• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torraz

Or they tied the card reward to those who voted and purchased. But I think that's missing the point of what they want to do, which is provide some means of getting the cards without needing to spend money. What alternatives could they create to provide a rewards outlet besides this vote?

Ingame activities in F2P games (TF 2 etc.), perhaps.

I have to admit that while Dragon's Lair winning came as no shock, the vote split is surprisingly close.

the split was interesting and showed there were hopefuls

I hope Kentucky Route Zero goes on sale at that price eventually.

community nominees usually appear in the sales proper even if they didn't win (eg dishonored lost the first vote of the sale and it eventually appeared) so that price should be a lock eventually

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'd complain about Dragon's Lair but it's not like I have any money left anyway
CreditCard.jpg

Nothing stops this sale.

cicero

Yeah, me too. I would've understood Evoland winning the vote, but bloody Dragon's Lair? I want to see the look on the faces of those buying the game and finding out it's one big QTE.

Because all, or even a majority, of those voting for it had absolutely no clue what it was before they voted? What an amusing assumption to make.

traveler

Not Wario
the split was interesting and showed there were hopefuls

community picks usually appear in the sales proper even if they didn't win (eg dishonored lost the first vote of the sale and it eventually appeared) so that price should be a lock eventually

Would agree normally, but there's basically 24 hours left. And they wouldn't discount it daily alongside a community vote it could have won. So unless it has back to back votes and somehow wins, I don't see it happening.

Because all, or even a majority, of those voting for it had absolutely no clue what it was before they voted? What an amusing assumption to make.

Anecdotal ftl or whatever, but I know quite a few people who are just voting randomly for the cards. With the rewards system in place, it's not that unreasonable an assumption to make.

mcnarnia

Neo Member
I think if Kentucky Route Zero had a better logo with its name spelled out, it would have won. :( At least that is what I am choosing to believe.

kudoboi

I am glad I got Prison Architect even though it's not that cheap. Even at this Alpha stage it's a really cool game and it can basically only get better. Was totally worth it I think.

i bought it at full price and regretted nothing. in fact i feel bad even paying 39 for it because i spent a lot more on the game than 39 bucks value

Would agree normally, but there's basically 24 hours left. And they wouldn't discount it daily alongside a community vote it could have won. So unless it has back to back votes and somehow wins, I don't see it happening.

Yeah I'm curious about today. Its widely expected to be repeat day, but there have been a few games that lost the community vote over the sale that have yet to resurface. I can't remember a previous sale where they didn't eventually show up, will this be the first?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm going to take a wild guess that today will be a recap of the 10 summer sale card games. I hope I'm wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I guess I'll go ahead and nab Rogue Legacy then.

Amazon is supposedly price matching the $11.99 price on Steam, and will also work with their 15% off coupon if you haven't already used it. Makes it about $10.19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom