• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

How I've felt all day:

OPYdR.png

Yeah Whats with Steam "Installing Dx" everytime u launch a game lol? Cant it just detect its there? or is that basically what it does but the UI just sucks?

MRORANGE

It would have made more sense to keep vote/flash/daily deals separate, there's only so many times you can look at Saints Row 3/Terraira/Skyrim/Bastion/Dungeon Defenders/Dead Space before you just stop caring.

Salsa

fuck it since Ive been enjoying SSFIV so much again I decided to go ahead and build my own Arcade Stick starting next week. Was always interested in building one of these from scratch, should be interesting.

It would have made more sense to keep vote/flash/daily deals separate, there's only so many times you can look at Saints Row 3/Terraira/Skyrim/Bastion/Dungeon Defenders/Dead Space before you just stop caring.

And it figures the one I want to see again the most, Rayman Origins, is nowhere to be seen.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What replaced Isaac? Terraria or Dead Space?

Artofwar420

Delete useless installers (redistributable stuff) left over with this neat utility: http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

You could free up quite a lot of space.

I haven't tried it myself, just be careful and read the directions. This was recommended by a gaffer a month or so ago in a previous Steam thread.

Fox318

Yeah Whats with Steam "Installing Dx" everytime u launch a game lol? Cant it just detect its there? or is that basically what it does but the UI just sucks?
Each game can run on its own version of direct x. So steam really doesn't install so much that it checks what you have.

I could be wrong though.

ImRight

Yeah Agreed it sorta puts u off a bit when u just see the same deal up for another 6 hours after it's already been up before for like 5/8/36 hours.....

I hope Amnesia comes back around as a Flash. My brother thinks it looks "stupid and not scary" and says he'll play it at night in the dark with headphones on if I get it. This is gonna be good.

Nabs

fuck it since Ive been enjoying SSFIV so much again I decided to go ahead and build my own Arcade Stick starting next week. Was always interested in building one of these from scratch, should be interesting.

My arcade stick is one of my favorite pickups of the last few years. It's much easier on the hands, especially during long sets. The arcade stick thread is a good place to find the right (sanwa) parts.

For those in the states, Newegg has PS3/360 Madcatz SFxT Pro sticks for 99 bucks shipped. That's a really good deal.

Gav47

Yeah i had that happen ay..... they both downloaded like ~200mb?

Sure its not just some update?

Just tried verifying the cache on Alan Wake and it converted to Steam's new file format and downloaded 100mb, the American Nightmare patch is explained here. Everything went better than expected.

Shahadan

I gifted Saints Row the Third to four guys on my list. They were too scared to buy it. Fuckers. They love it now.

I may have spent more in Saints Row 3 than in anything else this sale.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, GAF, I've been meaning to ask.

These games:

L67hF.png

Any good? They have absurdly high MC scores, but they don't look very compelling. Also, how well would they run on my brother's older laptop? (Dual Core 1.8ghz, Radeon HD 4200?)

Salsa

My arcade stick is one of my favorite pickups of the last few years. It's much easier on the hands, especially during long sets.

For those in the states, Newegg has PS3/360 Madcatz SFxT Pro sticks for 99 bucks shipped. That's a really good deal.

its pretty much impossible to buy one for me because of shipping costs + the fact that they'll hold it due to its weight.

Plus, I always wanted to know the inside outs and build my own (since I hear it's really really easy), and the "best" arcade sticks out there dont ussually come with the best parts anyway.

Lingitiz

It really is ridiculous, the sales are just lazy right now. Dead Space 1 and 2 have been on sale so many times this year. Terraria has been on sale like 3 times already, and I think the price is the exact same as the winter sale. Bastion is a repeat, and almost everyone has it at this point from the indie bundle. Really the only exciting one there is SR3, and its been on sale a few times already.

Madridy

Just wanted to hop in here and thank both:

milesdm for helping get GTA complete for ~$8.5! (it wasn't even available in my region)

And Firehead for helping me get NFS: Hot Pursuit for $5 and saving 7 dollars.

You guys rock!

ImRight

Each game can run on its own version of direct x. So steam really doesn't install so much that it checks what you have.

I could be wrong though.

Hmm well as long as it doesent start installing a Direct x package for each game lol..... i dont mind having 8/9/10/11 installed but if that started being a version of each package individually for each game...... u would run out of speace Prreettyy quick

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Play it with a 360 controller Yoshi. I can't even fathom how anyone could play that game with a keyboard.
Arghhhhhhhhh slowly but surely adapting T_T

DangerStepp

These games:

L67hF.png

Any good? They have absurdly high MC scores, but they don't look very compelling. Also, how well would they run on my brother's older laptop? (Dual Core 1.8ghz, Radeon HD 4200?)
I think I'm gonna jump on this, too.

Also, should I get all three or is there a stinker in the series?

These games:

L67hF.png

They are great if you like stealth games, Thief 2 is my favorite game of all time. And yes, that laptop should have no problem running them...Deadly Shadows is the most recent game of the bunch and it came out in 2004.

Salsa

Yeah that is a fantastic deal and worthwhile pick up instead of building your own stick SalsaShark since you can change the parts around once you get it.

yeah I added a post

also, building my own with the best parts isnt gonna cost me more than 80 bucks really. I dont understand why more people wont do it. I get that the build on a new one could be great or whatever but buying one to swtich the parts just seems silly, making your own is easy and once you get the best parts there is virtually no difference.

Sajjaja

These games:

L67hF.png

Someone....answer this....

EDIT:...nvm... this thread moves too fast...

Lothars

yeah I added a post

also, building my own with the best parts isnt gonna cost me more than 80 bucks really. I dont understand why more people wont do it. I get that the build on a new one could be great or whatever but buying one to swtich the parts just seems silly, making your own is easy and once you get the best parts there is virtually no difference.
yup I saw your post so editted my post.

cametall

So has Arma II Combined been on sale already? Just learned about the DayZ mod today.

It's 20% off right now. I hope there's a Flash deal or daily or something else.

I doubt it will drop further though. At 20% off it's in like the top 5 best selling Steam games. The only ones before it are the dailies/flashes/choice ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom