• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozzted

ICEnhancer sees its final realease, as the creator plans to shift focus to other projects, such as improving the graphics of Minecraft and Skyrim <--- oh, snap

------

Also, I don't have much more to spend on Steam sales. So, I will hold out for something really cool!

Einbroch

Banned
Don't own any STALKER or Thief games, but the Thief games looks so graphically dated and STALKER doesn't seem to be my cup of tea so I think I'm not gonna pick up anything today.

Yay!

So, I could get Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl basically for free, but it's a used retail version.

Does the retail come with DRM, can I install the used game without problem on Win7 64bit, or could I end up with an unusable copy of the game?
Complete mod should work without problem right?

Twinduct

Gah, restarted steam, program hangs for 20 mins. Delete the clientregistry, been 20 mins only 50% downloaded the update.

So slow :/

Kammie

I bought pretty much everything I wanted from Steam on the last sale (which was my first, so I went kind of crazy), and all but a handful of the 100+ games I have have gotten any playtime. Only got Dear Esther and Robin Hood on this one so far, for a total of five bucks. Will probably be all I get.

Piano

Banned
Is there any reason to get the Total War mega pack? They're all the same game, right?

I'm debating which one to get. The only one I've played is Rome Total War, which I fucking loved around the time of its release. Looks like the best option may be Empire Total War, even though I really prefer the Rome setting...

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Maybe a bit OT, but how anyone can rage so hard at a video game that they do hundreds of dollars in damage to their own shit is beyond me. It's like, nice job breaking it hero. Now you get to buy a new one.

...Though it makes me wish I knew someone who would do this to gift SMB to, because I'm an asshole.
Starcraft 2 almost drove me to this. I had to uninstall it and break the disk.

Double

I bought pretty much everything I wanted from Steam on the last sale (which was my first, so I went kind of crazy), and all but a handful of the 100+ games I have have gotten any playtime. Only got Dear Esther and Robin Hood on this one so far, for a total of five bucks. Will probably be all I get.
Nobody wants to hear that stuff! First sentence was ok.

Wait, the Thief games are on sale? Do they even work on modern machines? I tried installing my old copy of Thief II recently and had to jump through several hoops to get it to run on Windows 7.

InertiaXr

I thought I read somewhere they were already working on a standalone version of DayZ, and that it wasn't far off. I don't know if that was just a rumor or not though.

I hope so. These guys deserve to get paid for their work. Bohemia has made good money off of the mod already, and now it;s these guys turn to make some as well.

Don't own any STALKER or Thief games, but the Thief games looks so graphically dated and STALKER doesn't seem to be my cup of tea so I think I'm not gonna pick up anything today.

Yay!
My wallet is happy as well.

Did I go overboard?

Damage so far:
Max Payne Bundle: $3.74
Star Wars: KOTOR: $2.49
Renegade Ops - Four Pack: $1.88
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Collection: $6.24
Fallout 3 GOTY: $4.99
Fallout NV:Ultimate: $9.99
Dead Space Pack: $9.98
Indie Bundle V: $9.99
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition: $2.49
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack: $8.00
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition: $4.99
Double Fine Bundle: $7.49
Super Meat Boy: $3.74
Bastion: $3.74
The Binding of Isaac: $1.24
Company of Heroes: $2.49
NFS: Hot Pursuit for Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: $4.99
Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters: $2.49

Total: $98.45
Average per game: $2.81

Maybe not so happy. Didn't think it would be that much.

Eusis

It's considered the odd one out, so don't feel bad skipping it. If you need one, CoP is the way to go, but the original is good too.
Clear Sky also seems to be the only one burdened with TAGES (though I didn't check the Steam DRM list to be sure), so screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom