• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
my first steamsale stung... $500 dollar stung.... ( went from 0 games to 150 I think or something bizarre like that )
O_O

I have never played a Sins of Solar Empire Game.

I love Civ V (I know this is not turn based.).

So, is Trinity worth $5 or should I just wait for Rebellion to be cheap down the road? Is the multiplayer in Trinity a pain in the ass to set up (do i have to port forward and mess with ip addresses etc.). That is one of my biggest pet peeves of PC gaming online. I don't want to deal with that stuff. I've spent hours before trying to get games to work to no avail.

Quikies83

Oh sweet lord of hosts -- STALKER: Call of Pripyat is on the deal list! So bought. This is the one game that I had on my list going into the sale.
My Steam Summer Sale is officially done now. Good night all.. Time to play some fucking games!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who giiiiiiives a shit how many games you haveeeeee!

The real question is how many of those you've BEATEN!

Revolution here we come!

Mikor

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578123

Today I received an Email from Koch Media, informing me that the Sacred 2 servers will be shut down by the end of March. Here is the full text:

Dear Sacred Fan,

At every end....... there is a NEW beginning!

After four years of free online gaming we have decided to go in a new direction with the Sacred universe.

Because of this, we have to take the server offline at the end of March 2012.

But be rest assured that Sacred will continue! We are extensively working towards a bright future for the series.

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

---------------------------

I'm guessing due to no more support they took it off?

Not only was it removed from Steam, but existing owners are kind of screwed. Both my wife and I own copies of Sacred 2 on steam - they show up in our library and all - but after installing, if you go to play, it cannot pull a CD Key from the server and Steam stops the launch process. Sucks.

EDIT: NM

Also I am getting annoyed that for some reason my download for the first Monkey Island Special Edition is not finishing. Tried twice now...

Vert boil

Happy with my hauls from the first half of the sale,

Age of Empires 3 Complete
Chantelise
Civ 4 Complete
The Binding of Isaac + DLC

The only bit I'm after is a Ys bundle. Missed the Ys Origin flash sale, if there isn't a bundle I'll just pick up Felghana and wait for the next sale.

Sephon

Who giiiiiiives a shit how many games you haveeeeee!

The real question is how many of those you've BEATEN!

Revolution here we come!

You mean we can beat games?
UmpOi.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So of everything currently on sale, whats the best deal to pick up? I don't want to buy everything but they all look so good...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How did you only end up with 150 games spending $500? You should own half of Steam by now.

Eu-prices son :(

We have a winner.
Post game list please.

Mother of god, post your game list!

lol again, I had no games and was buying, double and triple dipping on games I've owned before etc etc...

And I'm by no means a steam-monster I only have 250-ish games, which surely is about avg among steam gaffers... the reason my gamelist hasn't ballooned out of control is that I really avoid games I know I won't play or are mediocre/bad even if I can get 50 of them for $25

dot

Resident Evil 5.

Y U NO GO ON SALE? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Maybe it has something to do with RE6 coming out soon..

Just picked up the STALKER complete bundle. What order should I play the games? And are there any mods I should pick up?

Just as a reminder, for anyone getting the STALKER games, don't forget the Complete mods for each one.

Shadow of Chernobyl: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Call of Pripyat: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete/

Clear Sky: http://www.moddb.com/mods/clear-sky-complete

Resident Evil 5.

Y U NO GO ON SALE? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Maybe it has something to do with RE6 coming out soon..

No, it's Capcom being out of touch with PC gaming as usual.

Shambles

Not only was it removed from Steam, but existing owners are kind of screwed. Both my wife and I own copies of Sacred 2 on steam - they show up in our library and all - but after installing, if you go to play, it cannot pull a CD Key from the server and Steam stops the launch process. Sucks.

*kisses retail disk* It's a shame what happened with Sacred, it was a great game. Hopefully the new IP owners manage to do something useful with it but I'm not expecting much. I still pull it out and play it with my wife fairly so often. However it's impossible to play with family members in Switzerland.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Our brave new digital future.

It always amazes me that companies get away with this. For all extents and purposes, they've stolen something you paid for.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I am now at $242 spent. How did this happen!!? At least it was all Steam credit from selling my console stuff at Gamestop but my god! New pc gamer here so I guess I have an excuse.

Our brave new digital future.

It always amazes me that companies get away with this. For all extents and purposes, they've stolen something you paid for.

There are ways around this that can't be discussed on here. If you have Sacred 2 on Steam it can still be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom