• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
damn

I know it's stupid, but the fact that it could have been $12.50 will keep me from buying it at the end of the sale. I'll just wait for it to hit that price in the future.

0263_fksn3.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I think Demon's Souls is the better game. Good luck! These games really require a lot of cheesing and using guides and stuff. It's not really my favorite way to play so I've never gotten too into them either, but Demon's Souls is definitely my favorite of the two.
I disagree that it requires a lot of cheese and guide use. The only thing that requires cheese in either game are the dragons if you want to get rid of them, they're optional but they basically require perching in a safe spot and pelting them with a hundred arrows which is pretty lame I'll agree. The only thing I used a guide for in either game was browsing the weapons and armour to know how I wanted to spec my character, otherwise I just went into it and played. The game is built with communal help in the form of messages that litter the landscape, and they often really help out in giving you a heads up or hint at how to approach something.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
May as well give it an impulse buy shot. Anybody left who wants Monaco that doesn't have it? Looking to fill 2 spots for a 4 pack.

To be honest, when I first saw the votes, my first reaction was to vote for Dragon Lair since Evoland already had sales and KR0 didn't even have a name on the picture. Thankfully I clicked on KR0's store page on corrected my vote but it looks like most people didn't if they were like just rush voting for free cards.

Tenrius

Okay, I officially do not have the patience for Dark Souls. I've died countless times on the Taurus Demon. I've put my 6 hours into this game and that's all I'm going to give. I'm glad I sold my 360 version, and now uninstalling the Steam version for good. Don't get me wrong. I understand how some people can like it (hell, my best friend has put 84 hours and counting) but I can claim with certainty that the main thing blocking my path is impatience/frustration. It's one thing if I was progressing while getting frustrated, it's another thing entirely being stuck in the same place for hours.

Edit: I will be giving Demon's Souls a chance on PS3 though (Since I got it free through PS+). Let this be a warning to those with impatience, this game ain't for you.

Six hours on Taurus Demon? Eh, that's WAY too much. And that fight is very easy, you just don't probably know how to do a plunging attack.

traveler

Not Wario
They are handling the community votes wrong. Without fail they always go for the cheapest shit. You need to have all 3 games be the same price.

Yeah, if they had 3 games of similar price each time that would help a lot. Also, what if they just didn't even list the discount? Here's 3 games and we'll discount one of them.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
majdnemmegsem.gif

I didn't expect Kentucky to actually win, but Dragon's Lair?
Huh...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Keeping my eye on the Rogue Legacy price at Amazon. If they match Steam and have a 15% coupon I'll bite.

My wife wants Heroes of Might and Magic VI. Thanks for telling me after it's already been on sale, honey. She doesn't get how this works. So I'm hoping it's an encore deal.

Tecl0n

Okay, I officially do not have the patience for Dark Souls. I've died countless times on the Taurus Demon. I've put my 6 hours into this game and that's all I'm going to give. I'm glad I sold my 360 version, and now uninstalling the Steam version for good. Don't get me wrong. I understand how some people can like it (hell, my best friend has put 84 hours and counting) but I can claim with certainty that the main thing blocking my path is impatience/frustration. It's one thing if I was progressing while getting frustrated, it's another thing entirely being stuck in the same place for hours.

Edit: I will be giving Demon's Souls a chance on PS3 though (Since I got it free through PS+). Let this be a warning to those with impatience, this game ain't for you.

Try looking behind you in that fight.

The morale of this story is that if you are making a new game, include the word "Dragon" in the title.

Anyone who voted for that should be made to sit and play it forever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, I didn't realize that Star Trek DAC had been taken off of Steam. There's a shop near me doing buy 1, get 2 free on a bunch of PC games (mostly crap jewel case garbage) but they have a few copies of DAC that I assume will register on Steam. Gonna have to head out there this afternoon and see what I can find.

I had no idea DAC was a retail title until recently. Given the game's a top-down shooter with rather average graphics I assumed it was DD-only. I just the few copies on eBay stick around long enough for me to buy one.

Tak3n

Banned
Keeping my eye on the Rogue Legacy price at Amazon. If they match Steam and have a 15% coupon I'll bite.

My wife wants Heroes of Might and Magic VI. Thanks for telling me after it's already been on sale, honey. She doesn't get how this works. So I'm hoping it's an encore deal.

I think GMG have a 30% discount voucher on that game

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had no idea DAC was a retail title until recently. Given the game's a top-down shooter with rather average graphics I assumed it was DD-only.

If I'm able to score multiple copies, I'll let you know. If you're interested I can sell you the code for Paypal bucks.

Tony said elsewhere that Rogue Legacy should be matched in a few hours. I would assume the coupon will work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom