• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Returns Thursday June 27th

Needlecrash

Got some stuff I wanted to try, some double-dips and couldn’t wait any longer to play Devil Blade.
aLzS201.jpeg
Devil Blade is really good for sure. Love it.

Played Disco Elysium on PS+ but might pick it up on PC for $4, that's a great deal. Holding off on BG3 because my backlog, by the time I'm actually ready to play it will be $20 or under. I still haven't played The Witcher 3...

Ugh, I really wish I could find a good JRPG to get on sale, but I have no idea what to get. I feel like I've play most of the really good ones already, so even when I look up lists of "best jrpgs on steam", it always gives me a list of things I've already finished. The only exception is maybe the Trails series, which is just...a huge commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Ugh, I really wish I could find a good JRPG to get on sale, but I have no idea what to get. I feel like I've play most of the really good ones already, so even when I look up lists of "best jrpgs on steam", it always gives me a list of things I've already finished. The only exception is maybe the Trails series, which is just...a huge commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready for.
here's some less known stuff i liked:

Some others i want to play at some point that seem well liked:

Quasicat

I don't have much / any EA stuff on PC. I know other launchers are dumb and annoying but what's actually wrong with it?
On steam deck, you have to go through a few steps in order to get it to load properly in game mode. It never seems to remember my password, and since I use two factor authentication, I have to login every time I want to play Mass Effect trilogy. I would imagine there’s an easier way to do it, and it probably wouldn’t affect you all that much if you’re using windows over SteamOS.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Do it. You know you want to.

On steam deck, you have to go through a few steps in order to get it to load properly in game mode. It never seems to remember my password, and since I use two factor authentication, I have to login every time I want to play Mass Effect trilogy. I would imagine there’s an easier way to do it, and it probably wouldn’t affect you all that much if you’re using windows over SteamOS.
Thanks yeah that definitely seems annoying but maybe I'll be ok since I'm just using a PC.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I want to buy an old-school-Atari-type arcade space shooter game.

Something like the following picture, but obviously more with modern-day visuals, skills, progression, etc.

screen_14a.png

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

GymWolf

Gold Member
I haven't bought shit yet, kinda interested in prototype 2 that i never played but i heard it's stupidly easy and they removed abilities from the first one? Is it true?

Holammer

I want to buy an old-school-Atari-type arcade space shooter game.

Something like the following picture, but obviously more with modern-day visuals, skills, progression, etc.

screen_14a.png

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
That's simultaneously a incredibly detailed & vague criteria. What even is an "old-school-atari-type" game? A single screen shooter like Space Invaders or Galega? Or a vertically scrolling shooter?

Best I can come up with is Sky Force: Reloaded. It checks the 'modern-day visual', 'skills' & 'progression' boxes. It's a pretty soft euro-shooter that's accessible to everyone, but there's no ongoing discount anywhere.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Have any of you played the Steam version of the original ff7?
Looks like it requires some kind of internet connection or auth that people complain about? Also, seems to have a bug where everyone’s mouth is wide open unless you use a mod?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Tempted to get:

But afraid I'd never finish it.

Not sure if it's something I dig in

Kena is pretty cheap but P5 and AC6 still pretty pricey.
I highly recommend persona 5 Royal even if it takes you like 6 months. One of the greatest games I’ve ever played and was my intro the series.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have you played the Grandia games? They are on Steam and I believe they are pretty good JRPGs. Thing is, I don't know how good those versions are, or if it might be better to stick to the originals on Saturn/Dreamcast.

Edit: well, first review of the first game claims it's a shit port, and the games aren't even on sale? wtf :goog_relieved:

Still, you should check out the Grandia games, 1 and 2 at the very least.

Last edited:

Holammer

Grabbed a few games from my wishlist and Forza Horizon 4's Ultimate Edition because it's getting delisted come December.

Rivdoric

EA App is so unbearable, i mean absolutely unbearable, i really wonder if i should double-dip to get the games i have on EA App on Steam.
All of them will still require to launch EA App/Origin through steam but at least i'll get working store, download through steam and good library functions.
I swear even Ubisoft Connect is a paradise compared to that crap.
The only downside of that operation is that i'll give EA another $100 just to get rid of them, the irony.

Last edited:

Holammer

Wanted to install Forza 4 and give it a try, but all my disks are filled to the brim, so I ordered a cheap 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVMe.
Even Steam is installed on an old physical disk (let's call it a legacy problem), so it's about time.

amigastar

Wanted to install Forza 4 and give it a try, but all my disks are filled to the brim, so I ordered a cheap 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVMe.
Even Steam is installed on an old physical disk (let's call it a legacy problem), so it's about time.
I have an 1tb ssd, it would be time to upgrade it with a 2tb SSD.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jesus Square Enix, why don't you ever put Dragon Quest Heroes 1 or 2 on sale? Like, ever?

I mean if you skip everything, you’re still looking at something like 70h+
Yeah, I think ~70hours is about right. I just went through Persona 3 Reload and Persona 4 Golden and got the "best" endings in both in around 60 hours for each. I didn't "skip" anything but did speed-read and advanced the dialogues as soon as I grokked them.

My lifestyle provides me with enough free time that these games are great (another way of saying I don't have a family of my own), so these games are 100% gravy.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's simultaneously a incredibly detailed & vague criteria. What even is an "old-school-atari-type" game? A single screen shooter like Space Invaders or Galega? Or a vertically scrolling shooter?

Best I can come up with is Sky Force: Reloaded. It checks the 'modern-day visual', 'skills' & 'progression' boxes. It's a pretty soft euro-shooter that's accessible to everyone, but there's no ongoing discount anywhere.

This is pretty close to what I was looking for. Thank you, kind sir!

Jesb

EA App is so unbearable, i mean absolutely unbearable, i really wonder if i should double-dip to get the games i have on EA App on Steam.
All of them will still require to launch EA App/Origin through steam but at least i'll get working store, download through steam and good library functions.
I swear even Ubisoft Connect is a paradise compared to that crap.
The only downside of that operation is that i'll give EA another $100 just to get rid of them, the irony.
I been thinking about doing this with games already on gamepass and just buy them on steam for games I like. I use gfn and I have to enter my email for every game I wanna play. But steam games just launch without ever asking me for anything for some reason.

Top Bottom