• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM4sure

Banned
I bought stalker during the last sale. I don't like it. It's a lot of running around and a lot of loading. For an older game it runs like garbage on newer machines.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Alright. Down to $1.43. Sale is basically over for me. Pretty nice haul, I think.

ck78E.png

1-D_FTW

Is Dead Space 2 worth getting? Is it better then the first game?

It's more CoDified (whether you consider that a good thing is up to you). Is it better? Not in my opinion. Still worth getting and playing though (because it hasn't been completely corrupted by this shift... they're saving that for DS 3).

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone gift that "playing" fucker some Bad Rats ASAP.

So far I've got (rounded up)
Alan Wake CE - 3$
Saints Row The Third DLC - 8$
M&B pack for a friend - 9$
Dear Esther + OST - 4$
Dungeon Siege III DLC - 3$
Thief pack for a friend - 7$
Recettear - 5$
Total - 39$

There's still like a week left, right? Oh my god...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I envy all of you Episode Two virgins.

Edit: Well, that was a grossly ambiguous initial post.

MRORANGE

True, but my point is that Crytek hasn't exercised the fact that it owns the IP; the company has always seen fit to let EA handle the publishing side, be it retail or digital. If Crytek wanted Crysis 2 on Steam, the game wouldn't have been removed in the first place.

I guess there are certain give and takes on the IP right's on what Crytek / EA can do.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's more CoDified (whether you consider that a good thing is up to you). Is it better? Not in my opinion. Still worth getting and playing though (because it hasn't been completely corrupted by this shift... they're saving that for DS 3).

Thanks. I think I'll pick it up.

Dr.Acula

Banned
4rzbn.jpg

My Shadow of Chornobyl is only showing like 14 hours, but it's likely I played that one for even longer.

In my mind, it's what Fallout3 should have been. just one of the most interesting open worlds I've played. There is some fast-travel in the game with the complete mod, but sometimes its better to trek across the map. You're run into bandits, monsters, get caught in zone events, fantastic.

Is it buggy? Less buggy than Fallout3. As buggy as Skyrim. I would install the complete mod to play this, but I also installed texture mods for Fallout3 and Skyrim. Pretty much any game benefits from gfx mods.

Oh yeah, the other thing I love about this game? You need to eat, bullets have weight, bleeding is different than health, is different than radiation exposure, guns jam, stalkers by campfires playing guitar. Just little details! It feels like a real CRPG, rather than something that was designed with a console SKU.

... and done and done. There. I am finished with this sale.

Casualties: ~$50

Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Armed and Dangerous
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Indy Bundle 3
Alan Wake franchise
Bioshock 2
Pixeljunk Eden
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

There got everything I wanted and then some. Fuck you, steam. I am done! (goddamn it STALKER looks so tempting...)

metalshade

I'm sure all those games have already been a flash or vote or something.

They might go on sale again do yea I suppose waiting until the 22nd might be good. You'll know if it's the last day because there will probably be a huge sale.

E.Y.E lost a community vote
Far Cry 1 was in a pack with Far Cry 2 that I didn't want
Nothing for BG&E though.

Guess I will have to wait yeah.
Would be so annoying to miss out on some good games at the end of the sale just because I am £1 short.

Addnan

I want to buy this indie bundle since it has QUBE and Vessel. How are the other games in it?

Also is Thief 2 the one to get if I can only buy one?

HoosTrax

If I want the full SR3 experience, all of the content that's available with no duplicate DLCs, then is "Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack" what I'm looking for?

(Civ V is another one where it confuses the heck out of me which pieces I need to get all of the content available)

Stalker: CoP

I thought the STALKER games were supposed to be dark, gloomy, and atmospheric. Not bright and cheery.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
looks good to me. i just want the lego games and KOA now...

Yeah, about that:

EA publishes the retail and non-Steam DD versions, while the Steam version was (well, as far as Steam itself is concerned, still is) self-published by the now-dead 38 Studios.

Edit: That is why I've been saying I'm not looking forward to having to buy the DLC at full price. KoA going on sale is extremely unlikely since DD discounts have be to greenlighted by publishers, so unless Valve has been chatting with the state of Rhode Island[/Delaware?], it's not going to happen. :(

Edit: And about the Lego games:

I hope so, but the Batman and Harry Potter titles are published by WB, while the rest (i.e. Star Wars and Indy) are published by LucasArts, so they won't all be heavily discounted at the same time, which is a pity. This is also likely the reason why there's no compilation of the games.

Enco

Yes see! Thank you, this guys knows what's up.

*STALKER HATE CLUB*
I tried it before and found it very boring.

For some reason I wanted to give it a shot again in this sale but after some YouTube videos I've decided against it. Got plenty of games anyway.

Someone gift that "playing" fucker some Bad Rats ASAP.

So far I've got (rounded up)
Alan Wake CE - 3$
Saints Row The Third DLC - 8$
M&B pack for a friend - 9$
Dear Esther + OST - 4$
Dungeon Siege III DLC - 3$
Thief pack for a friend - 7$
Recettear - 5$
Total - 39$

There's still like a week left, right? Oh my god...
Alan Wake was that cheap at one point? FUCK

BRB, buying the Thief pack and Chantelise.

justjim89

Damn it, I need help. I have a fiver left to play with. Should I get:

1. A STALKER game? If so, which one?

or

2. A Thief game? If so, which one?

Need some recommendations, good folks.

InertiaXr

Is Sins: Trinity something you can play by yourself or do you need to play online with others since its apparently an RTS? I'd get it if the single player is worthwhile like Civ4/Total War...

Is Dead Space 2 worth getting? Is it better then the first game?
Dead Space is far better than the second one. The second one basically becomes a series of hallways marked by scares around the corners and it gets old halfway through the game.

It's not terrible, but I guess it's worth five bucks.

Tobinishi

Bought the Stalker Bundle. In which order should i play them?

Damage so far:

Stalker Bundle
Trine Bundle
Metro 2033
Portal 2
Amnesia
Football Manager
Halflife + Halflife 2 Episode 2
The Witcher

Plus add me ;) Steam ID tobinishi

I want to buy this indie bundle since it has QUBE and Vessel. How are the other games in it?

Also is Thief 2 the one to get if I can only buy one?

Dungeons of Dredmor is pretty good, accessible roguelike
Never played Avadon, but I think people also like it (old school RPG?)

Damn it, I need help. I have a fiver left to play with. Should I get:

1. A STALKER game? If so, which one?

Need some recommendations, good folks.

Yes. I'd start with Shadow of Chernobyl. If you want more STALKER, you can get Call of Pripyat with the loyalty discount.

Alan Wake was that cheap at one point? FUCK

He just got the Collector's Edition extras I think. Alan Wake was 75% off, so the CE (with the base game) was 8 USD/EUR. The franchise collection was 9 USD/EUR.

HoosTrax

Dead Space is far better than the second one. The second one basically becomes a series of hallways marked by scares around the corners and it gets old halfway through the game.

It's not terrible, but I guess it's worth five bucks.
That sounds like Mass Effect 2, where the combat sequences were so predictable and formulaic. Any time you came up on a random stack of crates, you just knew that there was a scripted "enemies pour forth" event coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom