• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Today's sales are much better than the last couple of days... Was waiting for Sins to go on sale, now I have to decide between Trinity and Rebellion.

I'm also considering getting into the total war series, but I don't know which one to go for! Rome's setting interests me the most, but it's the oldest game. Medieval and Empire sound pretty good too, but Napoleon doesn't interest me much. Or I could always just get the mega pack... Argh! Gabe, you sneaky, lovely teddy bear; you're inside my head!

I'm also waiting to see if Sid Meiers Pirates gets any cheaper, but being quite old, that's unlikely to happen isn't it?

naku

XV0ui.png

There's a lots of magic in that pic.

ImRight

hmm all these little indie games r Great for the sales cause im so Fking tired i just CBF getting into anything serious, But like... Plants Vs Zombies... Sweet, so easy to play, gonna have to give all my other indie titles a quick look...

Isaac + Wraf of tha Lamb
Vessle
Pixeljunk Eden
Q.U.B.E
Does, Bastion Count?
Magicka?

U get tha point

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Terraria? Again? Seriously?

How does everyone not own that yet? It's £1.50 and has been on sale more times than I can remember.

*sigh*

Don't say that...I'll end up getting it...

Please don't get me wrong, it's boring as all hell. But it's still really charming, in a simple sort of way. I mean, it's exactly what you'd expect. You make trains accelerate, sometimes alter switches, and then put them in reverse. You pick up and deliver loads of cars. It takes the same amount of time as real life.

I like doing this while I browse GAF.

It's really, really boring. But I'm still having a huge amount of fun, and get a super great feel of accomplishment when I complete each scenario. I don't know why, but this game is excellent.

If you buy it, get the $4 pack with the Horseshoe Curve DLC.

KillerAJD

Saw Isaac for $1.24, grabbed my card from my wallet, went to go enter it, and the deal was over -_- All in a matter of 30 seconds, haha. I will own it one day!

I'd enjoy a repeat of The Witcher 2 :p.

Yeah, I would too actually (got a ton of Steam credit from Gamestop, traded in 360 Witcher 2 for the sole purpose of getting PC Witcher 2.)

There are so many games that havent been on sale yet that Im interested in - Krater, Alpha Protocol, the Mass Effect Series, Last Remnant (tried to purchase of green gaming or whatever, but they are the only site in the past decade of 1000's of purchases that doesn't like my VERY BASIC billing info), Magic 2012 or 2013, etc., and Im sure Im missing quite a few. I mean, even if it wasn't something Im interested in (like train and flight simulators), its nice to see something new from their incredibly deep library of games.

But I feel like Ive seen some of these games every single day. I mean, and I could be wrong on this, but hasn't Saints Row 3 (which I bought : ) been a Daily, Flash, AND Community Choice at this point?

Please don't get me wrong, it's boring as all hell. But it's still really charming, in a simple sort of way. I mean, it's exactly what you'd expect. You make trains accelerate, sometimes alter switches, and then put them in reverse. You pick up and deliver loads of cars. It takes the same amount of time as real life.

I like doing this while I browse GAF.

It's really, really boring. But I'm still having a huge amount of fun, and get a super great feel of accomplishment when I complete each scenario. I don't know why, but this game is excellent.

If you buy it, get the $4 pack with the Horseshoe Curve DLC.

I get where you're coming from. I used to spend hours playing those 18 Wheels of Steel games where I'm just sitting there driving trucks down very long roads delivering cargo. Extremely boring but at the same time somewhat relaxing and endearing.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Won a 75% off Trine coupon on Summer Seal but I haven't received the email yet and it's been a while. Already own the game anyway so I was planning on giving it away.

Lingitiz

Man it stinks that Alpha Protocol hasn't had a single sale. People need to experience that masterpiece instead of putting the same games on sale every day.
This has been number one on my list before the sale even started. I've been waiting patiently and I thought we'd at least see a flash sale on it.

1-D_FTW

Maybe they're experimenting with us like lab rats this time. How about that? But yeah, Terraria HAS been repeated this most this sale though, I can't disagree with that point.

WATCH THESE USERS SCURRY AROUND!

Oh absolutely. Between their economists and their psychologists, it has their hands all over this sale. I'm just saying, the end result is about as soulless and top heavy as something EA could pull off.

Katoki

Oh absolutely. Between their economists and their psychologists, it has their hands all over this sale. I'm just saying, the end result is about as soulless and top heavy as something EA could pull off.

I guess that's the only way to get better things later though. Take solace in that, unless they decide to throw a maze in next time..

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How I've felt all day:

OPYdR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom