• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Random question: I got Witcher 2 a few days ago and haven't played it yet, and yesterday my 360 gamepad arrived. Should I go KBM or gamepad?

sazzy

I thought the Steam client was a buggy piece of shit.

Holy hell the Android app is 10x worse, with 10x amount of shit bugs. Yes, shit bugs.

I can't for the life me understand why Valve doesnt hire competent people for the client and app.

I'm interested in checking out STALKER.

Is the Complete mod hard/difficult to install? I have tons of experience modding Skyrim, FNV, and Oblivion, but thats easy to install mods and manage them.

Is it like an .exe that you run once to "patch" the game up?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
that age of empires online deal is so disappointing. You'd think they'd at least put a civilization on sale. Oh well, its for the best. I would have been bored doing the F2P grind either way on that game.

Has anyone ever played Railworks 3? I just always notice the insanely high DLC (due to licensing I understand), but for 3-7 bucks. It's not a big deal if I don't like it.

Steam sale while being employed full time ...awesome. These sales drove me crazy when I was broke ass college student.

True, but luckily I only got my big ass (and currently broken) gaming Rig last year. I figure even when I can't play them for a while, these prices are just too damn low.

Random question: I got Witcher 2 a few days ago and haven't played it yet, and yesterday my 360 gamepad arrived. Should I go KBM or gamepad?

A gamepad is fine for Witcher 2, but you are going to have easier access to all your stuff with kb/m. My suggestion is play the game for a while with both and just pick after that. There is no sure answer with that game.

Revven

I caved and bought the GTA Complete Pack... despite GTAIV + Episodes from Liberty City being on GFWL.

I feel... weird. Is that normal?

I've only bought:
SSFIV AE
Just Cause 2 + a few DLC
GTA Complete Pack

I guess that's not too bad.

inky

Meh, I'll buy Recettear when it's <$5.

I'm still bitter I missed that bundle that had it + some other games for about that price.

RoadDogg

I hope Just Cause 2 comes back up at $2.50 since I wasn't buy a computer when it was on sale. I also hope Far Cry 2 gets the 75% off it should have gotten when it was a voted game. Those are the only deals I have seen so far I wanted to buy

Carm

I was bored, so I threw a video up showing the 3 vehicles in the Genki Girl Pack. The car and buggy actually have nitrous before you unlock that upgrade. I'm not sure if any other cars have that, maybe nyghtblade one. The bike shoots fire.

http://youtu.be/EU1VWC8oF8Y?hd=1

Came out kinda low quality, I need to fiddle with Vegas some more.

Tess3ract

Banned
Call of Pripyat is the best stalker imo

Is the Complete mod hard/difficult to install? I have tons of experience modding Skyrim, FNV, and Oblivion, but thats easy to install mods and manage them.

Yes.

I'd go with Keyboard and mouse. I'm not familiar with the xbox360 controls, but if the signs are mapped to the D-Pad, it'd be difficult (at least with my xbox360 controller, the D-pad is just awful. just awful).

So far I've bought

-Dear Esther (ran through it, loved it)
-Half-Life 1 Anthology (played a long time ago)
-Rage (playing now, loving it)
-Bioshock 2
-Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
-Company of Heroes

For about $27. I think I'm done for the rest of the year. Maybe forever.

I caved and bought the GTA Complete Pack... despite GTAIV + Episodes from Liberty City being on GFWL.

I feel... weird. Is that normal?

I've only bought:
SSFIV AE
Just Cause 2 + a few DLC
GTA Complete Pack

I guess that's not too bad.

SSFIV AE owner? add me on Steam

this goes to any SSFIV players here. I'm noob. But I still would like to play/learn with some of y'all.

Smash88

Banned
Looks like Hot Pursuit won.

cr_04009_01_v6.jpg

Once
majority
GAF votes for something it's bound to lose.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Easy.

I remember having to run all sorts of things and screwing around with load order for Fallout3.

Install Stalker, run once, then run complete.exe.

Damage so far:

Chantelise
Batman Arkham City DLC
RAGE
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Cave Story+
Orcs Must Die DLC (can't wait for the sequel)
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Trine 2
Legend of Grimrock

All for sub $50. Might pick up one or two things before the sale is over but close to being done. STEAM is fucking awesome.

Kaladin

Bought LA Noir this time around.....and I'm done.....someone needs to revoke my Steam buying privileges for the rest of the week.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I was planning on buying the Ubisoft pack at the end, but now thinking about it I really just want Rayman Origins. Hopefully that goes back on sale before the end.

evilhomer

Hmm I think today is the day I go to gamestop and take advantage of the trade-in steam bonus...too many things I want to get but seeing all these transactions on my debit card is going to start to get silly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm disappointed that the Dear Esther OST isn't available as a separate item. In fact, I'm rather certain that the game + OST bundle wasn't available back when the game first went on sale earlier in the year.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone know how well the Thief games work without much trouble Windows 7? Only reason being the GOG versions are made to work whereas steam is spotty when it comes to older games working on modern systems.

Easy.

I remember having to run all sorts of things and screwing around with load order for Fallout3.

Install Stalker, run once, then run complete.exe.

Awesome.

Yeah, I'm just really experience with modding the Betheseda games (FNV, FO3, Skyrim, etc).

Modding minecraft (client side), looks scary though. I make mod reviews for Skyrim, and was thinking about going to Minecraft mod reviews/spotlights, but installing and managing those just look sketchy.

Instead of that mess, I'll do a mod review/spotlight of the Complete mod for STALKER, and I'm aware of some other mods for STALKER as well. yay me. Niche market GO

Milamber

If any US Gaffer is planning on buying Reccetear right now please buy NFS: Hot Pursuit as a gift instead. We'll trade with my copy of Reccetear with NFS.

For some reason the moment it hit 75% off they raised the price of the game in my region to $49.99 instead of $19.99. Thanks.

Ive bought so much from this sale, the damage is getting to the point where Id feel silly posting the list!

Just got done with trying Killing Floor! I really like it, but its very hard it seems, solo at least.

Are you looking for DLC? The base game is on sale in a pack on Amazon for $12.49 here, all redeemable on Steam.

I was probably waiting to see if Steam puts up the base game plus the DLC on sale again for $12.49 before likely jumping on that Paradox pack on Amazon. Although, is the DLC for CK2 anything to write home about?

Yes see! Thank you, this guys knows what's up.

*STALKER HATE CLUB*

I'm in the STALKER HATE CLUB as well, but it's one of those games that I kinda encourage folks to still try (especially for $3.74) and see what they think themselves. It does a lot of really cool and really original things and I'd love to reward it for that, but it was just to dang janky for me. Bugs and glitches all over the place, even with the newest Complete mod. And honestly I found the AI for the combat encounters to be pretty poor. The guns felt good but enemies kept reacting oddly, getting stuck in logic loops or just poorly chasing after me for most of the wildlife. Very fetch questy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom