• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

How are you guys spending 100-150 bucks? Buying everything under the Sun or fairly new to PC gaming? Your backlogs are going to be enormous. I got Ys Origin and Killing Floor and am pretty happy with that haul

In my case, not new to PC gaming, but just getting back into it after being on consoles this whole generation. I'm buying things I didn't on console (Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, Witcher 2) or things I've wanted to play but didn't have a PC that was up to min specs. I am currently at like $70 though.

Wallander

Neo Member
Massive thanks to Wilflare and I H8 Memes for gifting.

Approaching a cumulative total of $160 :S
Waiting on a Splinter Cell and a Dragon Age sale, and like everyone on here ARMA II.
Fingers crossed.

Sblargh

Banned
My first steam sale was super expensive, too; but now I'm deep in territory of "I have kind of everything I want that is not brand new, therefore, not on sale".

therapist

Frozenbyte Giveaway
TvdCV.png

can do again after 15 minutes.
Probably deserve it's own thread ... but i'm in a rush and don't want to make a bad thead =P

Nice i got shadowgrounds survivor - thanks!

ZZMitch

I don't think this is ever going to be on sale again until the entire series is available on Steam (so never). Same goes for Dragon Age.

Well it is on sale at the moment, it just hasn't been a daily. And Crysis 2 went on sale so I think there is hope. I just got into the Mass Effect series recently and really want to continue after finishing the first Mass Effect.

Akey

Banned
L.A. Noire dlc worth it?...is the game itself worth it? Thinking of picking this up and Bastion today. Was hoping I was done until Ys is a daily but I guess not.

L.A. Noire dlc worth it?...is the game itself worth it? Thinking of picking this up and Bastion today. Was hoping I was done until Ys is a daily but I guess not.

At $5 it is worth it, but only if you see yourself playing it before the winter sale.

Katoki

So I'm upgrading to a GTX 670 from a 570. What should I delete to ensure that everything will run fine?

Use driver sweeper and just clear all the old drivers out before you install the latest. I have no idea what the current version is though so you may not have to.

Smash88

Banned
Did they take Sacred 2 off of Steam? For some reason I don't see it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578123

Today I received an Email from Koch Media, informing me that the Sacred 2 servers will be shut down by the end of March. Here is the full text:

Dear Sacred Fan,

At every end....... there is a NEW beginning!

After four years of free online gaming we have decided to go in a new direction with the Sacred universe.

Because of this, we have to take the server offline at the end of March 2012.

But be rest assured that Sacred will continue! We are extensively working towards a bright future for the series.

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

---------------------------

I'm guessing due to no more support they took it off?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
my first steamsale stung... $500 dollar stung.... ( went from 0 games to 150 I think or something bizarre like that )

Euphor!a

Banned

Today I received an Email from Koch Media, informing me that the Sacred 2 servers will be shut down by the end of March. Here is the full text:

Dear Sacred Fan,

After four years of free online gaming we have decided to go in a new direction with the Sacred universe.

But be rest assured that Sacred will continue! We are extensively working towards a bright future for the series.

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

I'm not interested in the multiplayer stuff.

Shambles

Dear Sacred Fan,

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

For us in North America we won't miss out trying to play on European servers with 800ms latency.

As far as not showing up in Steam before I believe that steam had a set amount of keys and sold through them. Don't expect it to come back to steam, no new keys are coming.

Gbraga

Dear Sacred Fan,

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

---------------------------

I'm guessing due to no more support they took it off?

Bullshit. Free online game? They paid for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom