• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

What are Ubisoft thinking? They could easily put like a 60% off on older games (which are the ones I want anyway) for the duration of the sale, let alone flash and daily deals. 35% off is still too much. Anyway, there's still some hope left.

AHA-Lambda

Please everyone Vote Kentucky Route Zero.

YGyIFmH.png

GAF, I have given you my vote plenty of times, time to give me one.

This, return the favour gaf.

Prophane33

Okay, I officially do not have the patience for Dark Souls. I've died countless times on the Taurus Demon. I've put my 6 hours into this game and that's all I'm going to give. I'm glad I sold my 360 version, and now uninstalling the Steam version for good. Don't get me wrong. I understand how some people can like it (hell, my best friend has put 84 hours and counting) but I can claim with certainty that the main thing blocking my path is impatience/frustration. It's one thing if I was progressing while getting frustrated, it's another thing entirely being stuck in the same place for hours.

Edit: I will be giving Demon's Souls a chance on PS3 though (Since I got it free through PS+). Let this be a warning to those with impatience, this game ain't for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
007 over Rogue Legacy? What's wrong with you Saoirse!?

You probably already have Rogue Legacy huh?

Nah, not yet, but Dunder was offering it for $10 back when it was full price, so I'll pick it up during the post-Summer Sale lull.

Tony listed 007 Legends and its DLC as items to be included in Amazon's Summer Sale, but when the day rolled around this of course didn't happen and in the lead up to this he ignored those asking on CAG if the game was going to be discounted -- there was scepticism as Acti abandoned the James Bond license back in January. The game uses Steamworks so retail copies will activate on Steam, but the ones I've come across are more or less full price and even with the base game there's still no way to get the DLC (though, curiously, Acti did add Skyfall DLC to the game's Steam and retail subs a few months ago, which is why I had a ray of hope that it may have regained the Bond license or at least worked out something in regard to Legends specifically).

I also need to import the Limited/Special Edition of Legend of Pegasus as well as Star Trek DAC.

Amneisac

Okay, I officially do not have the patience for Dark Souls. I've died countless times on the Taurus Demon. I've put my 6 hours into this game and that's all I'm going to give. I'm glad I sold my 360 version, and now uninstalling the Steam version for good. Don't get me wrong. I understand how some people can like it (hell, my best friend has put 84 hours and counting) but I can claim with certainty that the main thing blocking my path is impatience/frustration. It's one thing if I was progressing while getting frustrated, it's another thing entirely being stuck in the same place for hours.

Edit: I will be giving Demon's Souls a chance on PS3 though (Since I got it free through PS+). Let this be a warning to those with impatience, this game ain't for you.

If it makes you feel any better, I think Demon's Souls is the better game. Good luck! These games really require a lot of cheesing and using guides and stuff. It's not really my favorite way to play so I've never gotten too into them either, but Demon's Souls is definitely my favorite of the two.

Amneisac

GAF - DO YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES? CAN THIS BE THE MOMENT? THE DEFINING MOMENT OF THE STEAM SUMMER SALE '13?! WILL KRZ WIN THE COMMUNITY VOTE!?!

I think it will be Evoland.

Tellaerin

I'm going to miss this thread when the sale's over.

The giveaways were nice (and some of you guys are incredibly generous), but the main thing that I'm going to miss is just hanging out and BS'ing with everybody. No debating, no contentious bullshit (for the most part), just folks talking and playing games and more or less getting along. This sale fell on a week where I was stuck in front of the PC in the summer heat, crunching on a project, and hanging out talking in the sale threads helped keep me sane.

Thanks, guys. You rock.

I'm looking for a title that was mentioned earlier. IIRC it's an early access game that had a 33% discount - although the developer said in the description that the price will increase.

I *think* it was space related, but I don't really remember - I just remember reading the description and thinking "oh that looks pretty cool".

It's a long shot, but can anyone here help me out with suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom