• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Wow... no KR0. Is Dragon's Lair even good? I remember wanting to play it in the late 80's and early 90's, but I never had the chance to come across it in the arcades.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It can't hurt to wait 6-7 minutes just in case.

Celler said via its Twitter account that it was "90% sure" a deeper discount wasn't happening. Sure, there's wiggle room, but it's not as though Valve just selects games at random to feature in Flash Sales/as Community's Choice items.

cicero

Would agree normally, but there's basically 24 hours left. And they wouldn't discount it daily alongside a community vote it could have won. So unless it has back to back votes and somehow wins, I don't see it happening.

Anecdotal ftl or whatever, but I know quite a few people who are just voting randomly for the cards. With the rewards system in place, it's not that unreasonable an assumption to make.
Myself? I personally don't know anyone who has said that they had been voting blind just for cards and without any care as to what could possibly be for sale if it won. I don't find the assumption that "all, or even a majority, of those voting for it had absolutely no clue what it was before they voted" to be the reasonable one to make. If they have enough interest in Steam Summer Trading cards worth a whole $.10-15 and collecting them to make badges, or to sell to put more money into their wallets, then they likely have some interest in games in general, and further deals that might occur.

Slyjss

Mandatory:

Dawn_of_the_final_day-%2528n1304606931494%2529.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
"It’s the last day of the sale and we’ve brought back the most popular deals. Don’t miss out!"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's $14.99 on their site. :(

Tony on CAG (Amazon rep) said they put in for the price match but it'll be a few more hours until that price goes live.

mrgone

Wow... no KR0. Is Dragon's Lair even good? I remember wanting to play it in the late 80's and early 90's, but I never had the chance to come across it in the arcades.

Dragon's Lair winning is a perfect metaphor for all the terrible community votes. The attract mode is totally sweet, but the game was awful once you put your quarters in.

Oreoleo

Shit, I was kind of hoping Don't Starve would show up again. Finally heard enough murmuring about it being a good game over the course of the sale that I'm finally ready to give it a shot. Help me out here Gaben!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom