• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

You can blame steam cards. I didn't really care for any of the three so I just picked dragon's lair at random for another card.

Tellaerin

Why should it being indie warrant a lower price?

Because all indie games are no-budget productions with lo-fi visuals and sound and gameplay out of a CS class circa 1995. Didn't you get the memo?

Seriously, some of the preconceptions about what it means for a game to be "indie" are kind of sad.

Tenrius

Did you guys seriously expected Dragon's Lair NOT to win? It's quite a famous game, while the other two games are largely unknown and the price is pretty good, too.

Lol. This is GAF upon hearing that the game they wanted didn't win the vote:

jcb-load-white-salt1-w640h480.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
4chan is manipulating the vote to troll us.. Right? Its the only explanation.

Dragon's Lair was a Greenlight game too. The Steam community has spoken loud and clear, and they want Dragon's Lair.

In theory.

As long as they don't actually have to buy or play it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Fuck. EvoLand was so close.
It was already a daily deal. And a couple of weeks before then, it was 50% off on Steam and GOG on separate occasions. :|

Everyone who voted for Dragon's Lair should be forced to buy it and play it 100% in one sitting to atone for their sins.
This sounds like hilarity. If only I was less of a miser...

traveler

Not Wario
I would be interested to see if Valve is tracking how many of the votes actually tie in to a buy of the game in question vs previous sales. They seem so interested in experimenting with the digital marketplace that I would not be surprised if they were; just wonder if we'll ever hear of any research to that effect.

MadSexual

My friend recently had a birthday, so I bought him The Binding of Isaac when it was on sale (because everyone should play this). He found The Book of Shadows and beat
Mom
on his second run... God damn.

Xater

I am glad I got Prison Architect even though it's not that cheap. Even at this Alpha stage it's a really cool game and it can basically only get better. Was totally worth it I think.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, if they had 3 games of similar price each time that would help a lot. Also, what if they just didn't even list the discount? Here's 3 games and we'll discount one of them.
This would have been better imo, not showing the price or how much it would be discounted for would have made the voting more interesting.

Prophane33

Six hours on Taurus Demon? Eh, that's WAY too much. And that fight is very easy, you just don't probably know how to do a plunging attack.

I've started out with a plunging attack, I've tried using my fire spell. I can get his health low, but I always ALWAYS die. I don't have the patience required for this game. I always try 3 or 4 times get angry and quit then try again the next day. Honestly, I can see how people can like it, the game seems interesting, but if I'm stuck for hours on the 2nd boss I don't see how I'm going to enjoy anything that comes afterwards (e.g. I'll just get stuck again on something harder). I mean, I enjoy a good difficult game (I like trying to 1CC danmaku shooters) but this one is not for me. I don't have the patience and/or skill set required for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's so special about KR0 anyway other than being "new"?

Also kinda lame that DL only has 1. It doesn't have the superior Dragon's Lair 2.

Echoplx

I want Trials but that will leave me with no money for any potential sales tomorrow, is it worth the current price? I've been stuck with crappy rip offs for years so it would be nice to have the real thing.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want that expedition conquistador game to be on sale in the next 15 minutes. I have faith!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Thank God I bought SSFIV: AE Complete when it was a Daily sale a couple weeks ago.

~$11 for the game + all costumes? Yes please.

Hopefully fellow SF GAFfers will be able to get a similar (or cheaper) price come November.

I'm looking for a title that was mentioned earlier. IIRC it's an early access game that had a 33% discount - although the developer said in the description that the price will increase.

I *think* it was space related, but I don't really remember - I just remember reading the description and thinking "oh that looks pretty cool".

It's a long shot, but can anyone here help me out with suggestions?

Kerbal Space Program or Prison Architect.

Found it!

Kenshi

ALL HOPE IS LOST

DISINSTALLING STEAM

GOODBYE GAF

Fuck everything.

Dear Steam community:

yT5rpyH.gif

Sincerely, DukeBobby

Dragons lair?Seriously? :(

Dragon's Lair lmao.

KR0 ended last. :|

Dragon's Lair won? Is this real life?

AHAHAHAHA Dragons Lair

fuck this planet

super close though.

Dragon's Lair is modern again, it's got all them QTEs people like.

dem percentages

Is Steam community the worst community in the world?

Yes, yes it is.

At least now everyone can experience the wonderful birthplace of the QTE and its rise from neat gimmick to boring, awful mechanic plaguing games everywhere.

No one even likes that game.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
I WANTED KRZ TO WIN!

Fucking Dragon's Lair, I hate you all

nMabO.gif

LOL who are these people that are making these votes. I troll voted and even I didnt vote for Dragons Lair.

Dragon's Lair? Fffuuu what?!

Everyone who voted for Dragon's Lair should be forced to buy it and play it 100% in one sitting to atone for their sins.

this is why we need an autocracy.

Wow, it even got last place. I hate the steam community so much.

I can do that with Space Ace, but not Dragon's Lair. :s

Dragons lair? Dragons lair?!? Really?

wahahahaha!

I'll buy KR0 right away nevertheless and show them. I'LL SHOW THEM ALL I TELL YA

That is gutting.

They are handling the community votes wrong. Without fail they always go for the cheapest shit. You need to have all 3 games be the same price.

I'd rather play Bad Rats than Dragon's Lair. I hated that game on the NES and I hate it even more now.

shit! what did just happened ?!?!?!

WTF !

Dragon's Lair was terrible when it was released 30 FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Still terrible.

So true. What a terrible "game"

majdnemmegsem.gif

I didn't expect Kentucky to actually win, but Dragon's Lair?
Huh...

JfHIy0z.gif

So salty about this and the Street Fighter vote. FUUUUU

The morale of this story is that if you are making a new game, include the word "Dragon" in the title.

Anyone who voted for that should be made to sit and play it forever.

The majority of the Steam community are probably teenagers who have no idea what Dragon's Lair is.

Dragons? VOTE VOTE VOTE.

sorry but it bears repeating, to everyone who voted Dragon's Lair

tumblr_m5clvmi4tC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

4chan is manipulating the vote to troll us.. Right? Its the only explanation.

I'VE HEARD OF DRAGON LIAR. IT IS AN OLD GAME I RECOGNIZE THE NAME LOL. VOTE VOTE VOTE

Steam community strikes again

and this is why a voting system doesn't work

I hate you all for not voting for KR0. :-(

9Qqo3oY.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
I'd actually like it if voting locked you into buying the game at the listed sale price if it wins the vote.

Or they tied the card reward to those who voted and purchased. But I think that's missing the point of what they want to do, which is provide some means of getting the cards without needing to spend money. What alternatives could they create to provide a rewards outlet besides this vote?

DukeBobby

What's so special about KR0 anyway other than being "new"?

This is what I said about it yesterday:

It's a point and click adventure game but without any puzzles. The game is all about atmosphere.

That may sound like a bad thing, but trust me, it isn't. It's incredibly surreal and ethereal, even poetic at times. It's as if David Lynch made an indie game. The visuals, sound, and writing are all superb and really make the game unique and unforgettable.

The term 'experience' gets thrown around (often negatively) a lot these days, but that is how I would describe it. The game is not for everybody, and I can imagine a lot of people hating it. But go into it with an open mind, and it might just resonate with you. The first two acts are out now, but the other 3 haven't been released yet. There was nearly a 6 month gap between the two, so unfortunately it could be a while until the rest of it is released.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Or they tied the card reward to those who voted and purchased. But I think that's missing the point of what they want to do, which is provide some means of getting the cards without needing to spend money. What alternatives could they create to provide a rewards outlet besides this vote?

They could have done something along the lines of "Sign in to Steam every day to get a new card" but admittedly it wouldn't be as fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom