• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I uninstalled GFWL and now GFWL games just plain wont run. Not even an error comes up.

Before the game would run and it would ask you to install GFWL in-game. Now I dont know what to do because im pretty sure the setup I need to run is the one that isnt working for me.

And ive been playing Super Street Fighter IV constantly since I bought it.

no words.

Maybe verify the integrity of the cache to restore the game to it's original condition? This is a game on Steam right?

Tess3ract

Banned
I may be late to the part on this one, but are there Steam games that require GFWL? If so, please don't tell me Street Fighter AE is one of them.
ibebJbynvl4PGE.jpg

Tukker

Lol I just was reading some more and noticed this:

Batman: Arkham City scans itself to see if you're cheating, and does shit like put up invisible walls and crashes the game if it catches you modified a value wrong.

Holy shit I want to buy the game even less now.

I feel bad that I bought this game now. Who cares if you are cheating in a sp game. I like to fuck around in some games but this sucks.

Retne

I may be late to the part on this one, but are there Steam games that require GFWL? If so, please don't tell me Street Fighter AE is one of them.

Fallout 3 is one. Bioshock 2 requires it as well. Those are only the titles I've gotten and had to punch GFWL in the face with. It ate my BS2 saves but I was able to rip it out of FO3.

Lingitiz

I haven't played Napoleon, but I know Rome is arguably the best in the series. Generally, Medieval 2, Shogun 2, and Rome are ones you can't go wrong with.

If anybody needs help buying anything from the US store, I am available again.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538

And Wilflare can help with non-EA games

I'm online to help with USD prices

PM me
(1) Game
(2) Link to Game
(3) Your Steam Email

:D

Also I think that maybe my crashing problem is from running Fallout 3 on a quad core. I found a post on Steam forums that has a fix that I will try if it crashes again.

Salsa

Try a system restore, prior to everything that has happened.

I ran the setup and im back at square one. GFWL Live works in-game just fine but the standalone client wont let me connect.

Basically what this means is that I cant redeem any piece of GFWL DLC, including the Harley Quinn DLC I just bought.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
If anybody needs help buying anything from the US store, I am available again.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538

And Wilflare can help with non-EA games

Also I think that maybe my crashing problem is from running Fallout 3 on a quad core. I found a post on Steam forums that has a fix that I will try if it crashes again.
My fallout 3 crashes all the time. Something about display driver nvdrrrmggdg crashing and cannot fix it.

I ran the setup and im back at square one. GFWL Live works in-game just fine but the standalone client wont let me connect.

Basically what this means is that I cant redeem any piece of GFWL DLC, including the Harley Quinn DLC I just bought.

The stand alone client is a shell that directs you to xbox.xom. Is there anywhere on the site you can log into, redeem the codes and download the content?

Petrie

Banned
OK. I'm finally going to play something, and can't make up my damn mind with all these games. This is disgusting in a way.

Which Ys game is the consensus to play first? Maybe I'll delve into one of those. Bah, I dunno.

bigace33

My fallout 3 crashes all the time. Something about display driver nvdrrrmggdg crashing and cannot fix it.

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is horrible on Windows 7. I could never get it to run properly, ended up having to go with Vanilla and all the dlc separately.

Tess3ract

Banned
That Game of Thrones rpg is pretty janky isn't it?
It's not so much janky as it is...clumsy I guess?

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is horrible on Windows 7. I could never get it to run properly, ended up having to go with Vanilla and all the dlc separately.
You know the DLC is just files in the xlive (gfwl) folder right?

Use goty on steam, but disable gfwl and move your saves and dlc to the proper (root) folder.

Fallout is one of those games where if you really wanted to you don't technically have to own the dlc on steam in order to make it work. Not that I'm implying anyone here would do such a thing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Waves for $3, the demo sold me completely. It's very similar to Geometry Wars Galaxies, which I loved, so it's well worth it for me. Now I really gotta get a 360 gamepad!

Oh, and also bought another copy of Super Meat Boy and gifted it to a friend, so that's $3.75 less. Gotta make my last $13.66 count!
(who am I kidding? I'll probably end up spending some more, in fact I'm planning on getting Saints Row The Third from Amazon at 10 bucks)

biocat

The same thing happened to me. Probably a region thing since you're in Spain(?) and I'm in Japan. Try logging in through the website and buying it there. It worked for me on a different game. ;)

mackattk

With my very very limited amount of time with GFWL (microsoft flight), I could put the DLC key in the GFWL client in game. Does this not work for all games?

Razek

Banned
Nobody seems to be answering any total war questions at all.

I have only played Rome: total war so I can't answer the exact question. I can give my cobweb ridden memories of Rome though:

Rome was just an okay game to me. The chessboard like world map was probably the best part. The combat battle scene just wasn't really all that fun to me. I never felt all that in control and it also seemed easy. Maybe it was my crappy computer back then, but I got bored after a game or two and haven't installed it since. As I liked the over world stuff so much, I just asked myself while playing: "Why not just play civilization instead?".

Katoki

wait, what? they've never had a flash sale shorter than 6 hours :(

Steam stop changing the rules of the game on us >_<

The 4 hours makes it just in time for the community vote change too. BUT Skyrim was already a flash for a half hour prior to my posting it because I just caught it when I got home, so it was set for 5 hours.

Salsa

With my very very limited amount of time with GFWL (microsoft flight), I could put the DLC key in the GFWL client in game. Does this not work for all games?

It freezes when I go to "redeem" code

the problem with this is that I could always do it before, and I could even do it for this game right until the download stopped at 75 percent.

The same thing happened to me. Probably a region thing since you're in Spain(?) and I'm in Japan. Try logging in through the website and buying it there. It worked for me on a different game. ;)

I already bought it, I cant redeem it

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why is everyone here so hung up on KRATER? What's so special about that game?

Tess3ract

Banned
No, DLC is handled out of game through the client. If it's already on the disk, it just needs to be enabled but usually that's not always the case.

O.DOGG

I'm considering LA Noire. What's the verdict on that? I know a lot of people don't like it but I'm not sure why? Could someone post some pros and cons?

bigace33

It's not so much janky as it is...clumsy I guess?

You know the DLC is just files in the xlive (gfwl) folder right?

Use goty on steam, but disable steam and move your saves and dlc to the proper (root) folder.

Fallout is one of those games where if you really wanted to you don't technically have to own the dlc on steam in order to make it work. Not that I'm implying anyone here would do such a thing.

lol wow. Even on my real Xboxlive account? All of my PC games are tied to my 360 Live account that I've had since like 07, I don't want to lose my account. Wish I had knew that earlier though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm considering LA Noire. What's the verdict on that? I know a lot of people don't like it but I'm not sure why? Could someone post some pros and cons?

It's fun for a while, but don't think that you'll beat it unless you're really into playing the same formula over and over and over.

It's a really fascinating game, but the story isn't engrossing enough to keep you going throughout, since there are only a small variety of gameplay elements to the game.

It's definitely worth the $5, because it'll give you a few hours of fun for sure. The game, however, is far too long, tedious, and monotonous after a point. Everyone's breaking point is different, though.

Sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom