• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Returns Thursday June 27th

UnrealEck

I'm struggling to pick something. I just finished Shadow of the Erdtree and I need something to play on my week off work.
Looking at Rogue Trader but I know nothing about 40K and I'm not sure I can handle reading so much dialogue.
Thinking of trying Death Stranding again too. I played maybe 10-15 hours of it and it seemed unique and intriguing but I just stopped. I read it gets much better in Act 3.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This work on steam deck windows?
It does function correctly. There is overhead when generating the frames, obviously, and that means that in some titles the Deck struggles to double frames compared to a more robust PC. I tested FH5 and R&C Rift Apart and wasn't able to get from 30fps to 60fps even using the 2.1 performance mode. Hot Wheels Unleashed and Lies of P the Deck were able to double 30fps up to 60fps. My guess is that something like the Asus Ally would be kind of the minimum spec for use with modern titles.

Just my opinion, but I think Lossless Frame Gen is more useful on a powerful PC or laptop to get from 60fps to 120fps, or to use to get locked emulated or old games up to 60fps or 120fps.

Last edited:

manfestival

What is sad is that there are so many games that I have that I do want to buy but I barely have the time to play the single player ones since my friends all want to do mulitplayer all the time whenever I am on and have any free time to game :(

Top Bottom