• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukker

Ive bought so much from this sale, the damage is getting to the point where Id feel silly posting the list!

Just got done with trying Killing Floor! I really like it, but its very hard it seems, solo at least.

You should post it, cant be worse than mine ;D. I spend over 100 already so far lol.

Double

Um... I'm very interested in Age of Empires Online... but can you play it... Offline XD? Like, is there a campaign?
The whole game is completely free and yeah, there is a campagin but i guess you have to be online for it but i guess again thats not your question.

The daily deal seems really shitty. Just get the game over at its own site if you want. I played the beta and i kinda liked it.

Morokh

Damage so far :

- Double Fine Bundle
kind of an impulse buy, i doubt i'll ever play those to completion

- Binding of Isaac Bundle
a friend was VERY insistant about me trying it these last few days

- Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
One of the only things I was Really looking forward during this sale

- Saints Row: The Third - Genki Girl Pack
paid full price ... but thought what the hell, even with that the pack was cheaper than the game full price ... but now this DLC is on sale !!!!!! >_<

Could've fallen for all the Dungeon Defenders dlc's earlier today but I was a bit late to sort through them to see the ones i already own, and i've not played the game that much.

I may grab Deus Ex if it goes back on sale, and Krater too, and i'm hoping for something on Kingdoms of Amalur but seeing it doesn't have any kind of small discount yet does not give me much hope.

inky

Um... I'm very interested in Age of Empires Online... but can you play it... Offline XD? Like, is there a campaign?

Always online game, but there's enough Single Player stuff to do. Don't expect a story based historical campaign like AoE 2 tho, it's just a collection of missions to grow your capital city/improve your tech tree (although there's a semblance of a narrative thread). You'll have to buy a Civilization first with their in-game currency, so 10 bucks worth of "Empire Points" and those are not discounted.

The pack that is on sale is a bunch of cosmetics and 1 time use consumables only.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm having the same issue with this sale as I did with the past few sales: I have nearly every game I want. Others just don't look very interesting to me, and I'm really good about not buying shit just so I could buy shit.

So my total haul for the sale is very modest:

Dear Esther - $2.49
Legend of Grimrock - $5.99

Total: $8.48

Thinking about picking up Thief: Deadly Shadows and Hard Reset, though. Can't think of any other game that I want for the rest of the sale.

Chill! How hard can it be? I'm a professional at these!

16UaG.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dear Esther passed the 250k sales mark

https://twitter.com/jessicacurry2/statuses/225658984932179968

Overwhelmed and genuinely stunned that we've passed the 250,000 mark in sales of #dearesther. Thank you thank you thank you.

https://twitter.com/jessicacurry2/statuses/225659448436338688

before release @danpinchbeck and I said that we'd be jumping for joy if we sold 20,000 copies. It's like a dream come true &#8234;#dearesther

Be a pal and tweet Dan, asking -- nay, telling him to put up the Dear Esther OST on Steam as DLC.

Edit: Fluffy's on the case.

Grizza

I held off for a little over 24 hours, but that GTA Complete Package is too good of a deal to pass on. The fact that today's deals are stuff that I already have or am not interested in helped too.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So uh... Reccettear. Can anyone convince me to buy it? I used to love JRPGs, but I don't like dumb weeaboo shit. So I seem to be at odds with the game. What's good about it?

Kaladin

The damage so far......and I pray the final total.

Assassin's Creed Pack = $34.99
Cities XL 2012 = $9.99
Dead Island Complete = $16.99
Eschalon: Book I = $2.49
Eschalon: Book II = $3.74
L.A. Noir: The Complete Edition = $7.49
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack = $24.99
The Walking Dead = $14.99
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition = $15.99
Total = $131.66

It's insane when you realize that everything on this list would normally total $443.80 including all the DLC that I bought in the packs.

Yeah that's what I'm seeing to. Figured Thief 1 and 2 would have problems.

edit:Well sounds like the fan mods/patches get it working even on the Steam version.

Yeah, digging through that stickied thread as the SPUF as well. I think I'll buy both on Steam if the fan patches make the games function. The HD texture packs don't hurt either.

If anyone is on the fence for Dear Esther.

Buy it.

Played it last night, made a Let's Play (more like a Let's Watch) out of it, and it was really fun to play. The story had me confused at all points, but after I "beat" it for the first time, I played it again and understood a lot more about it.

The environments are gorgeous, narrator's voice is heavenly, the ending is amazing, and overall, was very, very well done.

I had the game maxed out on every detail on 1080p, and took TONS of screenshots, for no other reason than to justify how beautiful the game is.

Although the sale for it ended, it's still well worth the original $10.00 price.

Agreed. Beautiful game.

On another note:

*points at avatar* REPLICAAA!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Edit: Make sure to add me everyone!

---> Yoshichan <---

:lol just another day in Yoshis' mansion!
ßthePenguin;40007564 said:
The whole game is completely free and yeah, there is a campagin but i guess you have to be online for it but i guess again thats not your question.
Thanks man!

Alchemy

I'm a bit stingy and trying to avoid a giant backlog, but here is my list:

-Amnesia
-Bastion
-Binding of Isaac
-Saints Row the Third
-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

I'm trying to power through Binary Domain (got the Amazon $10 deal and activated on Steam), and waiting for Gods and Kings to get a dip in price before grabbing it on the last day if I have to. Might get SimCity 4 if it wins.

The list seems small, but New Vegas is going to destroy my free time.

Wilsongt

So uh... Reccettear. Can anyone convince me to buy it? I used to love JRPGs, but I don't like dumb weeaboo shit. So I seem to be at odds with the game. What's good about it?

Capitalism, ho!

It's less weeabo jRPG and more shop management with a little dungeon crawling.

Dear Esther passed the 250k sales mark

https://twitter.com/jessicacurry2/statuses/225658984932179968

Overwhelmed and genuinely stunned that we've passed the 250,000 mark in sales of #dearesther. Thank you thank you thank you.

https://twitter.com/jessicacurry2/statuses/225659448436338688

before release @danpinchbeck and I said that we'd be jumping for joy if we sold 20,000 copies. It's like a dream come true &#8234;#dearesther

Awesome, glad to hear. Definitely worth it. The environments are stunning and relaxing, especially the first two chapters, although the last one (at night), its cool to chill at the beach for a bit.

Eternia

I was probably waiting to see if Steam puts up the base game plus the DLC on sale again for $12.49 before likely jumping on that Paradox pack on Amazon. Although, is the DLC for CK2 anything to write home about?
Consensus seems to be the Sword of Islam DLC is the most important one which isn't in the main pack on Steam. But as mentioned above, Amazon sale has been said to last until the end of the month so it'll still be an option after the end of the Summer sale.

Fireblend

Banned
A lot of people are voting for other people and already have it. Unfortunately they're voting so their friends pick it up, not for the one they may actually want.

When that does happen, the votes are more evenly tied.

Pretty much. I'd vote for Alan Wake or Rayman Origins (even though they've already appeared throughout the sale) just so my friends could play them.

H3xum

Has anyone had any luck with the remote installs?

Under my Community link and then Games I'm trying to click the little button with the arrow next to the game I'm attempting to remotely install (yes my computer is on in another location) and it just grays out but even after a while (30min) and I refresh it just goes back to light gray and clickable again

Einbroch

Banned
The Binding of Isaac
Europa Universalis III
Fallout: New Vegas Complete Edition
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Just Cause 2
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Mount & Blade: Warband
Portal
Portal 2
SpaceChem
Supreme Commander 2
Ys Origin

Total: $40.75

Price per game (NOT including DLC and expansions): $2.03

Based Steam and Amazon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

In Reccettear, you send poors to their horrible, horrible deaths and take their loot.

The haul thus far (in no particular order):
Fortune Summoners
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe
Legend of Grimrock
Trine 2
Alan Wake (with Collector's Edition DLC)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Europa Universals 3 Chronicles (nicked key from Amazon)
Magicka Collection*
Sword of the Stars 1 Complete*
Victoria 2*
Sword of the Stars 2*
bunch of Just Cause 2 DLC
bunch of Killing Floor DLC
Binding of Issac Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Frozen Synapse Red DLC

*traded a second copy of Legend of Grimrock with Xater for these keys.

Not bad for £39.40.

HoosTrax

Has anyone had any luck with the remote installs?

Under my Community link and then Games I'm trying to click the little button with the arrow next to the game I'm attempting to remotely install (yes my computer is on in another location) and it just grays out but even after a while (30min) and I refresh it just goes back to light gray and clickable again
It stopped working for me this afternoon (was working fine earlier).

Mayyhem

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle bought! That was the last thing on my list of games I wanted so I "should" be done buying from this steam sale. But I'm sure I'll end up picking up a few more hot deals.

So far this summer sale has been good for my Library:

The Binding of Isaac
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Metro 2033
Portal 2
Stalker Bundle
Saints Row: The Third
The Witcher 2

ShaneB

When will super street fighter 4 be on sale again for $9.99? I missed that deal. :(

It's 10$ on Amazon right now, but yeah, it was a flash, so maybe it'll show up as a daily. I feel silly knowing I bought it for 10$ from GamersGate, but would buy it again just to have it on Steam. I'm such a shill. I mean it uses GFWL, so it's no big deal, but dammit!

Owensboro

So uh... Recettear. Can anyone convince me to buy it? I used to love JRPGs, but I don't like dumb weeaboo shit. So I seem to be at odds with the game. What's good about it?

Man, I'm with you on this one. I just tried out the Demo and while the systems of running the item shop and dungeon crawing for items to sell seems fun.... I just can't get over the art style. I know I would love this game if it dropped half the dumb art (as is evident by me loving the Taloon section of Dragon Quest IV) but I can't take the sound effects of the main character, or the constant stupid banter. Also, after just playing Ys: Origin, I find myself wishing it had that combat system. Oh well, that's $5 I'm saving.

Ultimadrago

It's more management sim (owning a store) than it is JRPG (dungeon crawling with a variety of fighters with unique weapons). Though the player is free to focus more on either, I just see it more based around the managing component.

The dialogue and characters will probably fall under "dumb weaboo shit" for those who aren't into that kind of thing. I would say it's not overwhelming, but ti is present.

In geenral, it was hard to put down for me because selling stuff all day, setting up and designing a store is actually fun. I find most of the dialogue charming with only a few "eyerolls" here and there (but again, you will probably not impressed with the "cutesy" from the main and another character from the cast, though far from everyone is like that).

As for the dungeon crawling, it can be fun to wreck enemies over again, but it can get repetitive with limited specials. Though the variety of fighters is set up well and no two play completely alike, all pretty well balanced as well. Therefore, it's easy to "spice up" the crawling by switching off through available hunters.

In the end, I'd recommend it to anyone at 5 dollars, but if you're in it solely for the combat aspects and don't like the "cute girl says cute things" tone of Recette (the main), you would probably be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom