• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

Lol just got round to playing soem torchlight one,..... Wow

IM SO MUCH MORE DISSAPOINTED WITH DIABLO NOW

and also Does anyone feel like diablo ripped a bunch of features off of torchlight?

ANND how Similair Is the Music to like D2??? i was like FTW Lawsuit material?, But then i was like... i MISS this MUSIC SOO MUCH!!! man if there was sno such thing as copy right i sure we would have better games... >.<

Very, very good.

Solid action. Lot's of weapons to use, all of which stay useful due to branching upgrades. Tells a good story via narration as you play, so you get plenty of story without intrusive cutscenes. Narrator also comments on your gameplay, but never repeats himself. There's a new game + and a create-your-own-hard-mode. Great visuals and a fantastic soundtrack.

Ohh this is great, I got Bastion with its soundtrack on the Humble Bundle and have yet to play it.

Spazo

Is it possible that steam save my chat history like MSN ?

Kind of suck if I close the chat windows, I will lose everything

metalshade

*SIGH*
Terrarria AGAIN.
Guess this proves that at least we don't have to stress about missing the flash sales, they are all repeats of things nobody wants/already has.

1-D_FTW

This sale really kind of blows. Terraria again? Way to spotlight the non top sellers there, Gabe. It's one thing to kill off the achievement hunts that were so good to those games, but to rotate the same games over and over? Really? Tell your new economist his scheme stinks.

Katoki

I am tying not to spend more than $5 a day now

Bastion or Sins of a Solar Empire Trilogy

..I know they are not even remotely similar

ARG!!!

Bastion is awesome for under $5 but it's a lot easier to grab that for nearly squat with those indie bundles granted they happen when they happen.

I'm failing to see how the Trilogy would fit the not spending more than $5 a day, please enlighten me.

and also Does anyone feel like diablo ripped a bunch of features off of torchlight?

ANND how Similair Is the Music to like D2??? i was like FTW Lawsuit material?, But then i was like... i MISS this MUSIC SOO MUCH!!! man if there was sno such thing as copy right i sure we would have better games... >.<
Matt Uelmen does the music for Torchlight, he also did the music for the first two Diablos.

koolaroo

I was thinking about buying Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale anyone know if it's any good I remember reading somewhere it was fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why are they handicapping keyboard players by not letting them change the controls? I would've beaten this game an hour ago if I could have my IWBTG-setup. Jumping with space is fucking stupid because it's an inconsistent, fragile button.

edit: Talking about Super Meat Boy btw.

Katoki

This sale really kind of blows. Terraria again? Way to spotlight the non top sellers there, Gabe. It's one thing to kill off the achievement hunts that were so good to those games, but to rotate the same games over and over? Really? Tell your new economist his scheme stinks.

Terraria is a top seller though. It just kind of fell off again after the bigger discount goes away and other stuff takes the spotlight but it's still 16 on the under $5 games.

Biting the hand that feeds you.

Whats the point of following the sale at this point if its just going to be the same thing for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. time? I dont mind things repeating one time for those that missed its, but way to many repeats for my taste. : (

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
There's something wrong with me. I'm loving Train Simulator. Loving it.

Deadstar

How are you guys spending 100-150 bucks? Buying everything under the Sun or fairly new to PC gaming? Your backlogs are going to be enormous. I got Ys Origin and Killing Floor and am pretty happy with that haul

It's like Pokemon dude. Gotta Catch 'Em All. The fun is collecting games, not playing them.

ImRight

Matt Uelmen does the music for Torchlight, he also did the music for the first two Diablos.

Serious? i cant BELIEVE they didnt get him back to do D3 its rediculous the music in f3 Sucks ass , i just end up putting trance on all night.....

And especially since like when they first announced D3 they broke the new by starting off the old classic Guitar Riff, Im so Pissed about D3 after experiancing Torchlight now... But Also REALLY excited for Torchlight 2, is the same guy doing the music for T2?

only played like half hbour or so of TLight, but it's Great, Good atmosphere/vibe=/= Great music, graphics different but good...... only gripe so far is with the inability to bind different keys, or mouse buttons.... and a few other UI things, but seeing as how it's modable im guessing there would be a bunch of mods to fix everything...

Artofwar420

The dude that made the music for Diablo is the same dude that did it for Torchlight.

Edit: Beaten like an egg.

Danielsan

Why are they handicapping keyboard players by not letting them change the controls? I would've beaten this game an hour ago if I could have my IWBTG-setup. Jumping with space is fucking stupid because it's an inconsistent, fragile button.

edit: Talking about Super Meat Boy btw.
Play it with a 360 controller Yoshi. I can't even fathom how anyone could play that game with a keyboard.

naku

I hate repeating sales, but since they are doing it, why we can't get Deus Ex again. I've missed it two times, because I couldn't connect to internet.

1-D_FTW

Terraria is a top seller though. It just kind of fell off again after the bigger discount goes away and other stuff takes the spotlight but it's still 16 on the under $5 games.

Biting the hand that feeds you.

But it's not like they can't do both. It feels like this sale has been a giant middle finger to the guys they used to champion so well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gabe, this is what happens when you don't give good deals and people get bored. I hope you're happy. Terraria AGAIN?

XV0ui.png

Anyone up for some MTG '11!!?

bigace33

Man it stinks that Alpha Protocol hasn't had a single sale. People need to experience that masterpiece instead of putting the same games on sale every day.

Katoki

But it's not like they can't do both. It feels like this sale has been a giant middle finger to the guys they used to champion so well.

Maybe they're experimenting with us like lab rats this time. How about that? But yeah, Terraria HAS been repeated this most this sale though, I can't disagree with that point.

WATCH THESE USERS SCURRY AROUND!

Gabe, this is what happens when you don't give good deals and people get bored. I hope you're happy.

XV0ui.png

Anyone up for some MTG '11!!?

Hey, you got Cherry Blossom Murders. We're probably the only two GAF members that own it. :p

Good game, too. One of the better hidden object games I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom