• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalker bundle.

Price of individual games: $9.97 USD
Bundle cost: $11.19 USD

wut

I think I figured this out, the 3.74 price is a 'loyalty discount' for people who have one of the other stalker games registered to their account. For other people it's 4.99 and the bundle is cheaper. Do you own any of the stalker games?

Petrie

Banned
Thanks guys, I'm going to check youtube quick and give it a bit more thought. I wasn't aware it was so one-dimensional.

If running an item shop sounds fun, buy it. If not, stay away. The story is so bad it's amusing, and the dungeon crawling is passable.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn Paypal site isn't opening in Steam, I am far too lazy to go walk down two flights of stairs to go find my wallet.

Anyone know how to get RAGE running on a Macbook pro retina (base model) in bootcamp? It crashes to the desktop after about 30 seconds of gameplay. Google doesn't feel like helping.

Anyone try this?

Thanks guys, I'm going to check youtube quick and give it a bit more thought. I wasn't aware it was so one-dimensional.

I'd actually say it's surprisingly deep, but it comes down to expectations.

All I expected/wanted was the item shop portion and was blown away by how much more I could do in the game, even if I didn't end up messing around too much with item creation or dungeon crawling. They weren't bad, I just liked playing the capitalism meta game more.

In a vacuum, it's easily worth $5, but in a Steam sale, $5 is pretty significant.

Razek

Banned
If running an item shop sounds fun, buy it. If not, stay away. The story is so bad it's amusing, and the dungeon crawling is passable.

It does, I'm just wondering how complex the actual shop dealings are. I'm going to end up blowing all my time figuring this out tonight, I know it.

All I expected/wanted was the item shop portion and was blown away by how much more I could do in the game, even if I didn't end up messing around too much with item creation or dungeon crawling. They weren't bad, I just liked playing the capitalism meta game more.

In a vacuum, it's easily worth $5, but in a Steam sale, $5 is pretty significant.

Exactly. If this was any old day I would buy without a thought. Something happens during these sales. We change... into something horrible. The most frugal consumers, a new breed.

I have one last question for anyone. Does progressing in the item shop really do anything for you? As in, what is the goal, just to beat story mode? Or is it like the Sims where you play just to play?

Speevy

Banned
Is there any way to make Tiny Bang Story run in a resolution other than 1024X768?

I have my laptop hooked via HDMI to my TV and it outputs at 1280x720, which is fine for most games, but this resolution won't display at all.

Petrie

Banned

I found everything outside of the item shop felt very "half-baked" though.

You should easily get $5 worth of enjoyment from it, but if you're on a tight budget, you can get more for your money.

It does, I'm just wondering how complex the actual shop dealings are. I'm going to end up blowing all my time figuring this out tonight, I know it.

It's pretty deep. Each customer has a set amount of cash, wants, needs, that you learn as you play. You need to balance profit with keeping them happy and leveling up, as well as manage the fact that different commodities go up and down all the time, so you want to buy low and sell high.

The item shop part if deep and a lot of fun. Everything else, not so much.

Tess3ract

Banned
If you want to disable GFWL you can use something called XLIVELESS

at least with GTA4, Fallout 3 (technically it disables it but performs the same function), and Red Faction Guerrilla.

I have no idea if that works with MP.

The results of my first Steam Sale! I think I'm done. At least I hope so.

Bought:

- Star Wars: KOTOR -- $2.49
- Dear Esther -- $2.49
- Bastion -- $3.74
- Psychonauts -- $3.99 (from Amazon)
- Trine Bundle -- $4.99
- Ys The Oath in Felghana -- $5.09
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- $7.49
- Alan Wake Bundle -- $9.99
- Saints Row: The Third -- $12.49
- Torchlight I & II -- $19.99
- Batman: Arkham City -- Free (Nvidia promo)
- Just Cause 2 -- Free (Nvidia promo)

Gifted:

- Binary Domain -- $13.59
- Sim City 4 -- $4.99

Received:

- The Walking Dead
- SpaceChem
- Renegade Ops
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
- Thief Collection

Total Damage: $91.33

Wishlist:

- Street Fighter X Tekken
- The Witcher 1 & 2
- Sonic Generations
- Sonic Adventure DX
- Devil May Cry 4
- Bionic Commando
- Quantum Conundrum
- Ys Origin
- MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
- Borderlands GOTY
- Amnesia
- Costume Quest

Fuuuuuu--

And I still have to get Kingdom Hearts 3DS Mark of Mastery Edition and The Last Story at the end of the month... HALP ;;__;;

The only way I'd buy something else is if SFxTekken goes on sale for cheap. I'm itchin' for a good fighter.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
we dont speak like this in Uruguay sir, that is mexican slang

pero se pueden ir a la concha de su madre
Qué onda, ahora se puede hablar en castellano y putear sin problemas?

Translation: How are you gentlemen? You have no chance to survive make your time.

There are those moments in games that just trigger satisfaction in your brain.

Grabbing a coin or power-up in Mario.
Leveling up in an RPG.
Getting a head shot in a shooter.

In Recettear, it's buying low and selling ridiculously high, while keeping a stock of low value items so you can get that broke-as-shit little girl out of your store without pissing her off.

For those wanting a Game of Thrones hit:

S Tier
First three books

A+ Tier
Crusader Kings 2 with Mod

D- Tier
Feast for Crows
Game of Thrones RPG

A Dance with Dragons Tier
Game of Thrones - Genesis
Dance with Dragons

hitmon

If you want to disable GFWL you can use something called XLIVELESS

at least with GTA4, Fallout 3 (technically it disables it but performs the same function), and Red Faction Guerrilla.

I have no idea if that works with MP.

I'm kind of worried about it causing problems with Steam. I have no interest in the MP part of GTA4. Most of my interest is in the ICE mod. Thanks for all the info.

Tess3ract

Banned
Lol I just was reading some more and noticed this:

Batman: Arkham City scans itself to see if you're cheating, and does shit like put up invisible walls and crashes the game if it catches you modified a value wrong.

Holy shit I want to buy the game even less now.

For those wanting a Game of Thrones hit:

S Tier
First three books

A+ Tier
Crusader Kings 2 with Mod

D- Tier
Feast for Crows
Game of Thrones RPG

A Dance with Dragons Tier
Game of Thrones - Genesis
Dance with Dragons

Storm of Swords deserves its own top tier. And fuck Feast for Crows harder than that.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
then here's me hoping it would be the next flash deal as well
:p

Haha! If you really want that extra gift copy, I'll be more than happy to put your name on it. You're always helping out non-US folk in the thread, you deserve it.

(If it happens, I can send it to one of the email addresses in your group, right? I'm kinda hesitant to send "friend" requests to people who don't know me and whom I don't really know either.)

The results of my first Steam Sale! I think I'm done. At least I hope so.

Bought:

- Star Wars: KOTOR -- $2.49
- Dear Esther -- $2.49
- Bastion -- $3.74
- Psychonauts -- $3.99 (from Amazon)
- Trine Bundle -- $4.99
- Ys The Oath in Felghana -- $5.09
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- $7.49
- Alan Wake Bundle -- $9.99
- Saints Row: The Third -- $12.49
- Torchlight I & II -- $19.99
- Batman: Arkham City -- Free (Nvidia promo)
- Just Cause 2 -- Free (Nvidia promo)

Gifted:

- Binary Domain -- $13.59
- Sim City 4 -- $4.99

Received:

- The Walking Dead
- SpaceChem
- Renegade Ops
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
- Thief Collection

Total Damage: $91.33

Wishlist:

- Street Fighter X Tekken
- The Witcher 1 & 2
- Sonic Generations
- Sonic Adventure DX
- Devil May Cry 4
- Bionic Commando
- Quantum Conundrum
- Ys Origin
- MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
- Borderlands GOTY
- Amnesia
- Costume Quest

Fuuuuuu--

And I still have to get Kingdom Hearts 3DS Mark of Mastery Edition and The Last Story at the end of the month... HALP ;;__;;

The only way I'd buy something else is if SFxTekken goes on sale for cheap. I'm itchin' for a good fighter.

I love your wishlist, I've had SFxT at number one since I knew it was on pc and have been wishing and wishing for a sale. If you're not attached to steam you can get witcher 1+2 on gog for cheap today.

Razek

Banned
I really wasn't expecting this much feedback. Thanks for all the input. I'm going to take a chance and just go for it. It sounds fun enough and I like those little profit-money simulator type games so I think I will like this.

Aka this sale has claimed another soul.

Seriously, I really do appreciate it guys.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet, so I'm not sure if I want this game. I don't know how attached I'm going to be to the series. For $25, though, I probably should just let it pass.

Man, I just want Arma II at this point. I got a good racer, I got a ton of other games... I just want Day Z now.

hitmon

Lol I just was reading some more and noticed this:

Batman: Arkham City scans itself to see if you're cheating, and does shit like put up invisible walls and crashes the game if it catches you modified a value wrong.

Holy shit I want to buy the game even less now.

That sucks. Its like taking all the fun out of PC gaming. Its not like there's MP or anything.

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, what am I supposed to vote for in this round? I browsed a few pages back and couldn't determine what the GAF hivemind wants. Either someone tells me what to vote for or I'm voting Fable 3.
It's gonna win, anyway

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't care what my next vote is. Next person to quote me will get it.

Tess3ract

Banned
Storm of Swords deserves its own top tier. And fuck Feast for Crows harder than that.

No way, AFFC owns. It has (series)
Brienne and Jaime point of views, best book behind ASOS.
That sucks. Its like taking all the fun out of PC gaming. Its not like there's MP or anything.
Space marine does it too. It's bullshit.

I don't mind MP protection, but Single Player protection? Fuck that horseshit

I don't care what my next vote is. Next person to quote me will get it.

Don't vote for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom