• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

This is my first steam sale, so I am not sure how this works.
Some offers say they end on the 23rd.
Does that mean I need to buy them by 23:59 on the 22nd, or by 23:59 on the 23rd itself?
Guessing 22nd 23:59.

No reason to leave it that late though. Unless of you're away.

Wtf...

Just wanted to charge my steamwallet, paysafecard says "Paid, redirecting you back to steam" (something like that)...
Then on steam it says: "There was an error. Please contact Steam support."

I did...

How long it usually takes for them to answer, especially on sales-time??? I just wanted to buy Chantelise and Fortune Summoner...
From my experience during the Christmas sale? A week, at least.

SparkTR

Thinking of getting the Thief Bundle, Total War pack, and Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity.

Is Trinty suppose to be a collection of games? If so what games?

Also, I never played Total War, should i just get the older ones to save some money and get the newer ones later if I like it? Or just buy everything?

Trinity is everything in the previous games, plus a bunch of new content and graphics upgrades. If you're new to the TW series just get Shogun 2/Fall of the Samurai, it's the most polished and looks fantastic. You can't go wrong with any though.

Deadstar

For you folks buying Stalker, Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are both great, only buy Clear Sky if you're really into it.

And you'll want to get the corresponding "Complete Mod" for each game.

Just downloaded these. Awesome! Seems like they really transform the game.

Eusis

Wasn't Crysis 2 removed from Steam? Why is it back here =S
Complete edition that has all the DLC, making the DLC disagreements a moot point.

How do the Thief games run on Windows 7 through Steam? Any problems I can anticipate and easily solve? That's the main thing holding me back, I'd like the most headache free version and I suspect that's the GOG version, but if it's fixed up on Steam or a relative non-issue I'll bite on this sale.

MRORANGE

Wasn't Crysis 2 removed from Steam? Why is it back here =S

Crytek owns Crysis IP, not EA, they could put it back up once all DLC was included with the game (not available to Steam on EA's behalf I presume ).

EA can do the same as well for their games, but yeah....

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Will I get a Gift copy of Reccetear if I buy the Carpe bundle?

For people asking about Recettear, Chantelise, and Fortune Summoners:

All three are very different, with their title cluing into what they're about. All three are good though if the core mechanic looks good to you, as I can tell you all three execute their ideas very well and have a lot of charm and content, and each is pretty challenging.

Chantelise is a dungeon crawler where you have a focus on collecting gems for spells and combining them for stronger spells and executing them well. The combat is a more strategic hack'n'slash and requires strategy, with some pretty fun bosses.

Recettear has a focus on running an item shop and can be pretty addicting as you try to stock up, hire adventurers to raid dungeons (you control hired adventurers), barter, and more. Pretty fun and unique core mechanic.

Fortune Summoners is a platformer RPG that has a focus on summoning things to do various tasks for you and has more of a retro platformer feel to it with a fairly fun mechanic hook and RPG elements.

All three are worth your time if they look interesting to you, especially at this price.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I really wish we would see some new games, even if they are just unknown indie games or any game for that matter (hell, looking at you Mass Effect). We are now seeing games for a THIRD time (maybe 4th?) when there are so many games that havent been listed at all or need to go actually on sale and not left up to the community to jack it up (obviously refering to Krater).

MNC

Buying Rebellion because SteamWorks multiplayer and I promised a friend. :/ This hurts my budget so! Every game below 10 euros, and now 23 euros for sins! Rebellion better have alot of additions.

metalshade

Guessing 22nd 23:59.

No reason to leave it that late though. Unless of you're away.
Well I am holding off for if they go on daily or community or flash first lol.
The games I am waiting for are:
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy.
Far Cry 1.
Beyond Good & Evil.
I know they are already reduced and cheap, but is there any chance that they will go on any of the other types of sales?
I really can't afford much at all.

Megasoum

Banned
Listening to the Bombcast and the terraria talks I really wish Minecraft was on Steam (and on sale...cause FFS 27$? really??). I did buy Terraria but I dunno, couldn't really get hooked. It's just a bit too clunky for me.

Katoki

I like how everything in the Carpe Fulgur pack is 75% off anyway so you save $0.04! At least I don't have to pay for the last bit of the pack if I don't want to. Only really convinced with everything but Fortune Summoners.

HoosTrax

Because all the DLC is out now, so there's no need to buy it through EA.
I thought the real reason was that Crytek decided they wanted it on Steam and they made the game compliant with Steam policies. There are no plans for any further content for Dragon Age 2 that I'm aware of (the expansion was scrapped) -- Bioware just hasn't felt like offering a complete pack or whatever, thus it can't be sold as is.

Hi guys, sorry this is a repeat question. But should I expect hot pursuit to keep my progress across multiple installs? I was hoping when I logged into ea/autolog that it would do that, but I have installed on my desktop and laptop and it seems that it doesn't persist.

I like how everything in the Carpe Fulgur pack is 75% off anyway so you save $0.04! At least I don't have to pay for the last bit of the pack if I don't want to. Only really convinced with everything but Fortune Summoners.

Yeah, I saw that discount, I ended up where you are, I picked up everything but Fortune Summoners.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crytek owns Crysis IP, not EA, they could put it back up once all DLC was included with the game (not available to Steam on EA's behalf I presume ).

EA can do the same as well for their games, but yeah....
I thought the real reason was that Crytek decided they wanted it on Steam and they made the game compliant with Steam policies. There are no plans for any further content for Dragon Age 2 that I'm aware of (the expansion was scrapped) -- Bioware just hasn't felt like offering a complete pack or whatever, thus it can't be sold as is.

This is often mentioned, but EA is publishing the Maximum Edition on Steam.

Edit: As well as Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

MRORANGE

Hi guys, sorry this is a repeat question. But should I expect hot pursuit to keep my progress across multiple installs? I was hoping when I logged into ea/autolog that it would do that, but I have installed on my desktop and laptop and it seems that it doesn't persist.

Couldn't get it to work either.

Enco

Well I am holding off for if they go on daily or community or flash first lol.
The games I am waiting for are:
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy.
Far Cry 1.
Beyond Good & Evil.
I know they are already reduced and cheap, but is there any chance that they will go on any of the other types of sales?
I really can't afford much at all.
I'm sure all those games have already been a flash or vote or something.

They might go on sale again do yea I suppose waiting until the 22nd might be good. You'll know if it's the last day because there will probably be a huge sale.

Crayons

Banned

They really need to put DA2 back on Steam. I can imagine EA is getting crappy sales on Origin. They should make a complete pack.

Thinking of picking up Thief II. Looks neat.

Aaand bought Bastion.

My very first steam sale. So far:

- Bastion,
- Ys Origin,
- Breath of Death VII,
- Cthulhu Saves the World,
- Binding of Isaac + DLC.

Plans:
- Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! SP,
- Scrathes,
- Ys: Oath in Felghana.

New to Steam and no friends, so please add me! Nickname: robotnikus.

I like your taste in games. Added you!

I'm icevalkyrie, if anyone would like to add me :]

Complete edition that has all the DLC, making the DLC disagreements a moot point.

How do the Thief games run on Windows 7 through Steam? Any problems I can anticipate and easily solve? That's the main thing holding me back, I'd like the most headache free version and I suspect that's the GOG version, but if it's fixed up on Steam or a relative non-issue I'll bite on this sale.

As always check PC Gaming Wiki for that kind of information.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Picked up Fortune Summoners, Need for Speed, and the Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII pack.

MRORANGE

This is often mentioned, but EA is publishing the Maximum Edition on Steam.

Edit: As well as Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

Yeah, forgot to mention that Crytek is part of the EA Partners Program.

Still doesn't explain why Crysis 2 is so linear :|

jono51

Banned
So... stalker guys... Whole franchise worth it? Or just the newest one? Thoughts? Opinions? Help throw my monies away?

...gaben

I'd recommend SoC if you just want one. I preferred the more oppressive/isolated atmosphere in it, as well as the smaller, more numerous maps compared to CoP's 3 large ones. I think its strikes a pretty nice balance between being "linear" in a sense that if you want you can just play through the story and be done with it, yet still being open enough to leave a lot to see should you just want to go off at any point and explore, hunt for artifacts or w/e. I'd leave Clear Sky until you've played SoC & CoP. Its more a mix of a few maps from SoC (some redone) and a few new ones. Its definitely the weakest of the series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, forgot to mention that Crytek is part of the EA Partners Program.

Still doesn't explain why Crysis 2 is so linear :|

True, but my point is that Crytek hasn't exercised the fact that it owns the IP; the company has always seen fit to let EA handle the publishing side, be it retail or digital. If Crytek wanted Crysis 2 on Steam, the game wouldn't have been removed in the first place.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is Dead Space 2 worth getting? Is it better then the first game?

Dennis

Banned
Bought very little since Day 1 of the sale.

Thats the problem - already owning most of the good games.

Waiting for deal on Ys: Oath in Falagasomething

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom