• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmon

ACHIEVEMENT POINTS!

Funny enough, Arkham City was my first GFWL game and I was weirded out when I was checking my game history on 360 and saw Arkham City PC on it.

Oh forgot about that... Is it possible to disable Achievements on Steam? Don't find anything fun about achievements unfortunately.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SLfpa.png

Good luck. I already have this game, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Edit:
Don't vote for anything.
Hahahaha, oh damn. I didn't see this at first. Oh well. Next time there's a useless vote for me.

Petrie

Banned
There are those moments in games that just trigger satisfaction in your brain.

Grabbing a coin or power-up in Mario.
Leveling up in an RPG.
Getting a head shot in a shooter.

In Recettear, it's buying low and selling ridiculously high, while keeping a stock of low value items so you can get that broke-as-shit little girl out of your store without pissing her off.

OMFG THIS. FUCK HER!

Smash88

Banned
SLfpa.png

Good luck. I already have this game, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Hahahaha, oh damn. I didn't see this at first. Oh well. Next time there's a useless vote for me.

It's a great game. I've owned, played, beat it on multiple difficulties.

I think more people should experience this great game.

EDIT: He edited that in after you posted. I posted my vote first.

Alan Wake is so unengaging

The plot is fine, it's actually pretty good for a game. Playing it however is seriously sucking away my soul, ugh

The game really didn't need guns, the combat is trivial. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO AIM

If instead it was about scrounging around for batteries/matches/candles etc it'd be far more interesting

Tess3ract

Banned
It's a great game. I've owned, played, beat it on multiple difficulties.

I think more people should experience this great game.

EDIT: He edited that in after you posted. I posted my vote first.
You're in the minority, not just on gaf but in general.

I mean if you have four people to play it with maybe, but you're better off playing L4D

Smash88

Banned
You're in the minority, not just on gaf but in general.

I mean if you have four people to play it with maybe, but you're better off playing L4D

Well of course I mean with people. Who the hell would play a multiplayer primarily focused game by themselves (or with bots)?

You should always play it online. And I'm not in the minority, you are.

Tess3ract

Banned
Well of course I mean with people. Who the hell would play a multiplayer primarily focused game by themselves (or with bots)?

You should always play it online. And I'm not in the minority, you are.
I'm really not in the minority though, go looking some more on forums.

Regardless of that to answer your question, you'd be surprised. But yes, I wouldn't even play L4D by myself and is the reason I haven't finished either game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
OMG 4 hours left!

Guys how good is simcity 4?!?!

Simcity 2000 was one of my favor games, is simcity 4 the one that destroyed the franchise, or did I confused it with another simcity?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Wait I bought fallout 3 on steam so I could throw out my shitty gfw version . It still uses it even though I bought it on steam? Fuck I thought it was fixed up for steam

Razek

Banned
Alan Wake is so unengaging

The plot is fine, it's actually pretty good for a game. Playing it however is seriously sucking away my soul, ugh

The game really didn't need guns, the combat is trivial. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO AIM

If instead it was about scrounging around for batteries/matches/candles etc it'd be far more interesting

I turned of the HUD immediately to make combat a bit more challenging and the game more atmospheric. Doing so, the auto aim becomes more of an asset than a hand holding tool.

I just wish the combat sections weren't so horribly obvious and long. It just starts to drag on so bad.

Sulla1980

What arguments were you using against buying them? I"m still trying to decide on the GTA collection.

Well, I thought to myself: I'm not going to play these!

But then I thought about how cool these games are, and someone earlier posted that the control scheme was much better on PC.

And then I got an urge to play Vice City!

Salsa

I uninstalled GFWL and now GFWL games just plain wont run. Not even an error comes up.

Before the game would run and it would ask you to install GFWL in-game. Now I dont know what to do because im pretty sure the setup I need to run is the one that isnt working for me.

And ive been playing Super Street Fighter IV constantly since I bought it.

no words.

Smash88

Banned
I uninstalled GFWL and now GFWL games just plain wont run. Not even an error comes up.

Before the game would run and it would ask you to install GFWL in-game. Now I dont know what to do because im pretty sure the setup I need to run is the one that isnt working for me.

no words.

Try a system restore, prior to everything that has happened.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

no words.

I may be late to the part on this one, but are there Steam games that require GFWL? If so, please don't tell me Street Fighter AE is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom