within 30 days of their release.

derExperte

But RL was selling great right up to the summer sale. They don't need to reduce it further right now to get new sales and a weekend madness in a few weeks would be the better choice imo.

traveler

Not Wario
While I agree with this completely, the game only came out on June 27th - less than 1 month ago. I think it's safe to say that most games, unless they tank BADLY (which this has not) don't go that deeply on sale within 30 days of their release.

Yeah, I did not realize just how recent it was. I guess that's fair. It was just one of those titles I was vaguely aware going into the sale and expected to get once it got on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom